shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking the parents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
So I get along VERY well with my gf''s parents, but I am still a little bit nervous about asking them for her hand in marriage. How exactly did you all initiate the conversation?? I know it wouldn''t be hard to get a moment with them when I am up there, but once I have that moment I don''t really know how to approach them about it.

Thanks for your help!

Bass12

Rough_Rock
I’m in the exact same boat, her parents love me and I know I’m in, but it’s still nerve racking. He has never been asked the question that I will ask him! Personally, I’ll be visiting her hometown with her Father’s Day weekend. (Two weeks before the proposal). He gets up really early, so on Father’s Day I’m setting my alarm and getting up at the crack of dawn. He usually walks the dog every morning, so I’ll just ask him if he’d like my company for the walk. Then after small talk I’ll say, “I asked you to go on this walk for more than exercise and the dog’s enjoyment, being Father’s Day and all, I figured it would be a good opportunity to talk to you about your daughter.”
Those are my plans, hope that sparks an idea for you.

warehouse1990

Rough_Rock
i went through this not too long ago. i personally, gave her mother and father a call (divorced, so i would see them seperately) to set-up time to meet them.

So meet them both, i started off with something to the effect of, "i'm hearing to ask permission to ask your daughter to marry me." Each parent was a little different. But, they both just wanted there daughter to have a happy marriage.

if you want more details of what was asked, then i will share.

Craig

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It may be easier to say "I love your daughter & I would like to spend the rest of my life with her" May I have your blessing as I would like to ask your daughter to marry me."

Good luck. It's normal to be nervous. Even though my father knew it was going to happen, my then to be was a wreck.

Whiteknight55

Rough_Rock
It wasn't possible for me to meet with my fiancee's parents in person so I called both of them (divorced). It went something like, "Hi, Mr. B how are you yadda yadda usual niceties stuff. I'm actually calling about something very important. I am planning on asking A to marry me and it would really mean a lot to me, and I'm sure her as well, if you would give your blessing." It was nerve wracking but once they got to telling me how honored they were to have me and all that it got a lot better. Good luck!

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
From the parents prospective (my kids are grown) I would be very touched if a future son-in-law asked me for my daughters hand in marriage. Father's Day is coming up.... what better gift for any father??!!
9.gif

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
Ironically.... I intend to ask him over Father's Day weekend since I can do it in person then and won't know when the next time I will see her parents will be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results