carat
color
clarity

ASTONIE-Thank You

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Astonie,

I want to thank you for posting the advise on getting your own medical records. You wouldn't believe how fortunate reading that was. I proceeded to gather them within two days of reading your post. My Dr."s office was supposed to forward them to a Dr. at the Mayo Clinic. I was only collecting them as you suggested, with no real purpose. Guess what, my Dr.s office didn't send them, and I got a call from the Mayo wondering where they were. The gal said,"We have been calling your Dr. and no-one calls us back." I told her I had all the cat scans, radiology reports and could pick up the lab reports with slides for her. I sent the package next day service, and called the first doctor who diagnosed me to get his and the surgeons report. That was faxed.

Now, who doesn't call back the Mayo clinic? This Drs office didn't even call me back when I wanted info.

The good news is that today I got a call from The Mayo Clinic saying they thought they could help me. Another DR is now involved and I will go out there the second week in Dec. They want to run a few more tests at the Mayo. So its looking good. Whether I survive is another thing. I hope so.

So, if Kenny happens to read this, this is synchronicity. I had everything ready for the DR. Now if the elevator door opens for me, I'll know I'm In the right place. :lol:

Thank You Astonie!

Annette

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Annette, you talking to me??? (A little Harvey Keitel there lol).

I appreciate knowing my boring banging on helped one of us.

I just wrapped up 9 years aaaaaat Mayo Clinic.

Will you be seen at Rochester, Arizona or Jacksonville?

If I can help in any way please let me know. I think there's a way we can communicate thru loop troupe so as not to publicize our email addies...

Yes, I saw many problems develop when people were not in possession of their imaging (this must include BOTH the radioligist's report AND the actual images ideally as a jpeg or on a disc), their pathology report AND slides or blocs, lab results with the specific ranges for values, and hospital discharge report, hospital admission report, and oprative reports.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry hope not inappropriate to say. So happy for you Annette. A response! AZ, keep on "banging in". You make a DIFFERENCE.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1447899209|3951553 said:
So, if Kenny happens to read this, this is synchronicity.
I had everything ready for the DR.
Now if the elevator door opens for me, I'll know I'm In the right place. :lol:

Can you prove that with evidence or it this just more feel-good made up stuff?

:lol:

;-)

What if the elevator door does not open?
You're in the wrong place?
Then what? ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette, I am so happy to hear that the Mayo Clinic is going to help you and I am sending continued good wishes and healing vibes your way. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kristie, you know I think you rock and you do make a difference as LLJsmom wrote. You go girl! You too Annette!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smitcomptom, I sincerely hope you continue to post on PS for years to come.

Azstonie, in which thread did you provide advice on obtaining medical records? I'd like to read it. My ob/gyn retired and his records went to a multi-doctor building with a ton of employees who never answer the phone, let alone call anyone back.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I will be seen at the Rochester hospital. I'm just waiting for them to tighten the schedule before making plans to go.
I did take it upon myself to see an oncologist, who turned out to be so nice. I never had a Dr. tell me he would be there for me whether or not they were able to do the surgery. "I will be there for you". Isn't that nice to hear!

Its scary, but I have taken care of what needs to be taken care of. My son tells me to stop giving away my things. Now I have to think twice about that. If I survive, do I want that? lol

REally, Astonie, the thread actually did much good for me. Thank You again. Thank you all for your good wishes.

Annette

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear, Annette, that things have gone well and you're in good hands at Mayo Rochester.

My favorite oncologist at Mayo Arizona gives his personal cell phone number to his patients and does so wanting them to use it!!!

Monnie, I've banged on in numerous threads about keeping a binder of your medical record which includes the note from each office visit, hospital admission/discharge and operative notes, and all imaging, pathology and labs (see above for the specifics of what each of those includes). The imaging should be hard copy and jpeg (attachment in email). At the end of any encounter/appointment, inform the provider that you want a copy of the office note and lab/imaging/path before you leave, ideally, or mailed to you. That is how you build your personal copy of your medical record. Include in the binder your advanced directives, healthcare POAs, and allergies/intolerances.

You may need to show up in person to get your records from the person who took over that practice. Do it before they move those records to a storage unit or worse, throw them out.

General word to the wise: review your medical record regularly. Mistakes in records include the wrong patient, meds, allergies, surgeries, limbs, etc etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results