shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking Her Parents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nddomer04

Rough_Rock
Ok, here''s the situation. All three of us (me and her parents) live in different states. Her parents are together on the weekend (her dad works in another state during the week because of work), but because of the nature of my job (new home sales), I have to work weekends. I know her parents very well, and I would love to have a talk in person with them. However, it isn''t realistic for me to get off on the weekends because I just took a weekend trip with her and her parents, and I am going to propose on a weekend sometime over the next few months. Do you all have any ideas as to how I should go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Would it be possible to meet them late on a Friday night? Would her father get home early enough that you could meet them and then still be able to get to work the next morning? It might be worth it for you, even if you have to drive back during the night and practically go straight to work, if it is the only way you could see both of them in person at the same time.

Other than that, maybe you can meet up with them separately. Meet her father one night after work, ask him and make him promise to keep it a secret. Then the next day, drive to see her mom and ask her.

How far away are you from them? Is it within driving distance, or do you usually fly?

Shay

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think there is anything wrong with asking their blessing over the phone. Especially considering the location difficulties.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Or do it in a letter expressing your intentions or hallmark card - that way they have something to keep forever, too

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results