carat
color
clarity

Asscher pendant design help

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Am having a design block and need help.
I want a timeless and everyday wear pendant.

I am drawn to geometrical shapes.

I have an asscher that is
GIA G colour
5.98x5.64x3.99z

I have always like the vitruvian man by Leonardo da Vinci- the man in a circle and square. But not quite sure if it will be too small as a pendant
1E3F1750-F75E-43E3-8449-F951496085BC.jpeg 76D9E875-809B-4DFF-A87C-080404B6D7B3.jpeg

The classical pendant milgrain bezels are my favourite but once again not sure if is too small for my style. Then I thought of a black gold bezel which would me more distinctive for the pendant.

Then I saught inspiration from here and found one from CVB, but I think it would not work as an everyday pendant. A6DFDA28-8A5D-4459-B56A-2CAFFC7935C2.jpeg

These look great but not sure how practical and timeless it would be. It’s a very causal style. But I dig is so much.

The asscher would be in set in the triangle snd the square can be overlaid. 4F84AE7D-B958-447F-ABED-D0ED597FFAAF.jpeg F7D7E8DF-F86A-46DC-8F41-50DA3906B6FC.jpeg

I could have another ring! Lol. But I don’t cycle thru my rings enough.

I could have a cuff/ bangle but I am cuffed out at the moment.

Edit: Any other ideas…..

Ohh. Jsut saw this and want to have it as option.
The sapphire bezel!

Attachments

• 1EA1A9F9-F3C7-4D93-B6D4-0F67D75BC992.jpeg
    1EA1A9F9-F3C7-4D93-B6D4-0F67D75BC992.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always like the vitruvian man by Leonardo da Vinci- the man in a circle and square. But not quite sure if it will be too small as a pendant

Good choices. How does this fit with the Asscher, though...?

I think you can make a Vitruvian man any size you'd like! (See: Flavor Flav :cool2:. Oh, or Rick Ross. Two style icons for PS).

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@LilAlex i will check them out.

I was thinking the asscher to sit in the middle of square…. I think I attached a pic of what it could look like? Maybe it didn’t attach?

Also, added the sapphire halo idea.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex i will check them out.

Ooh -- don't actually! More of a "jk"

I would love an Asscher ring (not sure if that will ever be in the cards for me) but I worry how it would look on a pendant. I think a lot of the appeal would be rocking the stone back and forth and appreciating the contrast in different lights. I'm not sure it would be the same in a pendant. Especially for a guy. For a woman, you can have a lot of real estate to draw attention to a center stone (I'm thinking of some of those intricate Edwardian necklaces with a lot of "neck coverage" that will help preserve a center stone's desired orientation). But a coin-sized pendant on a guy's neck will tend to flop all over, no?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have nothing to contribute except to say I am looking forward to see the finished pendant.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the Triangle in Square design. I think its a very interesting look but would still let the Asscher be the star!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx for input.
@Rfisher I think I would solder it at one point to stop metal from clashing with asscher.

Been working on a few design drawings. LDV, is the favoured design.
Will continue to surf internet for ideas.

Last edited:

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Any updates on the design? I like where you’re going with it!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Been drawing designs snd then mocked up a few of them to give me a real life perspective.

Some snapshots for you, @Dr_Diesel

But not entirely sure if a necklace is where I want this asscher now.

08EF887B-34D1-490C-9A9D-09BE1BF81E76.jpeg F101C87C-4998-48AC-8E9F-5BDD24B32B36.jpeg

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be inclined to get the Asscher in a bezel to both beef up the presence and define the shape. Otherwise I think think it'll get lost in the various elements. I like the idea of setting it like that Sapphire ring but with black diamonds or onyx. Excited to see what you do!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx @monipod - yes agree on the bezel.

But now thinking a ring might be the better option, as I get to admire it more.

Like I need another ring! Lolol

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanx @monipod - yes agree on the bezel.

But now thinking a ring might be the better option, as I get to admire it more.

Like I need another ring! Lolol

On an asscher that size, the precision of the bezel can make or break the appearance...and as far as I am aware, nobody does bezels like CvB! Her bench is a 6th generation goldsmith. It's basically in his DNA and he's been doing it since he could walk. Might be worth chatting with her about the design. Have you two worked together before?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx @bludiva!!!

More options! I like options!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Dr_Diesel i haven’t worked with cvd. But will connect when I know what I want to do: ring or pendant.

Taking time.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I gravitate to the bottom design @bludiva

Going to mock it up over the weekend.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just for fun....

Greg Pendant.png
Greg Pendant - vertical.png Greg Pendant - vertical2.png

Last edited:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Dr_Diesel thanx so much for the renditions!!! These are really helpful to visualise/ contextualise what my design ideas would be like- so thank you.

I do like the 3rd one you did. However, I think my stone isn’t that big, and my stone may look too small in that setting. That is why I initially decided to have the setting of stone at the bottom of the pendant. A bezel can increase impact on size, but not sure if it will be enough?????

and not sure about the lines (cross and x) now that I see it in the renditions.

With my mock - ups, whilst I fell in love with the triangle and square design, practically, the square covers up the diamond. And the square has a tendency to flip around. So, now I know that design won’t work.

then I see a ring design that I love/ really like. Stone is 5.9mm tall, say 6mm. Then the metal above and below the stone is 1mm giving me a total of 8mm.

I have a snap shot of a few “mm”rings together totally 8mm on my dislocated finger as a guide.
E5E3DA7D-4804-4190-A57B-DFA7F4092FED.jpeg 3C193EFF-21B0-4390-BD07-8C9C356D8368.jpeg

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I can’t help with the design, I wish I could. But I’d like to show you something I have in progress. A very small diamond can have quite the presence. This one is 4.2mm. And the size of the pendant is 25mm, roughly the size of a quarter. 30313E41-EBCE-4368-80E8-E7FAB3D8CC48.jpeg

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@Dr_Diesel thanx so much for the renditions!!! These are really helpful to visualise/ contextualise what my design ideas would be like- so thank you.

I do like the 3rd one you did. However, I think my stone isn’t that big, and my stone may look too small in that setting. That is why I initially decided to have the setting of stone at the bottom of the pendant. A bezel can increase impact on size, but not sure if it will be enough?????

and not sure about the lines (cross and x) now that I see it in the renditions.

With my mock - ups, whilst I fell in love with the triangle and square design, practically, the square covers up the diamond. And the square has a tendency to flip around. So, now I know that design won’t work.

then I see a ring design that I love/ really like. Stone is 5.9mm tall, say 6mm. Then the metal above and below the stone is 1mm giving me a total of 8mm.

I have a snap shot of a few “mm”rings together totally 8mm on my dislocated finger as a guide.
E5E3DA7D-4804-4190-A57B-DFA7F4092FED.jpeg 3C193EFF-21B0-4390-BD07-8C9C356D8368.jpeg

Love the ring!!! My favorite setting idea so far!

If it's useful, I bought a cheap 8mm $10 stainless steel ring on Amazon and drilled into the band to make a cradle for a stone.

Not sure if you're up to doing all that, but I find it's a helpful tool for real-time visualization.

I hope for finger heals!
Empty Ring.png
Add stone here.png

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I can’t help with the design, I wish I could. But I’d like to show you something I have in progress. A very small diamond can have quite the presence. This one is 4.2mm. And the size of the pendant is 25mm, roughly the size of a quarter. 30313E41-EBCE-4368-80E8-E7FAB3D8CC48.jpeg

That's gorgeous!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
That's gorgeous!

Thank you, it’s not done yet. I really just wanted to show a very small diamond can have a nice impact with a good design. With this one I was going for something strong, androgynous.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
thanx peeps for the input for my asscher project in particular @bludiva and @Dr_Diesel who helped me with the amazing renditions they did for me.

after much thought, i have decided to go with the ring concept instead of the pendant idea. Watch this space for the result. :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanx peeps for the input for my asscher project in particular @bludiva and @Dr_Diesel who helped me with the amazing renditions they did for me.

after much thought, i have decided to go with the ring concept instead of the pendant idea. Watch this space for the result. :)

i can't blame you, i'd want to look at it too lol =D

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Wooohooo! Congrats!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Dr_Diesel can I enlist your help here, again.

I am wondering if you can photoshop a rose gold colour on the solitaire thst I have chosen as design for this asscher of mine? And add those lines on the top and bottom like your design?

the cad came back and I Just can’t do it like you. And I have lost the other views of the cads.
4E27B0FE-D416-4CC6-8CF9-CB52BDAB27DC.jpeg 9113B059-88E6-406A-A521-3824AE1352DF.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
anyone can help me with painting a rose gold on my CAD so i can see?
I have a leaning towards rose gold these past couple of years. I originally think white metal is the right metal, then thought maybe i can scratch that rose gold itch with this ring. :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4BC9A2CA-6C18-4735-BB97-8058EBEDDEC9.jpeg 076F4AC0-C5F2-48CF-9203-8D2BA005FD7A.jpeg
Does this maybe help?
I don’t feel ‘painting’ the color on a cad makes a good representation to choose from. Grabbing the gold color to duplicate to then paint with doesn’t really represent it well.
on top of rose gold (again, I feel) being so varying in look between different alloys on top of 14 vs 18.

I can try though- if you still wish?

if it were me- I’d ask to purchase a few grains of different rose gold k or alloys to choose from in person. Or small plain bands that could be returned.
I’ve seen rose gold in a certain color at stores that I would definitely not be happy with, if that’s what I had received on a few of my pieces. :D

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results