shape
carat
color
clarity

Arthritis of ring finger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Help. I have arthritis in y fingers. Since I got my new band, the weight of both bands has made my ring finger terribly painful.
I have notbeen able to wear my rings! Has any one had this problem and what do you do?

Jensia

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oh I am so sorry! I can''t say that I have ever heard this. Is it just that finger??? Maybe it is too much bling for one finger hehehe

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this Jensia! How about wearing the rings on different hands???

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2006 1:12:14 PM
Author:Jensia
Help. I have arthritis in y fingers. Since I got my new band, the weight of both bands has made my ring finger terribly painful.
I have notbeen able to wear my rings! Has any one had this problem and what do you do?

Jensia
oh my gosh! I thought I was the only one with this problem. I wore my wedding band with my ering for the first time after the wedding to work and after a day of typing, my ring finger was sore! No idea how to solve this problem. Maybe my finger will get stronger over time?

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
I suppose the muscle weakness I suffer does not help.Today was humid and ALL my fingers hurt. I have little knots in all the joints. If this persists, I may have to resize them and wear them on another finger,... ugg I hate that idea.

Jensia

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hang on here!!!! How big are these rings?

Can you post pictures.....I''m thinkin they must be HUGE!

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Its not the size but the weight of the gold. Both bands are heavy and thick.

Im taking them off for now to see if it heals, but I think my only opstions are either re size and wear them on a stronger finger,
or get a think band and give up my tension look. I never had this problem before . this started the day i added the new band.
It hurts so bad it feels like its broken . I do have rheumitoid arthritis in my fingers, and have weak muscles from CIDP.
I love my set so much I can believe this!!! Got that new band and it has to sit there, as it does not fit any other fingers.
7.gif
(

Jensia

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Do you have problems with arthritis otherwise? If so, you should see a doctor. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and two weeks ago my ring finger, left hand (and not any other fingers) swelled to a size 7, and I''m a size 6. This makes me super depressed, because I can''t wear my e-ring, and my mom, who hasn''t seen it yet, is coming into town next week, and she won''t be able to see it on my finger!! And even worse, my doctor is moving from the area so I had to find a new doctor, and have another two weeks to wait for the appointment. Luckily, I am sure I can get a steroid shot into the joint and get the inflammation down in a few weeks. Sorry to rant, but I have been really upset about this lately. Uggh.

But as for your problem, Jensia - it all depends on what kind of arthritis you have. My problem is with the inflammation causing me to go ring-less, but it seems like you only have pain. Maybe the muscles in your fingers haven''t had time to adjust yet, and the strain is causing pain. I know that when I had inflammation in most of my fingers for a few months, I never exercised the muscles because it was too painful. Then once my symptoms started to go away, I noticed the muscles were very week. I bought one of those squishy things to squeeze so I could build the muscles up again. You don''t think about the muscles in your fingers, but they''re very important!! And you may just need to strengthen them to support your rings! But if you are being treated for arthritis you should ask your doctor about it.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
My fingers always swell in the morning. I have sharp little knots in the fingers. All my finges h ave been very painful since the humidity started last week. the one with the rings is worse, since I have taken them off it, it is about as painful as the other ones. I guess I should get it checked out. My fingers are so stiff its hard to type.

Jensia

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
JFAdesigns.com for rings made specifically for these situations......

movie zombie

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Jensia - you have RA too?? seems like a flare up - I got one too, only in just one finger!!! The humidity and heat has made it worse. I''m not sure if I''m reacting to the weather, because I was just diagnosed a year ago and my first major flare lasted 9 months, and since my meds kicked in this is the first time I''ve had a flare. But lots of people complain about the weather causing flares with RA.

Do you have a rheumatologist? If you have RA, you should probably be on meds to prevent flares, depending on your case. But I had gotten lazy with my meds and skipped a few doses because my symptoms were ok, then now I have a swollen ring finger!! So being under a doctor''s care and following instructions are very important!! But I guess it''s expected to have flares now and then, I''m just really frustrated about being ringless (and I see you are too!) But the important thing is getting treated. If you haven''t had a check up in a while you should get one! Good luck, I hope you get some relief soon!

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I will look into one tommorow. I hate having my rings in the my box,lol I tried to wear just one today and it killed me.
RA runs in my family so I wouldnt be surprised.

I also have ehlers danlos syndrome that makes me prone to early arthritis as I lack collegen in my joints.

Of all places to get it though!! UGG ,not my fingers,... rings are my obsession!
7.gif
(

9 months, oh my I dont think I could take this that long. Im gonna try once of those muscle balls though, because I do have muscle weakness with the CIDP. Mabey once I get this pain under control first,lol

Thanks

Jensia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results