shape
carat
color
clarity

ATTN LORELEI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 10:12:54 AM
Author: whitby_2773
lorelei - just a question...

i know you cant get them anymore, but are you familiar with the Rochas perfumes, Byzance and Byzantine? i always thought Byzantine was an amazing perfume, but it's out of production now, which is a huge shame. i dont wear orientals well, but always loved that perfume on other people. have you ever worn either one? what did you think of them?
I had Byzance years ago, it was a beautiful fragrance - actually I have seen it recently so I think that one is still available. I haven't tried Byzantine.

Yes , here you go - Byzance is available.

http://www.amazon.com/Byzance-Rochas-Women-Piece-Set/dp/B000CFVEGM

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 10:17:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 5/23/2009 10:12:54 AM

Author: whitby_2773

lorelei - just a question...

i know you cant get them anymore, but are you familiar with the Rochas perfumes, Byzance and Byzantine? i always thought Byzantine was an amazing perfume, but it''s out of production now, which is a huge shame. i dont wear orientals well, but always loved that perfume on other people. have you ever worn either one? what did you think of them?

I had Byzance years ago, it was a beautiful fragrance - actually I have seen it recently so I think that one is still available. I haven''t tried Byzantine.

Yes , here you go - Byzance is available.

i''m glad you''ve had Byzance - for some reason i just thought you''d enjoy it. it''s what i''d call a ''grown up perfume'' - complex and rich. byzantine, as i recall it, was lighter and more casual. but equally complex. sort of a ''thinking woman''s perfume''. it can still be found online, but since they dont make it anymore, it cant be fresh, so i wouldn''t purchase it now, as it''s obviously coming from an older stockpile, and who knows how they''re stored?

i might try some byzance again - thank you for the link. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Byzance-Rochas-Women-Piece-Set/dp/B000CFVEGM

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Goodness! I go away for a day and this thing takes off. I''m writing down ALL of these scents btw, so I can try them.

I went to Old St. Auggie today (the oldest city in the US) and did some wandering. I have a feel again for what I want to find for summer, light and breezy. I was a bit disappointed that my Light Blue faded halfway through the trip, possibly due to the rainy weather that I wasn''t out in? lol. Anyways, I''ll have to post pictures later that I took today, but I happened to wander into a store that carried ALL of the Roger and Gallet line!!!!!!! I''m rather kicking myself for not biting the bullet and grabbing one, but he wanted 42.00 a bottle, is that reasonable? The only EDP he was missing was their Gardenia scent they have out now, he only had it in soaps.
7.gif
and they smelled divine
7.gif
. No goodies btw
7.gif

He also had some other french lines I could not remember, and a sake set I might have to go back and get (it was blue and had dragonflies on the larger container and the little cups). Maybe I''ll save and go spend some money with him lol. He also had L''Occitane and another line that had florals that I can''t remember the name of......they were French I believe..... and had several perfumes, roll ons, and also soaps and candles? any ideas? The bottles had floral looking labels in different colors on them one of them was called Tabac Blond blah blah? Anyways and one other that only had two scents, one of which was called rose spice which I loved.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Whitby - it''s good to see you too. I''m not fully back. I wanted to talk perfume with Lorelei, but I''m being 100% honest in saying I haven''t read any other current thread.

oh and YES the tobacco always reduced swelling AND itching! amazingly. It stings at first, but afterwards feels great. I still use it if I get bit by ants or anything.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 6:04:57 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Goodness! I go away for a day and this thing takes off. I'm writing down ALL of these scents btw, so I can try them.

I went to Old St. Auggie today (the oldest city in the US) and did some wandering. I have a feel again for what I want to find for summer, light and breezy. I was a bit disappointed that my Light Blue faded halfway through the trip, possibly due to the rainy weather that I wasn't out in? lol. Anyways, I'll have to post pictures later that I took today, but I happened to wander into a store that carried ALL of the Roger and Gallet line!!!!!!! I'm rather kicking myself for not biting the bullet and grabbing one, but he wanted 42.00 a bottle, is that reasonable? The only EDP he was missing was their Gardenia scent they have out now, he only had it in soaps.
7.gif
and they smelled divine
7.gif
. No goodies btw
7.gif

He also had some other french lines I could not remember, and a sake set I might have to go back and get (it was blue and had dragonflies on the larger container and the little cups). Maybe I'll save and go spend some money with him lol. He also had L'Occitane and another line that had florals that I can't remember the name of......they were French I believe..... and had several perfumes, roll ons, and also soaps and candles? any ideas? The bottles had floral looking labels in different colors on them one of them was called Tabac Blond blah blah? Anyways and one other that only had two scents, one of which was called rose spice which I loved.
I am not sure of the pricing on R&G but I have seen this line in drug stores. L'Occitane have some good stuff.

Thats a shame the LB faded, when you apply it try in different places and lower on the body, that can increase longevity.

So no goodies till Tuesday....rats!!

Thats fascinating with the tobacco helping a sting! What else is supposed to work, is it meat tenderizer?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

I am starting to build a mild perfume obsession, mainly b/c my beloved dog who hated any type of fragrance has passed recently
7.gif

I have a few 1mL samples in my shopping basket at The Perfumed Court. My question is, is 1mL enough to get a feel for the fragrance? I like to wear one for a few days to a week to get used to it, do you think that will that be enough?

Thanks! I just love perfume chit-chat, thank you dragonfly for starting this thread!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 1:55:14 PM
Author: shimmer
Hi,

I am starting to build a mild perfume obsession, mainly b/c my beloved dog who hated any type of fragrance has passed recently
7.gif

I have a few 1mL samples in my shopping basket at The Perfumed Court. My question is, is 1mL enough to get a feel for the fragrance? I like to wear one for a few days to a week to get used to it, do you think that will that be enough?

Thanks! I just love perfume chit-chat, thank you dragonfly for starting this thread!
Hi Shimmer,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear doggie.
15.gif

What I would do with perfumes you are particularly interested in is to get a decant rather than a sample, this will give you enough that you can try a perfume out for a few days.

For those interested -

www.theperfumedcourt.com

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - Yes it is meat tenderizer, though I''ve never tried that. I''m in a very happy mood b/c my horsey and I just got done running across the field for a bit. and my tack room smells divine

Hi,

7.gif

Shimmer
I''m sorry about your doggy! I''m getting 1ml for the time being, and then any that I want to try further I''m going for the decant, (or in the case of those that are an obsession, just a full bottle as I can afford it.... like Alien and now the Versace... I probably won''t get Light Blue unless I find a good deal on Overstock or Ebay or somewhere b/c it doesn''t seem to be as long lived as I hoped
39.gif
)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 3:52:07 PM
Lorelei - Yes it is meat tenderizer, though I've never tried that. I'm in a very happy mood b/c my horsey and I just got done running across the field for a bit. and my tack room smells divine

Hi,

7.gif

Shimmer
I'm sorry about your doggy! I'm getting 1ml for the time being, and then any that I want to try further I'm going for the decant, (or in the case of those that are an obsession, just a full bottle as I can afford it.... like Alien and now the Versace... I probably won't get Light Blue unless I find a good deal on Overstock or Ebay or somewhere b/c it doesn't seem to be as long lived as I hoped
39.gif
)

Did you go for a fast gallop? Nothing beats it!

Oh goodness, how could I forget this perfume you NEED to try DF!

Habanita by Molinard. This was created in the 1920's originally to fragrance cigarettes. It is a powdery tobacco and one of my favourites.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tho glad I''m not the only thaddle thniffer . . .
emembarrassed.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 4:03:57 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Tho glad I'm not the only thaddle thniffer . . .
emembarrassed.gif
we now have 2 clubs - not only supa grannies but the pricescope saddle sniffers.
25.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 4:04:57 PM

emembarrassed.gif
we now have 2 clubs - not only supa grannies but the pricescope saddle sniffers.
25.gif
YAAAAY, I''M A THUPA GRANNY THADDLE THNIFFER!!!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 4:06:28 PM

Date: 5/24/2009 4:04:57 PM

emembarrassed.gif
25.gif
YAAAAY, I''M A THUPA GRANNY THADDLE THNIFFER!!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
LOL!!!
face20.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - it''s on the list! I tried the Diamonds Intense today and wasn''t impressed. Although the scent was pleasant, it didn''t last long at all. I have to admit, Roger and Gallet''s other scents there didnt'' impress me but I wish he''d had the gardenia in a bottle, I''d have snatched it up.

Yes, a fast gallop left and right lead just to make sure he''d still take the right (he''s been on break due to having dropped some serious weight at the beginning of the summer.). It was a blast.

Irish - Thaddles thmell divinee. My western ones are larger too... so MORE to thmell Heeeeeheeee

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
def just cried at Susan Boyle''s new performance. Needed to mention it. Sniffle
39.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 6:02:16 PM
Lorelei - it''s on the list! I tried the Diamonds Intense today and wasn''t impressed. Although the scent was pleasant, it didn''t last long at all. I have to admit, Roger and Gallet''s other scents there didnt'' impress me but I wish he''d had the gardenia in a bottle, I''d have snatched it up.

Yes, a fast gallop left and right lead just to make sure he''d still take the right (he''s been on break due to having dropped some serious weight at the beginning of the summer.). It was a blast.

Irish - Thaddles thmell divinee. My western ones are larger too... so MORE to thmell Heeeeeheeee
Glad he is doing well! My boy always had trouble with left lead, bless him.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So I decided for sure I want Alien and Versace. I think versace I can probably find cheaper, maybe overstock? SO seems to like Bvlgari Jasmin Noir as well, but he''ll have to buy me that one, and I''m just going to have to suck it up and save some and get Alien.

Still waiting for my goodies. This is pure torture

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 1:54:33 PM
So I decided for sure I want Alien and Versace. I think versace I can probably find cheaper, maybe overstock? SO seems to like Bvlgari Jasmin Noir as well, but he''ll have to buy me that one, and I''m just going to have to suck it up and save some and get Alien.

Still waiting for my goodies. This is pure torture
I am really looking forward to you getting them! It is so fun once you really start getting into perfumes, when you think Tabac Blond was originally created in 1919.....I am thinking of some others you can put on your list that you might enjoy. The trouble is with almost all of them that they have been reformulated over the years and are now only a shadow of what they used to be. I can remember when many perfumes were superb with a depth, richness and longevity which is rare now.

When you can try Shalimar by Guerlain - either the EDP or parfum. This one is vanilla based and is the original flapper perfume.

Chanel No 5 in parfum or EDP

VINTAGE Chanel No 19, this stuff used to be a beautiful green leather in the eau de toilette, used to be a firm favourite of mine.

24 Faubourg by Hermes EDP preferably. This stuff packs a wallop, jasmine and powder with a hint of leather.

Elixir de Merveilles also by Hermes, aquatic leather.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
STUPID STUPID PAYPAL. Apparently PAYPAL has been holding payment for the Perfumed Court so my Kelly Caleche and Isabey haven''t left yet because Paypal needed me to verify more info
39.gif
39.gif
Why don''t they tell you this when you register???? I sent a contact to the Perfume Court to see if I should send another method of payment since it''s going to take 3-5 DAYSSSSS to get my bank account verified. And no one will help me over the phone.
38.gif
39.gif

I figured it out when trying to order a bottle of discontinued bath and body gardenia EDP on ebay
39.gif
39.gif
and now I think I''ll have to cancel that as well
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

and I was so feeling good after my ride today

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
OKAY Got paypal verified. So the Bath and Body Gardenia should be on it''s way soon. I''m not seeing an option to re-try payment on the perfumed court so I sent a contact and gave them two emails so hope to hear from them ASAP for my Isabey and my Kelly Caleche.

And I''m keeping tabs to find out about goodies
27.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
ETA - just figured out perfume court HAPPY DANCE

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 12:55:21 PM
ETA - just figured out perfume court HAPPY DANCE
YAY!

So the TB should be here today??

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It SHOULD BE, we''ll find out when I get home from work

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TB IN DA HOUSE!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 6:02:16 PM

Yeth, they thertainly do thmell divine! I only have English thaddles . . . I''ll have to thmell my friend''s wethtern thaddle!
4.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 5:08:18 PM
TB IN DA HOUSE!
ROFL! OK, in this instance, "TB" means Tabac Blond . . . NOT Thoroughbred! You should have seen me sitting here scratching my head, wondering "HOW did she fit him in her house?!?! MY TB certainly won''t fit in MY house!"
9.gif

So, do ya love it?????
30.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
We only have an appendix (half quarter horse for those who don''t know) and I''m pretty sure he''d FLIP OUT if we tried to bring him in. He''d probably fit in the pool room though....
27.gif

I''ve only whiffed it in the bottle so far. My Versace sample is what I wore today and lasts FOREVER so will need a shower in the AM before I can put it on. But I DO smell the tobacco smell from the bottle.

and Wethtern thaddles thmell older

I have a hunt, a dressage, a barrel and a cutting saddle. My barrel is my fave by far, and fits my smaller arab *the old guy* quite well.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to change. I feel like a light silk scarf might be a requirement with this perfume. And a cup of espresso..... in Paris. SWOON

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 9:00:38 AM
I''m going to change. I feel like a light silk scarf might be a requirement with this perfume. And a cup of espresso..... in Paris. SWOON
I take it you like it then???
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results