shape
carat
color
clarity

AT&T Owes My Parents $11

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every month for the last 5 years, as executor of my parent's estate, I have gotten a bill from AT&T addressed to my parents saying that AT&T owes them $11. When I call the automated system it tells me there is $11 refund to be paid out.
When I call an actual human being at AT&T they say that there IS no account.

It doesn't matter. First of all, even if they sent me a check there is no way to cash it since the estates are closed, and second, it still gets me grinning to see mail for my folks in my mailbox : )

If you have an AT&T account and think you are paying too much, it's probably because they need funds to pay postage for monthly letters to all the long-deceased customers who don't have accounts.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm shocked it hasn't been sent to unclaimed funds.

My company keeps money for, like, a year at most before we send the money to unclaimed funds

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I had to chuckle at this. I sure ran in to a lot of stupid things dealing with my parent's estate as well.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1456887366|3998222 said:
Jimmianne, I had to chuckle at this. I sure ran in to a lot of stupid things dealing with my parent's estate as well.
Oh yes. When you say that I am reminded of just how complicated it was to step into the shoes of another person who actually knew what was going on with their lives.

Neil, I hope they are still sending this when my grandchildren are getting the mail : )

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, it's better than AT&T saying that your parents owe them $11...you know they would track you down and make someone pay up!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AT&T is horrible. Bill, who actually WORKED for AT&T at the time, realized that my grandmother had been paying $3 a month to "rent" the rotary dial phone in her basement for about 50 years. Literally. So she'd paid about $1,800 for this phone, which she didn't even "own" because it was being RENTED. Bill tried like hell to get this whole thing sorted out so they would stop charging my almost-90-year-old grandmother for an obsolete device, but they actually made us Take The Damn Thing To An AT&T Office to stop charging here. Really.

Jimmi, I feel for you on this!

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my state, unclaimed funds are only for $25 or more. They may be entitled to keep it legally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results