shape
carat
color
clarity

ATTN: PET LOVERS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I came across these a while ago and thought of my PS friends with pets. The carrier is making me want a new kitty or small doggie! My fave is petal pink...I ordered my human daughter some luggage and bags in that pattern. Here''s the link http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=816:36
81241_lg.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miranda, that Vera Bradley stuff is super cute! I have a friend who just loves VB, and I think I will look into ordering her doggie a collar for Christmas! She''s used VB diaper bags in the past, and I bet she would love a collar for her dog from VB!

Another note: we just got a new puppy, and I would love to ''carry'' her around in a tote, but she will grow to be a little over 20 lbs and I''m guessing that that bag won''t support more than 15-20 lbs, if even that much.
7.gif
It sure is cute, though!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cute! Miss Maya is 70 plus pounds so no carriers for me, but I can live vicariously through others with little pets!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 12:13:47 AM
Author: monarch64
Miranda, that Vera Bradley stuff is super cute! I have a friend who just loves VB, and I think I will look into ordering her doggie a collar for Christmas! She''s used VB diaper bags in the past, and I bet she would love a collar for her dog from VB!

Another note: we just got a new puppy, and I would love to ''carry'' her around in a tote, but she will grow to be a little over 20 lbs and I''m guessing that that bag won''t support more than 15-20 lbs, if even that much.
7.gif
It sure is cute, though!
I used VB baby bags, too. I just love the fun patterns...And they''re pretty inexpensive!

Yep, I think your pup will be too big...The carrier only goes up to 15 lbs.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 1:03:47 AM
Author: diamondfan
So cute! Miss Maya is 70 plus pounds so no carriers for me, but I can live vicariously through others with little pets!
I know about the big dog thing...My Rook (Rhodesian Ridgeback) is 85 lbs. As much as he''d love to be carried in a carrier, I think he''s a little large. I think DH would freak if I got his manly dog a VB collar. I was thinking of getting a Ragdoll cat. Also too big (at 15 - 20 lbs.) for the carrier. Ah well, more bags for DD.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how cute!!! And now that you''re posting it, I''m kind of surprised VB hasn''t done pet carriers before... they seem right up her alley with the soft fabric and cute patterns! My kitty Maya is only 8 lbs, but I don''t know how well she''d do in that style of carrier where the window is so small... I wonder how much air would really circulate through there? Usually when she''s in her carrier it''s for an extended car ride or something, so I like her to have a little more space to stretch... and breath! But it would be absolutely adorable to carry around a little puppy-dog who didn''t mind the close quarters....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 11:15:35 AM
Author: Miranda

Date: 11/22/2006 1:03:47 AM
Author: diamondfan
I know about the big dog thing...My Rook (Rhodesian Ridgeback) is 85 lbs. As much as he''d love to be carried in a carrier, I think he''s a little large. I think DH would freak if I got his manly dog a VB collar. I was thinking of getting a Ragdoll cat. Also too big (at 15 - 20 lbs.) for the carrier. Ah well, more bags for DD.
Wow, we had a RR too, don''t hear about them often! Ours certainly wouldn''t have fit, he weighed 140.
23.gif
And he wasn''t fat, we joked he had Robert Wadlow disease. They make great pets, I didn''t even want a dog, but I loved him dearly, he was so good.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
A 140 lb. RR???!!! No way!!! That''s a big guy! Our guy looks a little more like a female with a more narrow head and a slighter build. They really are great pets. He is the most gentle tolerant dog I''ve ever had or seen. My friend calls him a non-dog, because he''s so mellow.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly. They are so laid back, and tolerant.

Funny story. As he was so big (a lot of people mistook him for a GreatDane), my youngest would try and ride him like a pony. One afternoon, I was laying in bed with my back to the bedroom door, when I hear his paws walk in and stop at the edge of the bed. I had heard another noise too, kinda like something being drug. I turned over to see Sam (the dog), with my 2 1/2 year old hanging onto his collar, the rest of his body between the dogs feet. He just looked at me like, Please, get him off me.
9.gif

We only had him 9 years, but at that size, we didn''t expect much more. Enjoy your guy!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 9:49:37 PM
Author: Ellen
Exactly. They are so laid back, and tolerant.

Funny story. As he was so big (a lot of people mistook him for a GreatDane), my youngest would try and ride him like a pony. One afternoon, I was laying in bed with my back to the bedroom door, when I hear his paws walk in and stop at the edge of the bed. I had heard another noise too, kinda like something being drug. I turned over to see Sam (the dog), with my 2 1/2 year old hanging onto his collar, the rest of his body between the dogs feet. He just looked at me like, Please, get him off me.
9.gif

We only had him 9 years, but at that size, we didn''t expect much more. Enjoy your guy!
Oh Ellen, thanks for sharing that story. I''m sorry your guy is gone. Rook is 7 and is really starting to slow down. We are thinking about getting a pup when DD starts school in 1 1/2 yrs. Maybe it will liven him up...His thyroid meds work ok, but, he''s still a bit slow.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Miranda, you promised me pictures long time ago. Ellen, come on!
RRs are special! They smile, they have a character and they are beautiful - where are my pictures????

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 11:02:05 PM
Author: Pricescope
RRs are special! They smile, they have a character and they are beautiful - where are my pictures????
You want Rook pics??? OK!!! Let me hunt some down...I''m sure I can find a few.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 11:02:05 PM
Here''s a few pics...Sorry for thread jacking my own thread!!!!
He loves my ring!

rook824.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
He also loves the bed...He''s not allowed in the new one, though. He''s pretty sad about that.

rook in bed 2.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

rook on bed.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw he''s sooo pretty! Such pretty eyes and Muah, everything else!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 10:45:36 PM
Oh Ellen, thanks for sharing that story. I''m sorry your guy is gone. Rook is 7 and is really starting to slow down. We are thinking about getting a pup when DD starts school in 1 1/2 yrs. Maybe it will liven him up...His thyroid meds work ok, but, he''s still a bit slow.
My pleasure, it''s fun to reminisce about him. You don''t run into too many people that even know what they are, much less have one! And your pics are priceless! Sam was very close to Rook in color, which is my favorite, as their color can vary down to a reddish hue.

Pricescope, I''d love to post some pics of my Sam. It will have to wait a couple days, but I promise I will!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both very much, Ellen you in advance :)
What a gorgeous dog Miranda! Does he smile? May i re-post those pictures into "No kitty cats allowed" not to threadjack?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MIranda--what a darling your pooch is! I wanted to kiss is nose!

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous guy! I love the look on his face! So cute. He does have a bit of Great Dane to him, in the head shape?

I love my dog, never had a Chessie before, but she is so awesome and we love her to bits.

I always had great dogs, mostly Heinz 57 types, but she is purebred and great. Sometimes mutts make the best pets, just really depends!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 9:54:02 AM
Thank you both very much, Ellen you in advance :)
What a gorgeous dog Miranda! Does he smile? May i re-post those pictures into ''No kitty cats allowed'' not to threadjack?
Thanks so much...We adore him. He''s our baby. Nope, he doesn''t smile. The pics don''t really indicate how "happy" he usually looks. DH thinks he looks miserable with the ring on his head. Feel free to post these wherever you would like. I have some pup pics I''ll post if I can scan them. I''ll do that in the dog thread.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 10:38:56 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

MIranda--what a darling your pooch is! I wanted to kiss is nose!

cheers--Sharon
Oh Sharon - He loooooves kissies!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to scan these, so please forgive the quality.

For anyone reading who hasn''t seen one of these dogs, this ridge is where they get their name. It''s like a giant cowlick. If you notice at the top, it swirls off to the left. If he was show quality, he would also have a swirl to the right.

These guys are very intelligent and easily trained. They''re used for guarding diamond mines.
10.gif

MySam3.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sweety.

MySam2.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buddies. BTW, this is the lil munchkin who was always trying to ride the poor dog.

MySam5.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought this was priceless, not posed.
5.gif

I don''t miss that carpet.
9.gif

MySam4.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one, the xmas dog.
9.gif

Thanks for letting me share him with you, he was such a good pooch.

MySam1.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen...You were right...What a big guy!!! I love the one where he is sleeping with your lottle boy...So sweet. Thanks for posting!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2006 10:45:24 AM
Oh Ellen...You were right...What a big guy!!! I love the one where he is sleeping with your lottle boy...So sweet. Thanks for posting!
lol He was huge, and let me tell ya, that tail was a lethal weapon, and a table clearer.
9.gif

The breeder didn''t believe he was that big, she said he had to be fat. We would have taken him to show her, but it was a real drive, so she never got to see him grown.

And you''re welcome, it was fun to look through all the pictures again. Of course, I couldn''t find the one I really wanted, which was one of my boys sitting on the couch, and Sam was literally sitting on his lap, albeit awkwardly. Silly thing "thought" he was a lap dog!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I am sorry you do not have him anymore. What a lovely dog. I happen to love big dogs and think they tend to have amazing gentle temperaments. It is sad to lose a beloved pet. He was special, I can tell. He had a soulful look on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results