shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking Her Dad!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Oafyoaferson

Rough_Rock
Ok, its not like I don''t get along with the guy. But I just can''t seem to figure out how to ask him. I want to marry this wonderful girl that I am with but I won''t ask her without first asking her Dad. Anyone Got any Solid Ideas? I need some major help to get rid of these jitters

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
"Mr. ____, I really love your daughter and can''t imagine spending the rest of my life without her. I want to ask her to marry me and hope that I would have your blessing."

If you''re lucky, he''ll say "Of course" and there won''t be an awkward pause before he says, "I didn''t hear you ask me a question!"

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
My fiance was really scared to talk to my dad, even though they know each other well and he knows my dad really likes him (my dad is very intimidating). He was fortunate because he asked my mom in person (she was visiting me) and then called my dad the next day. By that time, my mom had already given him the heads up.

Maybe you could work out a situation like that?

Date: 12/9/2004 7:26:47 PM
Author:Oafyoaferson
Ok, its not like I don''t get along with the guy. But I just can''t seem to figure out how to ask him. I want to marry this wonderful girl that I am with but I won''t ask her without first asking her Dad. Anyone Got any Solid Ideas? I need some major help to get rid of these jitters
I don''t know, but I guess that "I want to marry this wonderful girl" is a good place to start
9.gif

as for the jitters, try a good Scotch
9.gif
if that doesn''t get rid of them, try harder
9.gif

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
I don''t like the concept of asking.. It''s not like if he says no you aren''t going to do it anyways. If you must inform him first, then how about telling him that you plan to propose.. not asking. Mr somethingorother, I just wanted to let you know that I plan to propose to your daughter.

You can say you would appreciate his blessing.. but I wouldn''t give them the idea they have the authority to stop you. If they don''t like you, they might say no... Which leaves you in an awkward position.

Date: 12/11/2004 12:48:23 AM
Author: nicknomo
I don''t like the concept of asking.. It''s not like if he says no you aren''t going to do it anyways. If you must inform him first, then how about telling him that you plan to propose.. not asking. Mr somethingorother, I just wanted to let you know that I plan to propose to your daughter.

You can say you would appreciate his blessing.. but I wouldn''t give them the idea they have the authority to stop you. If they don''t like you, they might say no... Which leaves you in an awkward position.
I agree, don''t ask for his permission, but it is simple common courtesy to ask for his blessing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results