shape
carat
color
clarity

Auberge du Soleil Wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone had their wedding or attended a wedding at Auberge du Soleil in Napa? Fi & I are going for a site visit in two weeks, but I suddenly came to a realization. If I remember correctly, the deck on which we''d have the ceremony is below the restaurant. Are there going to be diners staring at us while we get married? I''m not sure how I feel about that! Also, I''m wondering if the sounds of their clinking glasses, forks hitting their plates, etc. will interfere with the ceremony....

Can anyone help out? Thanks!

tessari

Shiny_Rock
My FI and I checked it out and while it''s very fancy, excellent service and the food is supposed to be amazing we crossed it off the list. We were also worried about the ceremony deck and you''re only allowed to have the ceremony at specific times during which the restaurant is closed. But during your cocktail hour people could be eating there. While the part directly above the deck will be closed during the ceremony, there is another bar deck for the hotel bar to the side and that one will be open and there is definitely a privacy issue with that. You can always do the ceremony at a difft location altogether but that does get expensive, esp if you are shuttling people. Another weird thing about Auberge is that the reception room has a wall in the middle of it--french doors in between but it feels like two linked rooms. So then there''s the issue of "relegating" people to the back room...supposedly when both rooms have round tables it looks more like one room. Still, Auberge is lovely and the terrace is soooo nice for cocktail hour. It also has all its own charm so you don''t need to add too many decorations. It was a tough decision but we''re focusing more on Carneros Inn now. I am curious to see what you think...keep us updated.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been to Auberge de Soleil personally so I can''t really answer your question but I did want to chime in and ask you what size wedding you are considering having and what other locations you are looking into.

Once upon a time FI and I were considering a DW in Napa. I did a lot of research and came up with a few options for our reception location. We were aiming for 40 or so guests for a seated dinner and the woman from Auberge told me that they were going to be opening a new small wedding room with its own deck for 2010 (maybe earlier but thats when we were looking). The fee was $500 for the site/$1500 food & bev minimum for Sun-Thurs evenings and then $750 site/$2000 food & bev minimum for Friday or Saturday evenings.

The other place we were thinking of was 25 Brix. They had dining rooms with private terraces as well. Not sure where they would do the ceremony on site though.

Looking forward to hearing what you think after your site visit! Even though we changed the location of our wedding (to Philly) we are still planning on honeymooning there.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your feedback ladies!

Tessari- I really appreciate your thoughts. I am beginning to panic about a venue. We live in Chicago & will only be in Napa for two full days, during which time we're supposed to be "on vacation," wine tasting AND scouting places for the wedding. I think right now we have all of our eggs in the Auberge basket but your concerns are our concerns. We are looking at an evening wedding which would begin at 6pm. Dinner hours at the restaurant begin at 5:30...so there may be some lurkers. Maybe I can get over it. I'm drawn to this place from the pictures I've seen of the view, the intimacy & the food. From what I know, Carneros is gorgeous but WAY out of our price range. I hope it works out for you!

Clairetek- What other places have you considered? I am having a difficult time finding places that won't break our bank, will be relatively easy to deal with (i.e. not a TON of rentals involved...I want it to be relatively easy since it will be long distance planning) and are unique & intimate. We aren't interested in country clubs or hotels (I know Auberge is but we feel it's pretty unique.) Oh, & we are probably thinking we'll have about 40-50 people. Can you tell me more about the smaller deck at Auberge? I've been talking to Casey but she hasn't mentioned it. I'll have to ask- those prices are WAY lower than we've been quoted so far ($3500 site fee for Friday night with $9500 food/bev minimum.)

Right now these are the places I have in my mind as possibilities:

1. Auberge
2. Viansa (but might be too pricey)
3. BR Cohn (I think this will be too many rentals)
4. Casa Real at Ruby Hill (really would like to see more photos of this one- love the look of the ceremony room, not the reception room)
5. Nestldown (probably too far out of the way & too pricey but I love the look)

We had thought about Harvest Inn but I have heard some so-so reports. I am really open to any more suggestions of places that we should check out. Everything is starting to look the same to me. I have scoured projectwedding & herecomestheguide! What we really want is an intimate, unique place- we know wineries are hard to come by, but somewhere that will allow for beautiful pictures. I am still really hoping Auberge will work out.

I've read in past posts from Emeraldfan & Appletini that they've checked out/attended weddings at Auberge. Does anyone one if they're still around? I'd love for them to chime in!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
We looked at Auberge when scouting venues. WE LOVED IT!!! The only reason we didn''t go with them is that we are having too many guests to fit in the space. Have you asked the on site coordinator about your concerns re noise and privacy?

What type of look are you going for? Maybe I can think of suggestions since we visited a ton of sites in the Napa area.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:52:46 PM
Author: Ms.Goggles
Clairetek- What other places have you considered? I am having a difficult time finding places that won''t break our bank, will be relatively easy to deal with (i.e. not a TON of rentals involved...I want it to be relatively easy since it will be long distance planning) and are unique & intimate. We aren''t interested in country clubs or hotels (I know Auberge is but we feel it''s pretty unique.) Oh, & we are probably thinking we''ll have about 40-50 people. Can you tell me more about the smaller deck at Auberge? I''ve been talking to Casey but she hasn''t mentioned it. I''ll have to ask- those prices are WAY lower than we''ve been quoted so far ($3500 site fee for Friday night with $9500 food/bev minimum.)
You know what? I just went back and re-read the email I got from her and this might be why she hasn''t mentioned this new room to you. The place is available on weekend dates for weddings where there ceremony takes place off-site and for parties of 40 or less. I''m sorry that I didn''t notice that before when I went back through my email to get you the information.

I had spoken with Casey as well so it looks like we were in touch with the same woman.

The only other place we seriously considered was 25 Brix. But again, we were going to have an off-site ceremony because FI''s family is Catholic and he really wants a church ceremony.

I''ll go back through my emails and see what other information I had gathered before we scrapped this idea and get back to you. Sorry for getting your hopes up about the lower pricing! I wish I had read more thoroughly.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure if Carneros is that much more expensive...the hilltop dining room i think has a $5000 site fee but the food is much cheaper and less fussy than Auberge. From what I understand Auberge won''t let you mess with their menu at all while Carneros allows you to have more of a role in the menu. The "town square" area is very expensive and way too big for your needs. I would email the Carneros Inn people bc that hilltop room is beautiful and will fit 40 people very nicely.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
DH and I were married at Auberge. The ceremony took place outside at sunset and yes the restaurant deck overlooks the outside veranda so we had extra "guests" at our wedding. We did not hear any of the noise from the upstairs restaurant or outside diners. We had a villa for the weekend (Lorraine One) and most of our guests stayed in the main hotel. It was beyond lovely. I highly recommend it.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Goldenstar- I haven''t asked the coordinator about privacy just yet. We spoke once on the phone & exchanged a few emails to set up an appt. to see the place. I am happy to hear that you liked the venue in person. I guess with being so far away, I''ve taken on a lot research & trying to hear the opinions of those who have either been there or looked there. I''d say 90% of the feedback I''ve gotten is really positive, but what we need is just to see the place for ourselves.

As far as what we''re looking for, I always *thought* I wanted a Chicago wedding with pictures in the big city. When we got engaged, though, it suddenly hit me that I didn''t want a big wedding or the skyline, though I do love it. What we''re going for is somewhere that has a warm, intimate, romantic feeling. Classy, natural beauty with just an extra touch of uniqueness. I want it to be simplistically "wow," if that makes any sense. I think the views from Auberge will provide that. We also want good food, which we hear Auberge can give us as well! I also would like a place that will have some great photo opportunities- I really like the more photojournalistic style & probably won''t ask for many posed pictures. I am hoping the venue we choose will have some places that will lend themselves to our photography. I haven''t seen many photos from Auberge that weren''t "posey" on the ceremony deck, so I''ll have to check that out.

Bottom line- I don''t want to plan a DW unless the venue is truly special. There are a few places in Chicago that we do like, but it will end up costing us more since a Chicago wedding will be larger. I''d love any suggestions based on the places you looked! Newbie124 also graciously sent me her spreadsheet which is awesome!

Clairetek- No worries! I completely appreciate your trying to help, even if the pricing didn''t work out for us! Do you remember hearing anything about their bar package options? It''s $68/person for 4 hour open bar & I just find that INSANE. I don''t know if I can justify that but I worry about consumption- we have some friends who like to party.
2.gif
I''m going to have ask Casey for options.

Thanks, tessari! I think I will email Carneros!

roppongi- Thank you for chiming in! It doesn''t sound like you were too bothered by the diners, which eases some of my fears. Alas, I don''t think we or our guest will be able to stay at Auberge but, boy, would I love that!
31.gif
Did you find that there were enough places for you & DH to take pictures after the ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results