shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking the parents?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyTop

Rough_Rock
How far ahead of time should you ask?
The last time I will see her parents in person is several weeks before I plan on asking my g/f.
I''m a little worried about them letting the secret out of the bag. Not intentionally, but they are very close and talk all the time.
If I didn''t ask far in advance, I''d probably just have to call.

Any suggestions or advice from experience?

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
If you can actually do it in person, I think it is always an appreciated gesture. Also, if you have the ring already (or are just waiting for it to be set/mailed to you), then a few weeks is no big deal! One of my friends'' husbands asked about six months in advance. Before he starting looking for rings. When his (now) wife found out (he told her), she was expecting it and it kept not coming. Needless to say, not a good situation.

When all the proposal plans are firmed up and the ring has arrived/is on the way, then it is time to ask. I also think having all this sorted out makes you look more responsible when you talk to your bride-to-be''s parents!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results