shape
carat
color
clarity

asking her dad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
what exactly do i ask?

for his permission to marry his daughter?
for his blessing?

this sounds stupid but i really don''t even know what to say. and i know he''d like me to cause he''s a more traditional guy

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
does your gf want you to ask? if so, i would simply ask for a blessing. permission makes it sound as if her father has power over her life, imo.

*M*

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
I think that askng for his blessing would be the way to go. As poptart said "permission'' seems too old fashion like he still makes all the decisions in her life. I do know some couples feel asking the parents is very outdated but I''ve always thought it was a sweet old fashioned touch.

My exFI spoke to my father and mother but he simply told them that he was planning on proposing to me over such & such a weekend and hoped he had their blessing. Of course both my parents were very excited and happy to know that we''d finally be engaged but then my exFI also knew how close I am with my family so he felt is was okay to talk to them.

Good luck!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
If her father is anything like my father he could never keep it a surprise!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d just ask for his blessing. I think that its a lovely thing to do before you propose to your gf

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results