shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Fever

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
For whatever reason, over the past couple weeks I have developed MAJOR baby fever. It has happened before but it usually passes as quickly as it comes. But it won''t go away and it seems that it just gets worse EVERY day!

What are everyone''s opinions on this? Do you think it''s a mind thing? Or do you think that when one gets this *baby fever* that it''s their body trying to tell them it''s ready?

FI insists it''s a mind thing but I''m not sure. I tend to think maybe it''s a little of both?

What do you think?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I think its a stage thing. You are getting married and I''m assuming want children so its normal to have it on your mind.

If you''d like you can come babysit DD between 2:45am and 5:15am. Should clear those thoughts right up ;-)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:24:16 PM
Author: fiery
I think its a stage thing. You are getting married and I''m assuming want children so its normal to have it on your mind.

If you''d like you can come babysit DD between 2:45am and 5:15am. Should clear those thoughts right up ;-)

Totally true... my getting married might have just really kick-started it.

Haha. Yeah, I think even the thought of that just took a little bit of that baby fever away!
2.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t really have baby fever, but after we were married I def. started to think about it more. We''ve been travelling quite a bit lately--we call it the "pre-baby" travel and have a plan to start TTC in the spring. The problem is that the more we go on these great trips, the more I want to push the baby timeline back! Now I have travel fever.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a bit of both.

On an off topic, I want to hear more about these exotic trips New England Lady''s been on...

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 3:36:58 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I didn''t really have baby fever, but after we were married I def. started to think about it more. We''ve been travelling quite a bit lately--we call it the ''pre-baby'' travel and have a plan to start TTC in the spring. The problem is that the more we go on these great trips, the more I want to push the baby timeline back! Now I have travel fever.

Oh it''s awesome that you''re traveling so much! I''m sure if we were then I wouldn''t be thinking about babies as much. I don''t know. I think it truly might just be that since now we''re getting married and everything, it''s becoming all so real to me. Our time line has always been that we''ll start trying when we''re about 29. That''s 4 more years and I definitely think we WILL be waiting until then, as planned. There is a lot we want to do before children so I''ll have to keep this baby fever at bay for a while longer. So go for it, girl! Travel all you want! Lord knows you won''t be able to once you have children. So enjoy it while you can! (I was also speaking to myself there!)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 3:42:45 PM
Author: janinegirly
I think it''s a bit of both.

On an off topic, I want to hear more about these exotic trips New England Lady''s been on...

Ditto!!! Let''s hear them!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Haha, nothing terribly special--DH surprised me with a trip to Italy in June and I took him to Ireland last/this week, which was great. We''re just trying to squeeze in a couple more European trips next year.

inhisarms, you have tons of time to prepare--the four years will FLY by! My timeline was almost identical to yours--engaged at 25, married at 26 with plans to TTC before 30 (current plan is to go off of BC around 29th b-day next spring). The thing is, those years flew by so quickly that now 29 seems too close! Funny how you get married and get so comfy with the fun, newlywed lifestyle that a dramatic change seems daunting :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Okay, go and read the ''horrible pregnancy things'' thread and then the 0-12 months mommies thread...

If that doesn''t cure you, once you''ve finished with Sophia, you can come round and spend 12 hours solid entertaining Daisy for me!

I ADORE my daughter, but I''m also so glad that I waited until now to have her as it really is hard work. I never believed people who said that being a SAHM was far harder than going out to work - believe me it really is true!

Try and keep away from the TTC thread as that is a killer for making you broody.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
29 is young to me...but if you want several kids, not a bad time to start. Travelling alot first is a great idea--b/c it won''t be happening after! At least not the exotic far reaching locations or ones involving roughing it.

I''m excited for both of you, but not rushing is not a bad thing. For the record I married at 35 and preggo at 35 (had baby at 36) for obvious reasons. I would''ve liked to have had one more year as a newlywed (without child) but I didn''t want to test nature any longer. DH kept me an LIW for 3 years (plus one year of engagement) so timing of the baby was on my schedule!
emwink.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
That''s a good timeline you have set up. We got married at 21/22, preggo at 28/29, baby at 29 (I promised DH a baby by the time he was 30, Kyle was born 3 weeks before his 30th b-day!). We really enjoyed having several years to travel, set up house, and become a stable partnership before throwing a baby into the mix. 29 is still young enough to be a "young mom", but old enough to have lived a bit first.

And when you''re done with Sophia and Daisy, you can borrow my teething 7 month old in the evening when he screams for an hour
2.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Haha ladies! It is SO nice of you to let me borrow your babies!
2.gif

You''d think that with 5 nephews and a niece, I would want nothing to do with babies for quite a while. Actually, if anything, it''s made me NOT want girls b/c my one niece, she''s worse than all 5 boys put together. No joke. But boys, oh man, I would love a little boy!

I know you all are very right in telling me to wait... and I do plan to do so. It''s just getting that little voice in my head to shut the heck up, that is the problem!
38.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
cute thread. I have my sweet little boy (yes, sweet and boy can go in the same sentence-teehee) but my baby fever is hitting again big time. It hit the first time when i was engaged--like you. I do think the commitment step kicks it into high gear. Even though DH and I dated for 10 years before actually marrying, we knew we wanted to be married before we had kids, so i think prior to the engagement i just pushed babies out of my mind, with a kind of "one step at a time mentality''. After the engagement i was swooning over every baby and looking at pregnant woman everywhere So, what i am trying to say in too many words is, this might be it! A fever that won''t let up
3.gif
. Enjoy it, cuz it''s a fun time sitting around with your SO, chatting about what your kids will look like, what their names will be etc. etc...

Oh, and about travel. DH and i got our fair share in before the kid, fearing it would be years before we ventured out of the house again. Surprisingly that wasn''t the case. We took our son to Europe for 3 weeks when he was 6 moths old, and he travels on frequent shorter trips now. There is that time period from about 7 mos to 3 years old when your kid can''t sit still for long periods and can''t be reasoned with, but we plan to resume major travel again when that stage passes. And pass it will, time flies by faster than you can imagine once the kids come along. ...

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:24:16 PM
Author: fiery

haahahhahahaha !!! i LOL''d so hard..couldnt have said it better myself!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 9:11:03 PM
Author: Jas12
cute thread. I have my sweet little boy (yes, sweet and boy can go in the same sentence-teehee) but my baby fever is hitting again big time. It hit the first time when i was engaged--like you. I do think the commitment step kicks it into high gear. Even though DH and I dated for 10 years before actually marrying, we knew we wanted to be married before we had kids, so i think prior to the engagement i just pushed babies out of my mind, with a kind of 'one step at a time mentality'. After the engagement i was swooning over every baby and looking at pregnant woman everywhere So, what i am trying to say in too many words is, this might be it! A fever that won't let up
3.gif
. Enjoy it, cuz it's a fun time sitting around with your SO, chatting about what your kids will look like, what their names will be etc. etc...

Oh, and about travel. DH and i got our fair share in before the kid, fearing it would be years before we ventured out of the house again. Surprisingly that wasn't the case. We took our son to Europe for 3 weeks when he was 6 moths old, and he travels on frequent shorter trips now. There is that time period from about 7 mos to 3 years old when your kid can't sit still for long periods and can't be reasoned with, but we plan to resume major travel again when that stage passes. And pass it will, time flies by faster than you can imagine once the kids come along. ...

I have no doubt boy and sweet can go in the same sentence! I think boys are the SWEEETEST ever!
1.gif
FI and I will have been together 7 years this coming November. We've known for a very long time that we've wanted children but also knew we wanted to wait so we could enjoy it just being him and I for a couple years. We love that we can pick up and go at any moment without a care in the world. However, I think if I were to get pregnant now, I would not have any regrets and I would be very happy. But you know, I think we're playing it out as whatever happens, happens. We're not trying at all. We intend to wait but who knows what is in store for us. We'll leave it up to chance.
2.gif

I also have no doubt that we could most definitely travel with our children. I don't mean to imply that life is over at children b/c I know that is not the case. It's just not as easy to up and go when you have children, but definitely still do-able. But in all honesty, I'd give up travel if it meant I could be a mother. While all other kids were dreaming of being doctors, astronauts, etc, I was dreaming of being a mom... and I am very excited for that time in my life to (almost) be here!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you--I had a bit of baby fever shortly after we married, but a few months of marriage and all the fun that came with it cleared that right up! We''ve been enjoying ourselves so much that the baby fever has receded a bit for me. I do feel it every now and then, but it''s not strong enough for me to want to do anything about it.

I''ll be 29 next month, and DH is 39, so our family is definitely putting on the pressure for a baby, but we''re not the type to do things just because it''s the "right time" chronologically. We''re at a point where we feel we''ll know when the time is right, and when it is, we''ll go for it. Until then, we are perfectly happy doting on our four little furbabies.
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I never got baby fever, even while I was preggo! We made the decision like 99% with our heads to TTC. It was really after I had him that I fell totally in love!

Just enjoy the things you can do now that you won''t be able to do later. Travel. Eat leisurely meals at nice restaurants. Enjoy your hobbies and your friends. SLEEP. A LOT. Focus on your career and your marriage and whatever else is important to you. Enjoy quiet time alone or with your DH.

Then hopefully you will be an even better mom when the time is right!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It''s 5.30am. I LOVE my daughter... we''re playing with toys... I am so thrilled.... la la la....
14.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 12:39:12 AM
Author: Pandora II
It''s 5.30am. I LOVE my daughter... we''re playing with toys... I am so thrilled.... la la la....
14.gif

LMAO!!! Its 2am here. Let''s just say that I''m very grateful for my blackberry or I''d be staring at the little animals going in circles projected on DD''s ceiling
20.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, borrowed babies? Where do I sign up?
9.gif

Really though, when you do have babies on the brain, it''s hard to turn it off. We try to do all we can that will be more difficult once our baby comes... we like to take long walks, take weekend trips, go camping, go for a ride and just see where we end up, etc. Nothing *huge,* but enough to make fun memories while we wait for the babies to come along.

I think it''s a mind and body thing, really. I think once you get in the mindset of wanting to be a parent, it seeps in deep. I think that it''s also a matter of knowing the order of things: people fall in love, get married, have babies. I think it''s expected, and that also plays into our mind''s tricks on us.

Enjoy being engaged! I loved that span of time in our lives.... dreaming of what was yet to come (babies included)!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
lol

the 2am and 5:30am posts are cracking me up. I have a good sleeper and didn''t spend much time awake in the wee hours with him (other than for marathon feeding sessions right at the start) but i know that if i had a difficult kid, my fever for baby #2 would NOT be setting in
5.gif

In-his-arms--i never pictured myself with a boy b/c i only have a sister and really, i think i was sterotyping all little boys as loud, dirty, hyper wild-monkeys. My son is only 17 mos (lots of time to change into that wild monkey), but he is as sweet as they come. I think the universe taught me a lesson, and i would gladly have a couple of ''em
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had this feeling (craving) 3 times in my life. Every single time it didn''t go away and the craving just got worse. I have 3 kids...IMO I thought it was my body telling me what it wanted (or my mind...).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
now that both of my kids are in school, I''ve had it on and off for a few years. it''s driving me nuts because dh and I do not want to have any more kids and also, I don''t think we could afford to put a third child through college. plus sports and all that is so expensive. I want my two boys to have all the experiences and it''d be harder to do trips and all that, not only financially, but also by starting over and dealing with a fussy baby/toddler and not being able to see movies again forever. all of my friends have had their kid, so I''m moving on.

Now, I keep getting more pets and obsessing over them. I guess my husband knows what''s going on but isn''t saying much about it.

I think a person can catch baby fever when their friends become pregnant, but also think it''s a body-chemistry thing. You may be ready physically, but have to put it off for many other reasons.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve been avoiding this thread, but I hear you inhisarms17! Seriously. We''re planning on waiting for 4-5 more years, but dear God is the biological clock starting to tick.

It doesn''t help that our neighbors down the street have three adorable kids who we get to play with. Babysitting just makes it worse!
23.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I just turned thirty and I totally feel like I have baby fever. Especially since I found out two of my college friends recently had babies (I didn''t know that neither were pregnant). Of course I am going to wait until I am married.

I also know once you are pregnant you life is forever changed. You can no longer put yourself first and that will be a hard adjustment to make after having 30 years to get set in my ways.

I think it is a little of both, you are influenced by what you see around you, and many women do have a desire to reproduce (an important evolutionary trait). I think as other things in your life become important (wedding planning, deadlines, honeymoon), it will go down for awhile. Once the wedding stuff settles down and you guys get into a routine, you will decide when is best for you.

BTW, I feel like this is the biggest baby boom for my friends and they are all in the 29-30 range. They all have had great experiences, and exciting careers, and waiting a little longer allowed them to have some really cool experiences.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ladypirate--if babysitting makes it *worse* you have the fever BAD girl!!! hehe. You are ready!

I don''t particularily like spending long periods of time with kids other than my own
(hence why i teach adults now and was happy to leave my daycare worker days behind
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results