shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking parent''s permission for marriage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cantinaman

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if it is custom to present a ring while asking for permission? I would like to do it, but I really don''t know how the tradition goes?..

aj55

Rough_Rock
i think traditionally you ask the parents and then surprise your FF with the ring. I personally think a proposal is a special time and it should be shared by the two of you.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm... I''m quite sure no one EXPECTS you to show a ring when you''re asking for permission, but I don''t know that her parents would be offended/surprised if you did. I would say probably don''t do it unless you have a specific reason unique to your situation why you think you should. They''ll get to see it on your fiancee''s finger and it''ll be more exciting for everyone.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Getting engaged is one of the most exciting events in a woman''s life. She''ll want to be the one to show off the ring to her family and friends and have them fawn over it...don''t ruin it for her.

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
yeah, i would agree with the rest of the crew....Don''t show it to them, if they have good faith in you and your ability to take care of their daughter, then the showing of the ring shouldn''t be important. They''ll see it later!

Shaneyboy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results