shape
carat
color
clarity

art and crafts/cute proposal ideas wanted.. M&Ms/Puzzle??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
I created a new thread about the proposal ideas to get better exposure to people that may know more about arts and crafts idea.. or better yet fun things like a puzzle proposal or the M&M''s that I vaguely recall from reading about in a thread.

anyone have ideas along these lines? ahhhh i didnt think itd be so hard to think of a proposal.. its so important because everyone will always ask how i did it..

mannnnnn

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
You can personalize M&Ms to read "Will you marry me" (no room for the question mark, apparently)--website is here: http://www.mymms.com/

I KNOW someone here was proposed to that way because I remember the pictures and it was so cute, but the search function isn''t working for me at the moment so I can''t pull it up for you.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
i just thought of a july 4th proposal... we can dinner at mortons or somewhere nice.. after after see some fireworks and i can do some of my own... i wanted to do fireworks that go in the sky and say "will you marry me"... or even "marry me?" is that even possible? anyone see anything liek that available?

if not then i''ll have to scrap that idea.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I know that you can make pictures with fireworks like smiley faces and hearts, but they can come out distorted. I am also unsure as to the difficulty of having the city that you are in make the firework for you and actually use it. And I do not know if consumers can have fireworks made for personal use (depending on where you live) The idea sounds really cool-I just don't know if the fireworks will work

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
If you do fireworks, she isn't going to have a keepsake from it, though (not to mention I think they'd be nearly impossible to pull off correctly since half the time they don't seem to work properly). It doesn't have to be super-complicated to be good--as I like to say, it isn't rocket surgery.
2.gif

Obviously I'm biased since I suggested it in the first place, but I still think if you made something for her like a picture frame with the two of you in it, she'd a) be touched that you got artsy & craftsy for her, and b) be able to look at that photo anytime and remember the proposal.
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
ETA: Here is a website that kind of talks you through decorating your own frame with different papers, if you are interested. Maybe inside the frame, you could write ''Will you marry me?'' Either that or have a photo of the two of you in it and have something on the back (maybe have a brass plate etched with "(her name), will you marry me?")--that''s the sort of thing I was thinking might be good, since she''s an artsy person.

http://emilygiovanni.com/?p=615

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 10:40:36 AM
Author: gwendolyn
ETA: Here is a website that kind of talks you through decorating your own frame with different papers, if you are interested. Maybe inside the frame, you could write ''Will you marry me?'' Either that or have a photo of the two of you in it and have something on the back (maybe have a brass plate etched with ''(her name), will you marry me?'')--that''s the sort of thing I was thinking might be good, since she''s an artsy person.

http://emilygiovanni.com/?p=615
that sounds like a good idea...

for her bday a few years ago before we were dating i gave her a keepsake.. that said "sharing is caring" with her bday on it too.. she said that to me a few times when we hung out as friends and thats why i added it on the keepsake item...

so nowww.. how can i change up those words a little on a new keepsake item that i want to get her for the proposal?

im thinking "i want to share with you forever.." and a few lines below have it say.. "will you marry me?"

then ill give her the ring which will be in a custom ring box that says in the inside "her name, my promise forever and always"

i may do all this at dinner tell her i have something for her and give her the item.. then do the proposal.. or if we are walking somewhere we can do it then before dinner...

i just need to think of that item.. a picture frame would be nice... ill need to get one and have it engraved..

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
ttt..

let me know what you all think about my last reply...

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 4:00:22 PM
Author: lovehersomuch
ttt..

let me know what you all think about my last reply...

can i please get some feedback on my latest update on my proposal plans?? if i get positive feedback i may get the picture frame this weekend and get it engraved.. just wannt to know what you all think!!1

Thanks!! =)

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Changing up those words a bit would be great! It would be a reminder of all the time you two have spent together so far and of all the time you''ll spend together for the rest of your lives. As for what to actually say, I''m not so sure. Nothing is coming to mind right now, but it sounds like a great idea.

My only word of advice to you is this: while we may have some good ideas and feedback for you, this is YOUR PROPOSAL!! Ultimately the decision is yours and if you really love the idea, then go for it! We don''t know your gf and what she will or won''t like, but you do. Its great to see you put so much thought into it (I happen to be planning my own proposal at the moment and like to think I''m putting a lot of thought into it too) but I''ve come to realize that the important thing to remember is to do something she will love, not what we like. Sorry if that was long winded, but it took me a while to come to that realization and I wanted to pass it on. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I''m sure she will love it!

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 11:45:52 AM
Author: dockman3
Changing up those words a bit would be great! It would be a reminder of all the time you two have spent together so far and of all the time you''ll spend together for the rest of your lives. As for what to actually say, I''m not so sure. Nothing is coming to mind right now, but it sounds like a great idea.

My only word of advice to you is this: while we may have some good ideas and feedback for you, this is YOUR PROPOSAL!! Ultimately the decision is yours and if you really love the idea, then go for it! We don''t know your gf and what she will or won''t like, but you do. Its great to see you put so much thought into it (I happen to be planning my own proposal at the moment and like to think I''m putting a lot of thought into it too) but I''ve come to realize that the important thing to remember is to do something she will love, not what we like. Sorry if that was long winded, but it took me a while to come to that realization and I wanted to pass it on. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I''m sure she will love it!
thanks. i appreciate the advice and agree with you!

good luck on your proposal as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results