shape
carat
color
clarity

Ashley From SW Diamond Cutters is Cutting an OEC For Me and I Am So Excited

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashley has sourced a G/VS1 Lab Diamond for me and it should end up around 3.35 carats after the re-cut. I am so excited! He offered to source the diamond which is extremely nice of him, and I am so glad his expert eyes chose the best diamond for this project. I just paid the invoice. I hope to place it in a solitaire or bezel setting but haven't thought too much about the setting yet.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend and Holiday. I will be working so the project gives me something fun to think about while I'm there.. :)

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!! Looking forward to seeing the final product!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see! Is this a cut stone being tweaked, or is he starting with rough? It would be nice if he took some "before" photos. Do you know any of the stats of the stone in its current state?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to see results! Keep us posted!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait see this!! I assume he bought a RB to recut? Exciting!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see! Is this a cut stone being tweaked, or is he starting with rough? It would be nice if he took some "before" photos. Do you know any of the stats of the stone in its current state?

Thank you for sharing my excitement. :) Ashley is tweaking the stone. Before I decided on an OEC or transitional cut diamond and was considering a OMC cushion Ashley was sending me pics and stats of stones to consider. When I asked for an OEC instead I asked him to choose the stone and told him no need to send me pics or stats. He then told me he had found a great stone G/VS1 to cut that would end up around 3.36 carats and I say "yes please". Lol

I was thinking- I can shoot him an email asking for pictures of the before diamond for PS members who are reading this thread. Never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Oh awesome, He cut a MRB to a transitional for me and i am beyond obsessed with it! Cant wait to see pics!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh awesome, He cut a MRB to a transitional for me and i am beyond obsessed with it! Cant wait to see pics!

Yours is fantastic! I hope mine comes out as nice as yours. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisa Loves Shiny Ashely says my stone will completed tomorrow! will send photos :)

I am so excited for you just like other members of this forum are! Can you tell us more? What made you decide on a re-cut, was this a diamond you already had, how will you set it and all the other details? If I am asking too many questions I apologize. Just so excited about this.

NomadicChan

Rough_Rock
Hello there! :)

I am new to Price Scope. hello everyone!

Recut: I have always loved the old cut charm of an oec .... something just so magical about the chucky flashes. I've always wanted a large oec and buying a MRB with the purpose of getting it recut was always the goal. I've heard too many great things about southwest cutters and went for it.

Setting: It will be in a bezel. Still don't know what style yet. I do have 3.3mm lab French cuts from DK though. I've worked on 3 bezel styles and cannot make up my mind on which one I want. :)

NomadicChan

Rough_Rock
l have no idea what I want lol May take a while longer for a setting. Being an artist is hard. I am never ever satisfied. But the inspired era design will be Edwardian “something”.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
What fun! Do you have any inspiration photos that you have collected and can share regarding what direction you are going in for the setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results