shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Review - Custom Cut Elyque Oval

anonahm

Rough_Rock
If you are going to skip the rest of the review read this first. Jonathan at August Vintage is a true professional, custom cutting a diamond can take a while BUT it is SO SO worth it. He will do everything in his control to make you happy or satisfied. He delivers and his oval is outstanding! But, if you are going to request a custom cut stone please know this may take some time.

It is hard to put into words how this process has gone. I reached out to Jonathan back in January to request more information on his stone. I saw his videos and knew I had to have one. He quickly located 2 different pieces of rough within my budget range and I decided to go for it. Jonathan was very prompt about sending me updated information as soon as he could. Even sending me the first scans of the stone that he received from his cutter on a Saturday.

There were weeks of no updates. Weeks of waiting around in between the next steps in the process. Time spent dreaming, rewatching his videos on the ovals and waiting. I must confess, as a consumer waiting on one of the most exciting purchases of my life.. waiting was sometimes very hard. When the stone was finally at AGS and proposal planning seemed imminent waiting became even harder. I am telling this story to those considering this option. This is not like walking into a store and walking out with a ring.

BUT! It was SO worth it!

The ring came. Jonathan was so so good at following up with AGS and other members of his team to get the ring to me as soon as he could and it could not have arrived at a better time. I received the ring on 4/24/19 and proposed on 4/26/19. My fiancee was blown away by it. Quote when we were shopping: "Wow! It even looks good in Walmart!" Let tell you, if you go through this process you will be greeted at the end with one of the most beautiful diamonds you can get. Finally receiving this stone in the mail left me feeling relieved and so so excited. Not only do I have an unordinary oval to give my future wife. But also an unordinary story. The Elyque is worth the wait if you have to wait.

Below: Picture of my rough, a picture of the first initial scan of the stone, my AGS certification and a photo of the ring moments after proposing. August Vintage delivered.

w562afm-50 (2).JPG image002.jpg 59305817_411293642784640_5796114703038021632_n.jpg 58383397_2310109105708108_8594358227926253568_n.jpg

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
It's perfect! It's wonderful to hear of a custom cut story that ends in sparkle and happiness. Patience is the worst part of all of this, non? Congratulations and much happiness! I'm sure you'll have to vie for her attention, now that she's got that ring to stare at and contemplate:drool::love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Beautiful, thanks for sharing!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone!!!:love: Custom cut stones and sometimes custom jewelry can take extra time. But in the end, you have a very special and unique piece that she'll be proud to own and wear! Good for you to choose excellence over ease!:appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's a beautiful stone and ring!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond just glows!
Congratulations on your engagement! And please can we have more pictures?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and bright.:love: OVALicious! Congrats on your engagement and please share more photos.:appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone and ring! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! It looks gorgeous!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It’s stunning!! Jonathan is all class!! So glad you entrusted him with your beloved’s diamond selection!!
Blessings to you both for a lifetime of happiness!!!! :kiss2:

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
1F44331A-CBC8-4A72-97CA-245439E61894.jpeg 7ED40544-57D7-4FDB-A62F-B75EB9004A73.jpeg
Hi everyone, need opinions, I recently bought an AV Elyque, 1.51, it is gorgeous and it will be placed in Rose Gold with a Halo.
I want to know if A. Or B. Looks better?
A. Halo has 1.8mm diamonds on halo and shank. Sorry it’s blurry.
Or
B. Halo has 2mm diamonds and 1.8mm on shank.
Thank you

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you're new @Sunshine812 ...to follow our general Pricescope rules you need to start your own thread over
in the Rockytalk forum for help (you'll get more help there). This forum is for displaying rings after they are completed (in general).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1F44331A-CBC8-4A72-97CA-245439E61894.jpeg 7ED40544-57D7-4FDB-A62F-B75EB9004A73.jpeg
Hi everyone, need opinions, I recently bought an AV Elyque, 1.51, it is gorgeous and it will be placed in Rose Gold with a Halo.
I want to know if A. Or B. Looks better?
A. Halo has 1.8mm diamonds on halo and shank. Sorry it’s blurry.
Or
B. Halo has 2mm diamonds and 1.8mm on shank.
Thank you

You might be best to start a new thread with your question - it probably won't be seen much in here.

EDIT: too slow :lol:

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
I know you're new @Sunshine812 ...to follow our general Pricescope rules you need to start your own thread over
in the Rockytalk forum for help (you'll get more help there). This forum is for displaying rings after they are completed (in general).

Sorry, thanks for keeping me straight

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful diamond! Can we have more photos please? :appl:

Micina

Rough_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful Elyque Oval! Congratulations for your engagement and outstanding ring!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!! Happy engagement!!! So excited for you both to start this journey together and everything wonderful to come.

And so happy you had a great experience with Jonathan/DG!

Thank you also so much for acknowledging how hard it is to wait.

In the end, once it’s in your hand, it’s all worth it, and the waiting seems but a moment in time. But it’s super valuable from a consumer perspective that anything custom just simply takes time for many reasons not in your control.

So excited for you both to start this journey together and everything wonderful to come!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
What an exciting time and exciting process to have gone through having a diamond specially created for this moment for you and your fiancee! Unsurprisingly given the source, it’s just beautiful. Well chosen and worth the wait, for sure. Wishing you both health and happiness into the future!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results