shape
carat
color
clarity

Aussie BWW help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
I would just like to ask the aussie brides out there if it was optional or compulsory to have pre-marital counseling before you tie the knot? I''m not entirely sure, if it helps I''m in Queensland.
33.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on which church you are going through, afaik civil celebrants don''t require any particular pre-marital counselling sessions?

We married through an Anglican pastor, but as we live on the opposite side of the country to our home town, where we married, it was not necessary to go through the sessions.

We did meet with a pastor once (not the pastor who married us, but another guy that is in the town where we both lived through our engagement), but that was all.

I think the churches can be somewhat flexible about the counselling, as ultimately they are more interested in having you married, and happy, rather than making it difficult for you to ''get it together'' in the first place!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Not that I am aware of, out of the 4 couples I have known to get married recently only one did pre-marital counciling and they were catholic.

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
Pre-marital counseling is only for religious couples. Only 1 out of 15 couples that we know that have been married over the past 2 years had counseling, and that was because the groom had to join his wife''s religion before he married her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results