shape
carat
color
clarity

Avoiding Tan Lines---Searching for strapless bathing suits

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Summer is here!

We''re planning all kinds of lake weekends, plus my wonderful wedding is at the beach! What I"m looking for is a cute bathing suit suggestion, I haven''t worn a strapless suit in forever, and it just doesn''t seem like I can find a cute one anywhere! As much as I sunblock up, I''m bound to get some sun this summer. Has anyone seen any cute suits out there with bandeau tops? J

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Try the swim collection at jcrew.com! They have TONS of cute bandeaus. I especially love this one - you can have the tiny straps on when you want and remove them if you want. http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod74919581&catId=cat103177

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tybee I totally understand where you are coming from!!!! Tan lines so stubborn and even thought I don''t think strapless swim tops are flattering on me (they flatten my boobs), tan lines bug me more. I should try jcrews!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
OOh,
that one is kind of cute. I hate what a big deal this has become for me! I''m so vain!
I love the JCrew suit that I have now, so it''s worth a try.

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
J.Crew has the padded bandeau top...I''m going to order that one (I''m a maid of honor in July, and the dress is strapless). Bandeau''s also tend to squish my boobs, but I think the padding might let it retain its shape more. Their bathing suits aren''t THAT padded, so it won''t be obscene. I just like the idea that my boobs will still look like boobs...
25.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, angela I bet the padding would help.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Angela,

That''s really funny--- I''m not a bandeau fan because I am so boy shaped--the bandeau tops make me
look so straight and flat. Maybe a padded top will assist with my lack of hoo-has.

I wish there was more variety out there, I can''t seem to find anything at all besides the JCrew ones.

Anyone find any other cute ones out there?

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
I''m anxious to hear this too...I haven''t found anything that''s remotely cute. I checked out Lands End (a friend told me to check it out) but it was a strapless tankini. I need stomach sun too, regardless of the cellulite I''m sporting!
15.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Whoa! For that price, and not that much "cute", I''ll stick to J.Crew...
I can get a whole suit for the price of that top...hehehe...
4.gif

***not cheap, but it''s a swim suit.
41.gif

---off to surf J. Crew....ahhhh

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Ok you''re all going to think I''m crazy, but Target has cheap swimsuits... they don''t have a lot of strapless ones, but I think I saw a couple styles... and for the price you can''t beat it. I think I got a bikini for about $20 total.

And as a long-time swimmer, I recommend simply switching swimsuits every day - wearing different cut/style suits so you don''t get tan lines - You will still get a nice tan, but it will be a lot more even and gradual looking. For ex., I switched back and forth from a halter top and regular shoulder strap one and it was fine. Of course, this is only ok it you''re not baking for 4 hrs straight per day... in that case you need the strapless for sure.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria''s Secret has some really cute bandeau bikinis this year - and surprisingly, some of them are priced really well.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tybee, if you can''t find a strapless suit you are comfortable with, would you consider doing a spray tan? Even if you have tan lines from a different style suit I bet a spray tan, along with a bit of skillfully applied cover-up makeup could "fill in" your tan lines. Just a thought...I was thinking of the makeup used to cover tattoos although I don''t know anything about it or who makes it.
33.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
It''s something to consider, Monarch,
I''m not too sure how comfortable I''d be with it, though.
I''m a little weird about being "natural"

It''s funny, yesterday I went to my second dress fitting---I''m so annoyed because my dress was basically a size
too big---there is so much taking in to be done on it, if only I had fought the woman at the shop and insisted that
I buy a size smaller--- but she assured me that bigger was better (after reading appletini''s post, I guess I should agree)
Anyhow, I''m straying from the point. The sweet seamstress was trying to save me money by offering to sew pads in the
bust instead of taking the bust in. I couldn''t even fathom it. Sewing fake boobs into my dress seemed utterly wrong to me, I love my flat bust!

Hmmm, well, that was way off topic! I guess the point is, I''m not sure spray tanning is for me. I think I might look into one of those cheaper target tops for the beginning of the summer--then the day the wedding is over, go back to the halter top bathing suits that I love so much!

I think I''ll run by JCrew tomorrow and try on this top too, I like that it doesn''t just go straight across, the little ring in the middle might separate the breasts a little better than the tube tops do.

74908_WV2919.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Tybee,

I bought a couple of strapless suits which I wore exclusively before my wedding in Jamaica. Worked like a charm!

Here''s one I bought at Newport News. It was pretty cheap & cute.

6s0873a_3.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet Brightspot!
Thanks! So glad to see you
back!!!!!! Your wedding looked like a dream!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tybee!

Yeah, my wedding does kind of feel like a dream now.
1.gif
I thought of you a lot while I was there. You''re going to have such a wonderful beach wedding! It''s so serene & peaceful to say your vows against the backdrop of ocean & the sound of the waves. You''ll look so beautiful in your Maggie on the beach!

Did you find any strapless suits yet?

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 11:23:46 AM
Author: Tybee
I hate what a big deal this has become for me! I''m so vain!
You are totally NOT vain! It looks ridiculous when a woman wears a fancy dress and she has tan lines! Huge pet peeve!

Another good trick if you can''t find a cute strapless is to get the kind of top that is shaped like an underwire bra and just move the straps off the centers of your shoulders. I do that all the time b/c they usually have some padding and extra support that will hold up your boobs. Especially if you''re just lying somewhere, you can probably move the straps as far as your biceps and the cups will still hold everything up.

Good luck!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
One of my best friends got one of those tan through bikinis... and it seems to work really well! The pattern isn''t very cute, but heck, no tan lines to worry about!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,

A tan through bikini? Sounds dangerous, doesn''t it? Tee hee!

Hey Brightspot, you are sweet to think of me! I surely will be thinking of you too, when my time comes, and tick-toc, it''s coming up soon!

I did find a strapless suit.
I got one from Victorias Secret (thanks Teebee.) I don''t love the strapless top, but I bought a halter top that matches the bottoms too,
so as soon as I don''t have to worry about tan lines, I''ll go for the halter top. I''m kind of "athletically" shaped, which means no boobs and a straight waist. The strapless top does NOTHING for my figure.

swimsuit.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the halter top, that I love so much better, it actually makes me look like I have breasts.
Soon as the dress comes off, I''ll pack away the bandeau top for the rest of the summer, ha ha!

V253502.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Tan lines in wedding photos is one of my pet peeves too!
14.gif

That''s a great suit, Tybee! I think the bandeau top is a worthwhile investment in your wedding photos.
1.gif
I switched to halter tops after the wedding as well.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Tybee: did you not like the jcrew top you posted a while back?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tybee, I love that VS suit you got! I have the same one in the aqua colors...I love the way it fits, too. That was certainly a great option for you to get both tops.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results