shape
carat
color
clarity

Australian Amethyst Reset by Daniel M

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited about this project! When I lost my father suddenly 18 years ago, I took myself off to Australia for a few weeks with my BFF for a bit of breathing space. Whilst wandering a trade fair in Sydney, I saw the most BEAUTIFUL Amethyst ever. It measures 9x7 and is a saturated deep purple, but flashed pinks in the bright Aussie sunshine. It made me feel happy & alive! The vendor popped it into a bulky silver setting with teeny CZ shoulders to make it instantly wearable, but i've always disliked how big, boxy & uncomfortable it is to wear, plus a smidge too small for my stone, meaning the double claws are bent too far out when looking from the side. It has languished for years, only coming out occasionally & then going away again.

I reached out to Daniel M after seeing other sleek settings he has made for larger stones. We talked about what I wanted, which was 18ct yellow gold, around 1.75mm shank so I can stack with my plain Lucida & as comfy as butter. I left the choice of head to him, as I needed his thoughts on yellow or white gold. Once he unset the stone, he emailed immediately to say it should be yellow due to the glorious pink & lilac flashes.

On Thursday last week the CADS arrived & we are now underway. It was perfect - no changes required. Here are Daniels CADS, plus the original silver setting. Cannot wait for this to be finished & returned to me here in the UK! Will update when it lands!

Attachments

• icm_fullxfull.223082830_sniart630sgwookko0kc.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.223082830_sniart630sgwookko0kc.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 97
  • icm_fullxfull.223082814_gqr2sflz5ao8skksks0s.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.223082814_gqr2sflz5ao8skksks0s.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 101
  • icm_fullxfull.227334433_9zij7d9pog00scokos8c.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.227334433_9zij7d9pog00scokos8c.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 101

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! Your amethyst and yellow gold will go beautifully together - can’t wait to ‘see’ this one finished!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know the original setting isn't bad for a quick set but that amethyst looks so much more regal in that warm gold setting. Gorgeous ring.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know the original setting isn't bad for a quick set but that amethyst looks so much more regal in that warm gold setting. Gorgeous ring.

It's interesting you should say that, as my first thought when I saw the CADS was wow, it looks regal! It will definitely lift it from being a bit costume jewellery & meh, to a statement RHR.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning colour! It will look amazing in the warm gold setting. Looking forward to see your pics

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning colour! It will look amazing in the warm gold setting. Looking forward to see your pics

Thank you for the compliment! I know you have a pretty exquisite coloured stone collection, so I appreciate that you like this happy little guy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. The yellow gold not only makes it look regal, but emphasizes the glorious deep, rich purple - and I'm sure makes the flashes look even more intense.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. The yellow gold not only makes it look regal, but emphasizes the glorious deep, rich purple - and I'm sure makes the flashes look even more intense.

I agree completely. To me, this stone has always needed to be in a very warm, buttery 18ct yellow gold. I have never been able to really justify what I call 'frivolous' spending on jewellery (despite my desire to own heaps of diamonds!) but I really wanted to get this amethyst back on my finger because it makes me feel happy. And as the setting is being kept relatively simple because the stone is so glorious, it was very much affordable as a little treat to myself :cool2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reset is perfectly sleek and devine! It will display your amethyst beautifully!! Looking forward to hand shots!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT'S FINISHED!!

And oh how stunning it is :kiss2: Currently waiting to get boarded & flown across the Atlantic. Will post pictures as soon as she lands, but I expect Daniel might have popped her on his Fbook page before she gets home.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked the original setting, but I suppose you’ll be able to use stacking bands with the new setting. Nice amethyst! At least you can enjoy it the way you want.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting <3
It looks delicious in its new buttery rich yellow gold skin and it truly gives off such a classic touch that lets the stone be the star.

Congratulations! I'm someone that ties rings to memories, occasions, or facets of my life (see what I did there?) so naturally I love what this ring symbolizes to you.

Very sweet!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new setting <3
It looks delicious in its new buttery rich yellow gold skin and it truly gives off such a classic touch that lets the stone be the star.

Congratulations! I'm someone that ties rings to memories, occasions, or facets of my life (see what I did there?) so naturally I love what this ring symbolizes to you.

Very sweet!

Thank you so much! It hasn't arrived with me yet & is still in the US, but hopefully it'll be on it's way soon!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! It hasn't arrived with me yet & is still in the US, but hopefully it'll be on it's way soon!

I peeked.
It’s gorgeous! Love the amethyst color +yellow gold :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? Gorgeous ❤ Royally stunning and fit for the princess you are @Alex T
Cannot wait to see hand pics!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? Gorgeous ❤ Royally stunning and fit for the princess you are @Alex T
Cannot wait to see hand pics!

Thank you, lovely @missy ! It's now showing as being with the courier in NY, so it's slowly making it's way closer to that cargo hold :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked the original setting, but I suppose you’ll be able to use stacking bands with the new setting. Nice amethyst! At least you can enjoy it the way you want.

Thank you! The original setting was pretty to look at, but there was this big, bulky silver box underneath the stone which was sharp & uncomfy to wear, plus it made it look like a tardis from the side. I tried having it made a smidge bigger to alleviate the pressing into the top of my finger, but then it just started spinning & spent all its life upside down :confused2:

Reactions: T L

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

After a long wait for Customs to process, my beautiful Amethyst has gone from looking washed out, boxed in & just.... meh, to this glorious piece of hot Sydney sunshine, cornflower blue skies & happy memories of my daddy.

I cannot thank Daniel M enough for this. He was right about everything & in particular keeping the head yellow. I cried when I opened the box. May I present my Australian Amethyst in classic 18ct yellow gold.

IMG_20191129_135815.jpg IMG_20191129_135638.jpg IMG_20191129_135603.jpg IMG_20191129_135827.jpg

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: Beautiful, it's as if there are colours swirling inside the stone. Very regal =)2.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the East/West presentation!
Gorgeous!:love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting - the stone - absolutely gorgeous.
What stunning colors!
:love: Beautiful

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an absolutely gorgeous ring. I love how elegant it looks--so, so pretty. No wonder you're thrilled! Congratulations on a beautiful remake.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sooooo pretty, even better that it’s an emotional piece for you. The elegant setting really makes your stone shine. I love the second picture (where your hand is on jeans) - the pinks, lilacs and purples it’s showing are captivating. Congrats and enjoy!

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ammy and sleek ring, love it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is a stunning reset!! Congrats!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: Beautiful, it's as if there are colours swirling inside the stone. Very regal =)2.

I love the East/West presentation!
Gorgeous!:love:

The setting - the stone - absolutely gorgeous.
What stunning colors!
:love: Beautiful

This is an absolutely gorgeous ring. I love how elegant it looks--so, so pretty. No wonder you're thrilled! Congratulations on a beautiful remake.

Sooooo pretty, even better that it’s an emotional piece for you. The elegant setting really makes your stone shine. I love the second picture (where your hand is on jeans) - the pinks, lilacs and purples it’s showing are captivating. Congrats and enjoy!

What a beautiful ammy and sleek ring, love it.

WOW that is a stunning reset!! Congrats!!!

Thank you SO much! Honestly, I cannot stop looking at it! It's late here now, I am showered & in PJ's, but still wearing it :cool2: Mr T has just come home & was desperate to see it after I had sent him some pictures & a very teary, emotional message this afternoon. And he was amazed at how different & lively it looks! It's the first time I have ever seen him look at a piece of jewellery, apart from my pear cut, and say wow, just wow. It will live on my RH, possibly alone, possibly with my skinny Lucida, for many many years.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty congrats!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results