shape
carat
color
clarity

asking her parents permission to marry her

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
I''m going to propose around new year''s eve...she''s at her friend''s house tonight, so I figured I''d give her parents a call and set up a conversation in person with her parents to ask them if i can marry their daughter. I''m going to bring the ring too to show them i''m serious. Any tips or does this sound fine?

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds good to me. No need to bring the ring though. Good luck!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like your pretty prepared. I think that bringing the ring is actually a great idea....Not so much to prove your seriousness, but more because knowing my mom she would be all giddy and would absolutely ask FF what the ring looked like and if she could see it. But that''s just my mom...your FF''s parents could be different.

FYI: One of our couple friends just recently got engaged, and when he asked her parents for permission he brought the ring just in case they asked...He wasn''t going to show them unless they mentioned it...Well they did and he''s glad he brought it. He said that it made them even more excited about the upcoming proposal.

Hope that helps! Good luck
9.gif

bb75

Rough_Rock
I think bringing the ring is a great idea. I did when I asked for permission and her parents were that much more excited about the upcoming proposal because I did. Good luck!

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
I''m gonna ask her parents tomorrow, I''ll bring the ring i''m sure her mom would love to see it. They''re pretty excited about the prospect of me marrying their daughter too.

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
I asked her parents last night and they''re very excited about the upcoming engagement! I mentioned that I already purchased the ring and her mom asked if I had it with me...of course I did, they were so excited to see it her dad even took a picture of it. I''m gonna ask her on dec 30 at a chic but romantic restaurant, that way it''s not a holiday and we have all NYE to enjoy our engagement.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! What an exciting time. Pretty soon, your GF will be all yours forever. How spectacular is that!
36.gif

And her parents' enthusiasm sounds so sweet! Yay!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Sounds great! Best of luck to you! Be sure to come back with handshots!

edl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on passing the parent test! I don''t know how you could wait a whole month to ask, I would go crazy...

Also, I wouldn''t trust my FI''s parents to keep it a secret, since they love to gossip.

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
so, i was going to wait until dec 30 but i couldn''t! too much stuff going on with my family anyway, my sister''s having a baby any day and i also wanted her to have the ring for the entire holiday season. I took her to a very romantic dinner; after dinner we were talking. She does this cute thing where she scratches her ring finger and I said I could do something about that. I pushed the table aside, got on my knee and asked her to marry me. She said YES!!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:49:37 AM
Author: QuantumKen
so, i was going to wait until dec 30 but i couldn''t! too much stuff going on with my family anyway, my sister''s having a baby any day and i also wanted her to have the ring for the entire holiday season. I took her to a very romantic dinner; after dinner we were talking. She does this cute thing where she scratches her ring finger and I said I could do something about that. I pushed the table aside, got on my knee and asked her to marry me. She said YES!!

That is adorable!!! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Send her over here with pictures of that baby!
30.gif
hand shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results