shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby (my rock''s) pics came...what am I looking at???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emperisse

Rough_Rock

So the seller sent pictures of my diamond, and I read up on IS, but I''m still unsure of what I''m looking at.

There are dark spots, there are white spots, and then the regular pic, non-IS, is dark and grey, even though it''s an E...

What am I looking at???

thanks to anyone that can help.

--E

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
this is the IS pic

IS_GIA15296859.gif

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
and the regular pic

DI40XT_GIA15296859.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. I''m gonna let the IS experts chime in on that...

But about the Grey. Diamonds reflect the colors around them. The background behind that photo is grey... if its an ACA or GIA E... I wouldn''t worry for a second.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 4:19:49 PM
Author:Emperisse

So the seller sent pictures of my diamond, and I read up on IS, but I''m still unsure of what I''m looking at.

There are dark spots, there are white spots, and then the regular pic, non-IS, is dark and grey, even though it''s an E...

What am I looking at???

thanks to anyone that can help.

--E

What looks to be a really lovely princess.

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks like a beautiful stone, all around.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am far from an expert, but that looks like a pretty good IS image for a princess. The white/light gray areas indicate light leakage, and most princesses have more leakage than this one. You want to see mostly red & black, and it is good that is has both because that means the stone has some constrast. (Experts, please correct me if I''m wrong.) An E color graded by GIA or AGS should be icy white.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Red=light reflection back
Black=head obstruction
white=leakage

You want lots of red and some black and very little white...you have some leakage in this stone, but overall it looks nice.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its just got enough black and white to give it very nice contrast which the regular picture shows.
Princesses aren''t my favorite cut but this one looks very nice.
Maybe not in the same class as Paul''s masterpieces but very very nice.

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
Dear All,

Thank you so much for your help and opinion. I am one happy chickie!

Now I''m looking at settings... wouldn''t be surprised if I''m here to ask for your great opinions again.

Thanks again!

--E
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results