shape
carat
color
clarity

Average ring size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

Just curious does anyone know the averge ring size. I am a size 6 / 6.5 (my fingers swell in summer, so I prefer it a bit larger). Reading and admiring the ring posts
36.gif
, I see quite a few 4''s - do people wear their ring tight, or do I just have big fingers
28.gif

D2B

E B

Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring is a 6 (2.5mm) but it spins quite a bit, so I'm ordering a size 5.5 (3mm) wedding band.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are some awfully small fingers on PS!

I would bet that 6 is average--almost every time I went to jewelers to try on settings, their display settings always fit me, and I'm a 6. It makes sense that they would stock/display the most common size.

Although, shoe stores usually display sizes 5 or 6, and that is NOT average (7.5 is, don't remember where I heard that though). They just display smaller sizes because smaller shoes look cuter
2.gif
... so maybe my theory of 6 being average is wrong!

ETA: I did a google search for "average ring size" and all the results said 6 for women, 10 for men.
1.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
thanks,
I was starting to get a complex about my big hands. There seem to be a lot of small ring sizes on here :)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
The average ring size on PS is probably no where near the average ring size in north america.

I wear between a 7 - 8, depending on how wide the band is.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring size is 4.5 but it looks a little snug (at least on the ring sizer stores have). I''d rather go up a little to account for warmer months, etc., but I think going up to 5 might be a little too loose most of the year. I''m going to compromise and go with 4.75. It seems as though most rings I''ve tried on are at least a size 6 or so.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i feel as if i have the chubbiest hands here i wear a size nine...i have what my family calls the "cotan curse"
11.gif
everyone from my dads side had extremely chubby hands my dad wears a whomping size 13! and cousin she wears a 9.5!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I was a size 6 when I was 50 lbs. heavier

I gained a little bit back but now I''m a 4.75 and rings still spin a lot, but my knuckle won''t let me go smaller. My hands are always ice cold though, maybe that has something to do with it.

I''d say average is between 6 and a 7

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a 7.5. I got my dad''s fat fingers, but at least they''re long like my mother''s (she, however, wears a 5).

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
my ring size is 3.5, but i wear a size 4 that is quite loose b/c i take it off to go to the gym/sleep/wash dishes etc.

Emily07

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 2:21:38 AM
Author:D2B
Hi

Just curious does anyone know the averge ring size. I am a size 6 / 6.5 (my fingers swell in summer, so I prefer it a bit larger). Reading and admiring the ring posts
36.gif
, I see quite a few 4''s - do people wear their ring tight, or do I just have big fingers
28.gif

D2B
I know how you feel...I have a 6.5 size finger and after looking at all the eye candy on little fingers, I am a bit jealous. They can pull off a smaller diamond and make it look so much bigger. Does anyone think that depending on which hand you write with, that hand will have larger fingers?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m normally a 6 to 6.5 depending on the width of the band. My e-ring and wedding band are a 6.5 as they are pretty wide. I''d rather have them a little loose than too tight!

Seems like a lot of the B&Ms now stock size 7''s (at least where I''m from).

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have a 5.25. Its loose in the winter but if I went any smaller I could not wear it in the winter. luckly my knuckles keep it from falling off.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what the average size is, but, my ring is a 4 and it is a bit loose. Ring sizes are like people...We are all different sizes.
28.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m a 4.5. Mom likes to say I have baby hands, but there ar people over here that have even smaller hands!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring is a size 5.5, which becomes tight when my fingers swell in the summer. My w-ring is 5.75. However, when it is cold, my fingers "shrinks" to the point where the rings can fling off. (Unfortunately my knuckles are SMALLER than the base of my finger). I live in an area where it is cooler year round so I rather have it fit comfortably most of the time.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi

36.gif
28.gif

D2B
I think the average has to be at least a 6, but I think in much the same way thin girls flock to the bikini stores... little fingered women KNOW that a diamond will look bigger on them LOL I don''t think the cross section here is super typical... I think there is a greater proportion of pretty-handed people here and small as well.

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I have awfully thin fingers that I have a hard time finding a ring for.

I am custome making my e-ring to be a size 3.25 because I tried on a size 3.5 and it felt a little loose.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring is a 4.5 and it is a little loose.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is a size 3.5 ~ and it does spin a bit, especially when the weather is colder. I''ve managed to get a size 3 sizer on my finger before, but when my fingers swell it would not go over my knuckles. My knuckles actually dictate my ring size -- stupid larger knuckles!

But I know my ring size is definitely not the norm. I have seriously small, child-sized hands.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I wear a 5.5 but thats cause I have big knuckles. My rings flop around a little so I''m probably a 5.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a 4.5 during the summer months. I''ve read that some on PS have rings as small as 3.
23.gif
Now THAT is small. Is it true that a person with a smaller finger size is also usually small sized too? Just wondering...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 11:06:36 AM
Author: Emily07

Hi

36.gif
28.gif

D2B
I know how you feel...I have a 6.5 size finger and after looking at all the eye candy on little fingers, I am a bit jealous. They can pull off a smaller diamond and make it look so much bigger. Does anyone think that depending on which hand you write with, that hand will have larger fingers?
I totally think that your dominant hand will influence ring size. I am right handed and a size 6. I have noticed that my size 6 rings are loose on my left had, so I am going to guess I am a 5.75, will need to get sized to be sure.

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
My wedding ring is 10.25, and myt class ring is 10.75. I can tell immediately when I get them switched. I think I'm average for a guy.

have you tried having the inside of the band rounded so it is a light comfort fit? I had that done on my class ring becasue it cut into my finger during the summer.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is 3.25

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I think most people''s ring size are proprotionate to the rest of their body. My ring size is about average 5.5, my height is pretty average 5''7" and my weight is average for my height, and my shoe size is 7.5....right at average. I guess I''m just an average person.

I rarely see big gals with tiny ring sizes, or tiny gals with big hands.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My e-ring and w-ring are size 5.5, but I can fit a size 5. My e-ring was a 4.75 when I got married...prior to my 3 kids.

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 5:32:21 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
I think most people''s ring size are proprotionate to the rest of their body. My ring size is about average 5.5, my height is pretty average 5''7'' and my weight is average for my height, and my shoe size is 7.5....right at average. I guess I''m just an average person.

I rarely see big gals with tiny ring sizes, or tiny gals with big hands.
LOL I guess I''m not a average person then.
I am 5''7" with hands smaller than my 7th grade cousin, and my shoe size is 6, ring size is 3.25.
20.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a size 8 1/2 on my left hand
8.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say I felt like a freak until I discovered Pricescope. My fingers are 2.75, and every time I walked into a jewellery store to try on rings, I would be treated like a circus midget!

Lots of women on PS have smaller than average fingers, but I think the average size in Australia ranges from 5 to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results