shape
carat
color
clarity

At home hair removal recommendations?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anybody tried any at-home permanent hair removal systems/devices? Do you have any recommendations?

I'm getting sick of shaving my legs and ready to try something more permanent. Waxing isn't an alternative because my hair still grows back really quickly. I think I'm patient enough for an at-home system as long as I don't have to zap each hair more than once or twice.

Has anybody used a system that they can recommend - or one that I should steer clear of?

Thanks!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I tried tria and not only does it hurt, it does not work! I had it for 80 days and returend it before the 90 day trial was over. I am the perfect skin type for the product, light skin with dark hair. Its a useless machine and took forever!

I then tried the silkn light from Costco. I thought it was working and then stopped for 2 months and it all grew back! So I returned that as well. I'm just glad I was not out the money and could get my money back (less shipping on the tria). Costco told me a LOT of the machines came back.

I just shave or if I'm feeling brave, I'll use an epilator.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I know many who have tried and no one has been successful with the at home products. Not as powerful as the professional I guess.

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
I guess it's pretty much the same as waxing, but I'm a big fan of epilators. I have an Emjoi Emagine and love it. I used to wax so it wasn't too hard to get used to it, and I have found that over time my hair is growing back more sparse. I would think that unless you're prepared to go as far as laser hair removal, waxing or epilating is the next best thing.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I'm a big fan of my epilator as well. I like that it gets the skin clean since it pulls from the root. Because my skin is so pale and my hair so dark, even after shaving you can see the root of the hair through the skin.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well drats.

On the other hand, I'm glad I asked.

Thank you all for sharing your experience (and sparing my wallet). I guess I'll stick with the razor...

unless someone else pops in with some good news, that is! :naughty: :mrgreen: Hope springs eternal, and all!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Do you live in an area where Groupon is pretty big? I think I get deals for 50%+ off professional hair lasering or electrolysis nearly every day. With those coupons, salon treatment starts to be (somewhat) affordable!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results