shape
carat
color
clarity

Augusta Jones Perla dress--any real life sightings?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
Has anyone seen Augusta Jones'' Perla in real life? The stores in my area (DC) that carry AJ don''t have Perla in stock. One store is willing to bring it in ...with a $200 nonrefundable deposit. So, you can understand that I would prefer to avoid doing this until I am sure that I want the dress or want to buy from the store. An extensive internet search has turned up very little: the pictures on the Augusta Jones website are mediocre and a oncewed.com listing is full of dark pictures. Help. My planner is urging me to get my dress post haste (wedding is in early October).

I am attaching some generic AJ shots of Perla.

aj-perla-1.jpg

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Here is another one:

aj-perla-3.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at salons in other nearby cities? A day trip might make spending money more worth it. I fell in love with an Augusta Jones dress (Chenoa) that I would have probably gotten had I not found a dress at the RotB. It had a similar bust line. I loved all their dresses I tried on, but I didn''t try on this one. The line really does simple elegance well. The only way I would recommend paying to bring it in, though, is to try on a deluge of dresses with a similar cut to make sure that was "the" cut and that you didn''t like any other thing as much.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Katamari-- I was hoping to find the dress locally, but it looks like we are going to do a day trip to PA to check out Perla. I would say that I will post pics after I get back, but the store has a no photo policy.
14.gif
Don''t stores know that everything starts to blur after the 3rd dress and that I need pictures to help remind me what I looked like in a dress?

VanDamEK

Rough_Rock
Hey! I''ve seen it in real life.....and bought it! I''m in the Northern Indiana area. I can assure you that the pictures on the Augusta Jones site do it NO justice! I have pictures of it from in the salon if you care to see them! It is a STUNNING dress.....

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Pictures! Pictures!
9.gif

I went up this weekend and saw the dress in real life. It is beautiful. I also fell in love with a AJ dress called France. Can I just say how much I love the serious internal corset in the dresses. That is no nonsense support.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results