shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher: opinions please? with Pic and ASET

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Hello,
So I was able to get an ASET of the stone I was looking at. 1.8 I VS2 (through the loupe)

I was curious if I could get a few opinions on this particular stone. (i.e. where it falls in the quality category ) It is very pretty in person, but I am trying to figure out the cut quality and whether it is worth a more serious look. or if it is a "pass"

Many thanks for your help
D

aset_cu.png

asscher_cut_cu.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
darker under the table than what would be considered exceptional.

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Thanks Karl....

here is what I have from the GIA report

6.7x6.65x4.51mm, Excellent, Very Good, None

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a pass for me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy and Chrono...

Is there any situation where it's a buy? right price? or are there so many others that are better than this for the same/ potentially less..?

I have seen probably a dozen stones over the course of 5 weeks... and this one "seems" to be the best... but again, i'm such a newbie, that I may not have even known what i was looking at.

D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If all you see is a bunch of terrible stones and then someone shows you a mediocre one, of course it's going to seem "best".

That doesn't mean it is though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1455868014|3992833 said:
If all you see is a bunch of terrible stones and then someone shows you a mediocre one, of course it's going to seem "best". That doesn't mean it is though.

I agree; I've experienced this myself. Gypsy is steering you in the right direction with her recommendations above.

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
my budget is about 10-12k with setting (I'm assuming arund 2250 for a setting). I've been looking in the 1.8 range only because the math kind of worked out.

I'll check out the links you suggested...
I also emailed a few other shops to see if they had anything that seemed to fit...

Thank you
DC

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the setting the wearer wants?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your budget is too small for a 1.8 of decent quality. Good performance and cut cost more. That's why all you've seen are dogs. Your budget is in the 1.3-1.5 range.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that f/si and have been stalking it for weeks...this from a girl who has to have vs1 or higher.

dcdocfilms

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy,
I guess wishful thinking that I could find something in that price range that was a bit larger.

The wearer wants a High Basket tapered baguette setting.

I'm still looking... I actually ended up finding the exact same diamond being sold on another site for about 5% less... which makes sense.

Dc

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results