shape
carat
color
clarity

At what point are we no longer newlyweds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
After reading through the "Was it worth it" thread, I noticed that monarch mentioned that she tends not to post here very often (although I wish she would as she is a very lovely lady indeed
1.gif
) because she does not feel she is a newlywed anymore. So that got me to wondering, because I really do not know...at what point are we no longer considered newlyweds? And in regards to that, do we then post in Family & Home? It doesn''t seem like there''s too many posts there about being married (just my causal observation)
1.gif
So...what do you think?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I felt like a newly wed until I was pregnant. It may have been stretching the definition, because we were married for about 5 years before TTC.

I like this thread, there are some sweet things here that bring back nice memories.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 11:49:06 AM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
I felt like a newly wed until I was pregnant. It may have been stretching the definition, because we were married for about 5 years before TTC.

I like this thread, there are some sweet things here that bring back nice memories.
I can see that. Good one :)

We just got married February 8th and I don''t really feel like a newlywed at all. Everything is the same as it was before! I like it though :) I guess we basically got married the day we bought our house together back in 07''. So really all that has changed is my last name and my hubby has to wear a ring :)

So maybe the whole newlywed title is different for each couple? Hmmm....

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I still feel like a newlywed but we have only been married 3 months! I secretly hope I never stop feeling like one, I love it
3.gif

eta: today is our 100th day of being married lol (I seriously don't keep track, I just have that countdown thing on my facebook profile from the wedding that keeps track haha)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 12:01:09 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
I still feel like a newlywed but we have only been married 3 months! I secretly hope I never stop feeling like one, I love it
3.gif

eta: today is our 100th day of being married lol (I seriously don''t keep track, I just have that countdown thing on my facebook profile from the wedding that keeps track haha)
HAHAHAH yeah right... you totally keep track!!!! LMAO jk I have that thing too. Today is 2 weeks or 14 days for us!!! Congrats on your 100th day of being married!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 12:14:39 PM
Author: dani2142
Date: 2/22/2010 12:01:09 PM

3.gif

eta: today is our 100th day of being married lol (I seriously don''t keep track, I just have that countdown thing on my facebook profile from the wedding that keeps track haha)

HAHAHAH yeah right... you totally keep track!!!! LMAO jk I have that thing too. Today is 2 weeks or 14 days for us!!! Congrats on your 100th day of being married!

You got me, I put a new thumb tack on the wall of my cubicle for each day we''ve been married lol jk

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still feel like we''re newlyweds.
We were married on July 4, 2008. We''ve been together since June 2004.

I have cousins who have been married for over 25 years and they still call themselves newlyweds. He calls her "my bride" all the time. It''s very cute.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the generally accepted 'rule' is 2 years. I can't remember where I read that though.

But I think it all depends on the couple and how they feel.
1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
My parents have been married 45 years and my dad still refers to her as his bride as well :)

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I got married February 8, 2009, so it''s been a little over a year for us. We still feel like newlyweds! I can''t even believe it''s been over a year already because I still feel the same as I did right after we got married
1.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I never thought that I''d feel like a newlywed since DH and I had been together for so long before getting married, but it''s been over two years since the wedding and I still feel like a newlywed! I think the main reason I feel like a newlywed is because we are still house hunting and will likely TTC later this year. We wanted to enjoy our time being married for a year or two before we thought about the next stuff, so in some ways I feel more like a newlywed now than I did 6 months after the wedding, haha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2010 11:33:52 AM
Author:Smurfyimproved
After reading through the ''Was it worth it'' thread, I noticed that monarch mentioned that she tends not to post here very often (although I wish she would as she is a very lovely lady indeed
1.gif
) because she does not feel she is a newlywed anymore. So that got me to wondering, because I really do not know...at what point are we no longer considered newlyweds? And in regards to that, do we then post in Family & Home? It doesn''t seem like there''s too many posts there about being married (just my causal observation)
1.gif
So...what do you think?
Hi Smurfy...thanks for the very nice compliment. I just wanted to point out that I don''t feel like a newlywed anymore because I''m divorced. I consider brides and grooms to have "newlywed" status for the first year they''re married.
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 11:49:06 AM
Author: Mrs Mitchell

I agree with this (not that I''ve had kids). I just don''t see our relationship or lives changing drastically until we have a little one, even though that may not be for 7 more years.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 2:32:44 PM
Author: monarch64

After reading through the ''Was it worth it'' thread, I noticed that monarch mentioned that she tends not to post here very often (although I wish she would as she is a very lovely lady indeed
1.gif
1.gif
So...what do you think?
Hi Smurfy...thanks for the very nice compliment. I just wanted to point out that I don''t feel like a newlywed anymore because I''m divorced. I consider brides and grooms to have ''newlywed'' status for the first year they''re married.
9.gif

Ohhhh! oops
blusher.gif
Well married or not, I think you are fantastic
thum12.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that the "Newlywed" feeling can still pass up the "First Child" arrival. However, we did start a bit quicker than most.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always considered it the first year of marriage.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We''re coming up on 3 years...and everyone still tells me I''m a newlywed if I say anything positive about DH.
40.gif

I agree with Mrs. Mitchell - for me, I think it will be when we decide to have kids (about 3 more years out for us - I will get to be a newlywed for awhile, haha).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2010 3:43:39 PM
Date: 2/22/2010 2:32:44 PM

Author: monarch64

1.gif
1.gif
So...what do you think?
Hi Smurfy...thanks for the very nice compliment. I just wanted to point out that I don''t feel like a newlywed anymore because I''m divorced. I consider brides and grooms to have ''newlywed'' status for the first year they''re married.
9.gif

Ohhhh! oops
blusher.gif
Well married or not, I think you are fantastic
thum12.gif

Well thanks Smurfy, that is really nice to hear. And I appreciate your invitation to hear more from me in the Newlywed sub-forum. I may be a newlywed again someday myself so I will keep that in mind!
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2010 6:08:47 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
I''ve always considered it the first year of marriage.

That is my (opinion) and technical description--one year after marriage. However, I like the sentiments expressed here that having a newlywed attitude never really has to end, or even that those first few years getting the hang of married life and enjoying it so much makes you a newlywed as well. Nice thread.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 8:32:00 PM
Author: Elmorton
We''re coming up on 3 years...and everyone still tells me I''m a newlywed if I say anything positive about DH.
40.gif

I agree with Mrs. Mitchell - for me, I think it will be when we decide to have kids (about 3 more years out for us - I will get to be a newlywed for awhile, haha).
I hate that! Granted, we haven''t been. Married that long, but anytime I say something nice about my dh, I feel like I''m being told, ''oh, it won''t always be like that.'' Ok, fine. Maybe things won''t always be perfect, but I don''t need to be given flack bc I''m a newlywed!

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
i have been married since 8/24/2008 and we still consider ourselves newlyweds. whenever we take vacations we even call them an extention of our honeymoon. i would have to also say you truly are newlyweds until you are pregnant and start a family.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when one of you say...not tonight
38.gif
"i have a headache"

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 2:26:00 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
38.gif
''i have a headache''
HAHAHAH that''s hilarious!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 7:45:56 AM
Author: dani2142

38.gif
''i have a headache''

HAHAHAH that''s hilarious!

ooooh touche lol

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
38.gif
''i have a headache''
Uhh, what if I said that before we were even married? Does that mean we were never newlyweds?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
as soon as the topic of ''eternity ring'' comes up.

9.gif

cause we all know - one gets an eternity ring when...it feels like it''s been an eteeeerrrrrrrnityyyyy.....

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Seeing how fast time flies, I''m going to say that the first 5 years = newlywed bliss!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always heard it was the first year of marriage and so that''s how I''ve always thought of it. I have four more months of newlywed bliss to go.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
38.gif
''i have a headache''

Mahahahaha!!!
9.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I don''t post in here as I probably technically am not a newlywed but I feel like I am. DH and I have been married 5 1/2 years
9.gif
I figure it is all in your attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results