shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Names: What makes you like/dislike a name?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
I love the name Sebastien. Loved it since junior high. I like French names. DH doesn''t care for it because it reminds him of the crab in Little Mermaid.
20.gif

Maybe I can convince him to use it if our next is a boy.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was one of 2 in my class, but I was Missi, and most others I know spell it Missy. Tho, we still had to put our last initial on everything. I hated it. I was Missi J and she was Missy A, so the it was like one word, Missijay. Now it wouldn''t bother me, but as a kid, it drove me bonkers. For a while we had 2 Dawns, so we had tall Dawn and short Dawn. My brother has a common name too, but he ended up w/a unique nickname in high school and has been known by that ever since. I became "nickname''s sister".
20.gif
Really, I shouldn''t roll my eyes, b/c it did come in handy, and we still laugh over some of the stories of people not knowing who I was.

Sebastian is a beautiful name-it reminds me of Sebastian Bach and ohh how I adored him back in the day. Wasn''t the kid in Neverending Story named Sebastian?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 2:57:40 PM
Author: janinegirly

regarding the name Sebastian, I think that''s a great name, esp when shortened to Seb! I always thought of it as a French name. To me it is not feminine at all but DH also doesn''t like it so maybe men see it differently.

Yeah my DH hates it as well-seeing as we won''t be having kids for quite a few years, I have plenty of time to work on him!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the name Sebastian!

I had one of the best kitties ever, and his name was Sebastian. We pronounced it "Se-BAST-ee-in" and not "Se-BAS-chin" though. His nicknames were "Basty" or "Beasty".
9.gif

I love the name for humans. We have friends with two children, Sebastian and Isabella. They''re Polish, and they wanted to make sure their children have what they call "international" names. They *hate* it that Isabella is becoming so popular now, though. (Their Isabella is 12.)

I used to sing a song to my little man all the time:
He''s the man, he''s the man, the man with a plan
He''s the man with a plan, Sebastian!

Now it runs through my head on repeat whenever we''re with our friend''s son or anyone else named Sebastian.

Bash is a great nickname, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results