shape
carat
color
clarity

asking for blessing over the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oggg

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend lives with her parents in Los Angeles, and I live in San Diego. We both work long hours and weekends. I rarely get a chance to go up to LA. Can I ask her parents for their blessing over the phone? The parents like me and I''ve been over to their place several times.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d definitely carve out some time in my schedule (if I were you) to drive up for their blessing. If I were the parents, I''d be a little miffed that my future SIL who lives only like 1 1/2 hours away couldn''t drive up to ask me such an important question. Many guys fly cross country (or even internationally) in order to do this. In the end, it''s just a tradition and a social expectation, but it''s one that many people, especially parents, really appreciate.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though it might require juggling your schedule, the fact that you live so close by sort of dictates that you really should do this in person.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
see for me calling was a better option. Because My FF mom thinks no one is good enough so when I told her that me and my FF were talking about marriage and that I would liek to marry her daughter she said well... I understand then she said wait im getting ready to go through the mountains and my phone will break up let me call you back. Well she never called back and never confronted my FF about it. The dumb part is her mom and step dad and her real dad and the rest of her family and friends love me to peices.

I guess the mother in law stuff has already started...Geesh

oggg

Rough_Rock
gosh, I will do my best to drive up. Even if I have to drive up and drive back the same night. I definitely don''t want to lose them due to cell phone disconnect.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Ya, I agree that since you are only around 1 hr 1/2 away that it would make a much better impression that you made an extra effort to go ask in person. It would be different if it was across country, but you should be able to tweak your busy schedule to ask them for their blessing.

Good luck!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree-if there is any way to make some time and drive up to ask them it would leave a much better impression on them.

oggg

Rough_Rock
Crikey. I want to propose on the weekend starting July 22, leaving me only this coming July 15-16 weekend to visit her parents. The tricky part is that she lives with her parents, and when I visit her this weekend, I don''t know if I can get an excuse to hang out with her parents -- certainly won''t be able to say, have dinner with them, without her. I was hoping maybe I could get up arse early Saturday morning and hope she''s asleep but they''re awake. I dunno. It would be somewhat rushed and it would be like in my whispering voice... Maybe I could take a walk with them early in the morning while she sleeps... hmmm... if I fail to ask them while I''m staying at their place this weekend, I''d have no choice but to ask them over the phone... or postpone the proposal, which I really don''t want to do.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could surreptitiously slip a note under their bedroom door the night before you plan to ask permission and ask them to get up early to meet with you. Or to meet you in the kitchen at around midnight.....or something like that. If your girlfriend wakes up you could always pretend that nothing''s going on.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results