shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher help (attached sarin and images)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f4t3

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing this Asscher any opinions on whether I should take it or keep looking?

1.51 carat
G
VS2

SARIN_GIA14871254.gif

f4t3

Rough_Rock

DI40X_GIA14871254.jpg

f4t3

Rough_Rock
IS image

IS_GIA14871254.jpg

f4t3

Rough_Rock
last one

AST_GIA14871254an.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id like a bit more red in the ASET.
Its a drop style asscher some love them some dont.

If you love drop style asschers with smallish windmills it aint that bad.

I wouldnt buy it myself.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/15/2006 6:08:11 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
all 3 images show the table will be rather dark unless you view it from a fair waya away.
Interesting - from another thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-this-asscher-too-dark-attached-images.55320/ F4t3 made this comment referring to a second stone:

"Thanks all for the great input.
For reference here is the other stone from before:

I agree that this one definately looks better in static pictures however my girlfriend ended up liking the other one after seeing both in person.

Maybe its just personal taste but when seeing them both from up close and far away in multiple lighting conditions my girlfriend consistently liked the previous stone."

Which just goes to show that the pattern thing is very subjective and depends also on the viewing distance - I have always maintained that most people who set standards use too close a view distance - GIA 46 degree obstruction and AGS 40 and 30 degree.

I have made the newer ideal-scopes from 24 up to 29 degrees - and that is about right I think - but here we have a lady choosing a stone that fails all those tests.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/15/2006 6:40:19 PM
Author: strmrdr
Id like a bit more red in the ASET.
Its a drop style asscher some love them some dont.

If you love drop style asschers with smallish windmills it aint that bad.

I wouldnt buy it myself.
I am with you on that one....

Corner brakes should be larger (wider), especially the steps nearest to the table...
I think the mains are to wide...

And again, i would prefer a smaller table and a higher crown depth!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I just replied on your other thread, but I can see where the interplay between the table facets and windmills is key. Even though the second stone appears brighter under the table, you can see where this stone has more contrast, so in person, the windmills stand out more.

Your experiences are really helpful to those of us trying to judge asschers from pictures. Keep us posted if you look at a 3rd!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results