shape
carat
color
clarity

ArtistJess''s Hair Test-Run

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
hey guys!

super excited! yesterday was my shower so i decided to do my hair test-run before. i think i like how it turned out, but i was all for wanting to wear it in a really classy updo. mother was the one who convinced me to wear it down.

i had people all night asking me if my hair was real. i''m not sure whether it was a good or a bad thing?? not that i have a problem with extensions (some are beautiful!) but i have certainly put up with the headaches to go along with my massive amount of hair
9.gif

i also really loved the whimsical hat the hostesses handmade for me. i felt like alice in wonderland :)
it was a lovely time!

DSC07939.JPG

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
right after leaving the hair place. still can''t figure out if i want to do an updo or not.

phpqG420eAM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
one last pic of the hat.. loved it!

phpVGjWjQAM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
i also really loved the shower decorations.. the ladies blew me away with their creativity! the whole room was decorated in blue, black, and white. there was a vintage couch in the middle where i opened my gifts. the table at the front had ribbons for the hostesses and little bird and black lace pins for the family/bridal party...

DSC07885.JPG

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
in the center of the room, one of the hostesses had created silhouettes of df and me.. and made little tiny cupcakes with silhouettes on toothpicks.

php97ul8HAM.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think people are asking if your hair is real because it looks stunning
30.gif
your hair trial looks magnificent :) so jealous of your hair :)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
in the middle of the table there was a tree with little cutout bluebirds. everyone took one and wrote their advice on it. we read them together tonight. we''ve decided to read them again on our first year anniversary, while we have champagne and eat our cake.

DSC08193.JPG

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
another of our "bird tree"
37.gif

DSC08308.JPG

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
they painted little blue birds and put them everywhere...

DSC07876.JPG

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
okay, i think that''s it! this started off being a hair thread and turned into a shower thread
9.gif

thanks for checking it out!

p.s. thanks for the kind words, dee :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. Your hair is AMAZING! LOVE IT! But do what you feel comfortable with.

And I LOVE THE SHOWER DECOR! AND IDEAS! GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. Your hair is AMAZING! LOVE IT! But do what you feel comfortable with.

And I LOVE THE SHOWER DECOR! AND IDEAS! GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
OMG, bluebirds!!! I love it.

And your hair is stunning. Love it down, but it would look adorable up, too. I don''t think you could go wrong!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I think your hair looks gorgeous down, but if you''re having any doubts it doesn''t hurt to have a second trial where they put it up.

Your shower looked fantastic! The decorations and cupcakes looked really pretty and I love the hat they gave you.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I love love your hair!

I think it looks beautiful, just do whatever you are comfortable with, if you are going to be outside or it may be hot, you may want to think about putting it up...

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
your hair looks beautiful! i love it down but if you''ve always imagined it up, it couldn''t hurt to test drive an updo and compare.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great shower decorations. I too am jealous of your hair. It looks great. I even like the little hat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ArtistJess,
You look so beautiful. I just love your hair. It is absolutely gorgeous and I think it would look amazing either up or down! Really hard decision. I agree that another trial with your hair up might help you make up your mind. No matter what you decide you will be a stunning bride!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love your hair! What will you be wearing on your wedding day? A little hat like that too? You are too cute!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
aww, thanks ladies! gosh, if i could find the blushing smiley face i''d be using it right now!
9.gif

thank you so much for your kind words! i think i will probably end up keeping it down. i guess i was just a little worried that being a shorter person (5''5") having such a long pretty dress and having the hair down, the whole thing might just look.. weighed down or something. i dunno.. i guess it''s kind of hard to describe what i mean, but i''m thinking i will get over it before the wedding.

oh, and nov.. the wedding is in a chapel on the college campus where my dad has taught for 32 years (and also where i went to school for 2 years before transferring). the reception is in the fine arts building next door. it is usually freezing in both, so i should have no problem with scary ''makeup melt'' or hair falling. it is also naturally curly if i don''t blowdry it, so i have no problems holding curl from the curling iron.

thanks again for all the sweet words and support!
37.gif

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Your hair looks stunning!!! And that shower looks like it was incredible. So much thought and attention was put into every detail!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
my mom''s friends put on the shower for me. they are AMAZING. one is an artist and has this.. vision. put her in a room for an hour and it looks incredible. i am really lucky to have their help decorating/designing the wedding too.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
oh, i forgot to mention that they also had fleur de lis accents and eiffel tower statues too. super cute :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Your hair looks SO gorgeous!!!!!! What an awesome shower, too!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
You are gorgeous!! I love your hair down!

I think people are asking if it''s extensions because they''re secretly hoping they can go somewhere and pay to have hair like that!
3.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
awww :) thanks guys. today has been
14.gif
. pricescope friends always know how to cheer me up!
37.gif

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to chime in here and say....

you have to do what you''re comfortable with, BUT

if I had hair like that I would ALWAYS wear it down!!
1.gif
You are so lucky, I am so jealous!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
thank you so much, jane. that is so kind!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
your hair looks so lovely and romantic!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Your hair is to die for gorgeous! I am 100% jealous! I don''t think any updo can surpass what you had done for your shower!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results