shape
carat
color
clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree about the storyline - a tad predictable - but it lent itself to a wonderful cinema experience, and a good ending! Visually it was astounding. DH and I loved it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t have anything fancy like 3D here. We got them talkin pitcher boxes is all, so we''ll have to see it on a plain screen-but still..I wanted to see it but figured it could wait until it was on video even tho JD is salivating to see it..now I think it might be worth having mom watch the kids for a few hours so we can go!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
We saw it as well..in IMAX 3d the visuals were definitely amazing. I took some meds to prevent vertigo, lol, and I am glad I did. The story wasn''t the best ever, but it was decent.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I thought the movie was breathtaking and while the plot was a repeat, anytime they want to redo a plot again and do it as well as they did it is fine by me!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I loved this movie. we also saw it IMAX 3D.

I was so touched how "one" the aliens were with nature. those were the parts I liked best, where they connected their ponytails with animals or trees. the rest of the story I didn''t care much about.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Trillionaire. I thought it was a good movie. But the plot was not original at all. Still it was fun to watch. I didn''t see what the 3D added though, except for a headache from the glasses. I think seeing it on IMAX would be great, but our IMAX is still sold out completely.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mom's watching the kids so we can go Saturday.

ETA: Argh-we planned on going to the city to eat and then see it-but I looked it up and it's in 3D, and I don't think my head can handle that. We could stay in town and see it but then we're stuck eating at someplace lame. Sigh.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
BF and I went and saw it today at the IMAX theater and I LOVED it! Omg, the CGI/cinematography was killer - such a great experience (esp. in IMAX). Definitely worth paying the extra money to see it in IMAX. BF really enjoyed it as well - he''s not into sci-fi at all but he really appreciated the visual effects.

he had the same complaint about the storyline. Honestly, I was ok with it. Yes, predictable, definitely, but I go with the theory that that''s not necessarily bad in cases like this - I mean, the storyline they chose to go with is a GOOD one, as in it''s a tried and tested successful sci-fi storyline. Plus, James Cameron was drawing on a lot of classic sci-fi inspiration (which I definitely saw in elements of the movie - Star Wars, LOTR, etc.) and those tend to be fairly predictable as well. So, shrugs. Still a good plot - just not creatively brilliant
3.gif

Oh and I wasn''t bothered by any vertigo issues at all - and I was at the shows at the Museum of Science and Industry a few months back.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to it last Saturday-I made us see the 2D rather than 3D..JD likes 3D but, I think sometimes then I''m paying too much attention to all the 3D stuff and not to the movie. Anyway-we both LOVED it! What a cool movie! Yes, predictable, but still..if we could, we''d turn around and go see it again and I know we''ll be owning it when it''s out on video. The colors were amazing I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results