shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET Images for Emerald Cut

piering2

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have been learning a lot from this site over the last few months, but I am still in over my head when it comes to ASET images. Is there anyone out there who has the expertise to weigh in on these?

Other details: 1.58 ct, emerald cut, G color, VS2 clarity, excellent polish, very good symmetry.

Separately, given the details above and the images included, how important is it to obtain a Sarin report?

Many thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

e1030b-aset_black__fancy_0.jpg

e1030-aset_black__fancy_0.jpg

_35143.jpg

_35144.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The images look pretty good considering it's an emerald cut. What is the table size? How about depth and diameter?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen better...but I've also seen many more worse.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look nice. A video is best to make the final decision to see how the steps move as the EC is turned slowly.

piering2

Rough_Rock
Thanks all!

diamondseeker2006: The GIA certificate lists 7.98 x 5.60 x 3.76 mm for the dimensions. I see a table percentage of 64% and a depth percentage of 67.1%. The GIA certificate also indicates it is medium-slightly thick. Does this affect your assessment in any way?

I am attaching two additional images, in case they might also help.

Thanks again, new friends!

e1030-officelight_black-03.jpg

e1030b-officelight_black-01.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A video tells much more than a static picture. It shows how the facets react to light that a static picture can never show.

piering2

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Chrono! That makes sense. I will see what I can do about taking/obtaining a video. Much appreciated.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
piering2|1446357874|3944424 said:
Hi all,

I have been learning a lot from this site over the last few months, but I am still in over my head when it comes to ASET images. Is there anyone out there who has the expertise to weigh in on these?

If you are interested in learning a bit more about ASET images to aid you in your search - these two articles can help:

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/aset-–-diamond-evaluation-tool

and

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/what-aset-reveals-ideal-scope-does-not

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results