shape
carat
color
clarity

Babies don't need a Crib?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1326058370|3098079 said:
How did you train them to stay in the bed? When my little guy goes in our bed, he just tries to roll off or climb down.

I've never had to train DD either. When she was tiny I always lay down with her and fed her to sleep and then sneaked out. If she woke up, she would cry till we came in but didn't get out of bed.

Now that she's 2.5, we both get into the bed for stories and a cuddle, I dim the lights and she goes to sleep while I read until she's completely asleep. If she wakes up she will either cry or climb out of bed and come and find us. She would never get up and play.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1326462589|3102001 said:
How did you train them to stay in the bed? When my little guy goes in our bed, he just tries to roll off or climb down.

I've never had to train DD either. When she was tiny I always lay down with her and fed her to sleep and then sneaked out. If she woke up, she would cry till we came in but didn't get out of bed.

Now that she's 2.5, we both get into the bed for stories and a cuddle, I dim the lights and she goes to sleep while I read until she's completely asleep. If she wakes up she will either cry or climb out of bed and come and find us. She would never get up and play.

Pandora, I am reading a book called The Baby Bond and am finding it fascinating, esp the parts about co-sleeping. Can you recommend any other reading on attachment parenting? I never thought I'd be open to co-sleeping but the more I read, the more I understand it. Thanks!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Man, why won't my little guy do this?!?! I would love to have him sleep with us.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1326475033|3102149 said:

Pandora, I am reading a book called The Baby Bond and am finding it fascinating, esp the parts about co-sleeping. Can you recommend any other reading on attachment parenting? I never thought I'd be open to co-sleeping but the more I read, the more I understand it. Thanks!

The main books that I would recommend are:

'The Baby Book' - Dr Sears
'Three In A Bed' - Deborah Jackson
'Baby Led Weaning' - Gill Rapley

I also found books like 'The Continuum Concept' very interesting to read. The Deborah Jackson book is a must-read, it's truly fascinating.

The 'No Cry' series of books are also pretty AP.

A couple of useful websites are:

www.cosleeping.org - links to good sites and articles. Anything by James McKenna is definitely a must-read.

www.kellymom.com - superb for all things breast-feeding.

www.thebabywearer.com - brilliant advice on slings. I am a massive fan of the Mei Tai. Daisy is 2.5, but still only weighs 23lbs so I still put her in this on a regular basis. I've had a lot of major surgery on my spine and yet I can comfortably carry her for hours in this.

Hope that helps!

ETA: One thing that I will add is that co-sleeping is extremely dangerous if you are NOT breastfeeding, the two really need to go together. While you are breastfeeding, you will lie in a particular position (it just happens) which both protects the baby and allows it to feed easily, and the hormones associated with lactation will prevent you from entering the deepest phase of sleep.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora, thank you so much for taking the time to post all of those links and tips! I really appreciate it. The book I'm reading did go into some detail regarding co-sleeping and breastfeeding, but I'm glad you mentioned it here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results