shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking Maid of Honor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Quick question. How do you ask your friend to be your Maid of Honor? Do you get them a gift? a card? How do you do it? I have no idea how it''s suppose to be done.

Time is of the essence, so please respond as quickly as possible. I appreciate any advice. Please list your way of asking your MOH if you can. Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took mine out to tea at Lisa''s Tea Treasures (there''s one in Campbell, one in Los Gatos, oh wait I think it''s at Santana now!)...the one in LG is where we''d go, it was an old fashioned house like a Victorian I think. We had tea and sandwiches and I asked her over our mini lunch. It was alot of fun, something different that you don''t do often, aka taking tea!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
the cards they have are cute!

My little sister already knows that she will be my maid of honor, but I still want to do something special to ask her. Over Thanksgiving she told me that she did not have enough pictures of us together, so I am planning to put together a photo album type of thing with my commentary. Then write a poem at the end asking her to be my MOH. And I am going to give her flowers too, so probably the little poem will incorporate something like "you look really cute holding those flowers, will you be my maid of honor?"

I think you can do anything you want that will be special to the two of you!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave my girlfriend a card over lunch - can''t remember where we were for the life of me - nothing as cute as having tea.
1.gif
I''ve been a MOH twice - once the girl sent me a card since we don''t live in the same area, the other time she just flat out asked me.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of the tea house Mara. That is so sweet.

And Icekid, the photo album with the poem is so thoughful!!

I am taking my FMOH and my FBMs out to dinner tomorrow night and then for some champagne at my house afterwards. I am planning to ask my friends to be my BMs during dinner. My FMOH is coming over to my house about an hour before we leave for dinner so I am planning to ask her then. I wanted to do something special for her before the other girls arrive.

She knows she will be my MOH and has been saving clippings and all other kinds of wedding stuff since August! She is such a sweetheart. I''ve been so caught up in my engagement bliss that I have not even thought about this yet. Now I am scrambling to get some ideas. I want to make this really special for her. I love her so much and knows she deserves it.

Okay, time to brainstorm away. Keep the ideas and experiences coming ladies!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my bridesmaids are out-of-towners. i was thinking of sending them flowers with a note asking them to be bridesmaids.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milly,
Since she is coming over an our before everyone else gets there how about buying a special card and writing your sentiments to her and at the end it asks her to be your MOH. Or if you have a special pic of the 2 of you you could give that to her in a special frame and write a little poem where you ask her to be your MOH??? Or buy a cute box, she opens it and inside is a card you can hand make asking her to be your MOH??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like K''s idea of a fave picture of you two that you can frame up in a cool frame, like one of those silver ones engraved with friends or something, and a card that asks her where you can write some sentiments, and then give it to her in a small linen box or similar tied with a ribbon. something girly and cute but modern?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, Milly, did I miss your big news?!?!?!? Going to check the LIW thread now. I'm so excited for you!!!! Sorry I don't have advice on asking MOH--I'm too anxious to read your story. I'll be back!

OK, I'm back and OVERJOYED for you as you'll see when you look on that thread!!

Now some advice. My sister is my MOH and she always knew she would be--I never even asked her!! But I really love the idea of a picture of the two of you and a note that is from the heart. You can't go wrong with that. So exciting!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 8:36:41 PM
Author: curlygirl
Oh my god, Milly, did I miss your big news?!?!?!? Going to check the LIW thread now. I''m so excited for you!!!! Sorry I don''t have advice on asking MOH--I''m too anxious to read your story. I''ll be back!

OK, I''m back and OVERJOYED for you as you''ll see when you look on that thread!!

Now some advice. My sister is my MOH and she always knew she would be--I never even asked her!! But I really love the idea of a picture of the two of you and a note that is from the heart. You can''t go wrong with that. So exciting!
Did I miss it too??? Are you officially engaged now, Milly? spill it!!
1.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I asked mine as we were walking to her car after she took me out to dinner to congratulate me on my engagment. I was hoping because it was really such an inpersonable way to ask it would prevent her from crying. Didn''t work...not only did she cry she made me cry.
4.gif

I was thinking of sending her her favorite flowers with a card that read ''will you please be my maid of honor''....

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I was making my bridesmaids'' bouquets one night and she was admiring them. I asked her if she would like a bigger one with more color and she said sure. I said, "but there''s a catch" and she asked what it was. I told her "a bigger bouquet comes with more responsibilities and a new title" and she just smiled really huge. Jumping up and down and hugging me she said she would be delighted to be my maid of honor. It was a cute moment.

I really wanted to do it on her birthday (the 20th) by taking her out for dinner and asking her then, but I didn''t get to see her for like three weeks and her birthday fell right in the middle of that time-frame.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I''m going to ask her tonight. I bought a really sweet card yesterday and wrote some more sweet stuff in there and at the end of the message, asked her to be my maid of honor.

I also purchased this really cute pastel pearl pink candle and placed it in a beautiful hurricane with pearl white flowers on it. I''m going to get a photo frame and place a picture of us in it. I''ll have it set up on my coffee table so when she arrives she''ll see the gifts and the card.

I hope she doesn''t cry, because if she does, it''ll get me going.
9.gif

I''m also going to have some champagne chilling in the fridge so we can celebrate right afterwards!
emotion-19.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that sounds really cute Milly!!! Sounds like you came up with the perfect way to do it! Have fun!
9.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I made a card for my maid of honor and gave it to her when she came to pick me up for day one of dress shopping!

Hope all went well! I havent been on in a few days and have to go search for your engagement pics/story! havent seen/heard yet. But YEAHHHHH for you!!!!!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
She said yes! She is officially my MOH now! Yay!
36.gif

She loved the photo frame and picture. I put our favorite pic in the frame. The frame was beautiful too. It was pewter color with small flowers engraved on it along with some sparkly crystals. So pretty!

I took my BMs out to dinner last night along with my MOH. I asked my BMs during dinner. We went back to my house for champagne after dinner. After the champagne, they wanted to take me out for more drinks, so we went. My BMs replied yes while we were about to take a shot.

It was such a wonderful night. I didn''t get to bed until 4:30am. I am so tired right now.
24.gif

Now the planning begins!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Milly. So glad you guys had fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results