shape
carat
color
clarity

Around the Clock Shower Gift Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have been invited to an "Around the Clock" bridal shower and wanted to see what ideas any future brides have for a 10:00 time?

I have no idea if it''s 10:00am or 10:00pm as the invite didn''t designate an AM or PM, just a clock face with the time drawn in. Soooooo any ideas for 10:00am or 10:00pm??

Thanks in advance for any help
35.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like the hostess is letting you decide whether you want to do 10am or 10pm.

For 10am, how about a brunch theme? For example...
Waffle maker (I was really excited to get a waffle maker
18.gif
and they''re not very expensive)
Muffin or scone mix, a bottle of champagne to make mimosas, a colorful spatula, and a bowl to put it in

For 10pm, something having to do with watching movies at home or late night snacks.
Netflix subscription
Caramel and chocolate popcorn
Chocolate body paint, LOL
...I''m sure others will be more creative but hopefully that gets you started on some ideas!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome suggestions, lovesparklies!

I love the brunch idea. You could buy a great cookbook with brunch ideas, and a coffee or tea server, too.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a thread about this a few weeks ago. Try searching for it...

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
lovesparklies: THANK YOU!!! What great ideas
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love both of them, just sooo creative!! I'm getting excited now about putting something fun together.

Haven: Thanks for the ideas!!
1.gif
If I go with a brunch theme I'll be sure to look for a cookbook. Love the coffee/tea server idea, too.

Hudson_Hawk: I tried to search and saw a couple of earlier threads about "Around the Clock" showers, but was hoping for specific ideas for the 10:00 times and didn't see anything...

Again, thank you soooo much for the help. It's been ages since I've gone to a bridal shower and now my girfriend's daughters are staring to get engaged...married...and I'm a bit rusty
1.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 5:11:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
... helpful....
33.gif

I''d pick the time to be in the evening and get them a basket of romantic, relaxing evening items. Maybe a nice bottle of wine (if they''re wine drinkers) and glasses, some candles, massage lotions/oils etc. If it''s a gift meant more for just her, I''d do some nice bath products and a comfy robe to lounge in.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:55:05 AM
Author: girlie-girl

Date: 3/31/2009 5:11:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
... helpful....
33.gif

I''d pick the time to be in the evening and get them a basket of romantic, relaxing evening items. Maybe a nice bottle of wine (if they''re wine drinkers) and glasses, some candles, massage lotions/oils etc. If it''s a gift meant more for just her, I''d do some nice bath products and a comfy robe to lounge in.
LOL I thought the same thing.

I puffy heart lovesparklies idea, especially the brunch idea. A waffle maker is such a great gift.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
girlie-girl - Thanks for the ideas! I''m still not sure if I should go with the AM/PM and your ideas are great.

fieryred33143 - I love the waffle-iron idea, too and they have one listed on a registry! I will figure it out in the next couple of days.

thanks again to all of you guys for the great ideas!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to update you guys with what I decided to go with. My girlfriend has the 7:00 time and she is going to do the waffle iron basket idea.

Soooo I decided on the 10:00pm time frame and went with "Milk & Cookies". The bride had chosen a cute cookie jar and that started the "Milk & Cookies" idea. I'm going to put together a basket with the Cookie Jar, a Cookie Recipe Cookbook, a Cookbook stand from her registry, and some fun tumblers I found at www.CB2.com. The last thing I was struggling with was how to represent the "Milk" and remembered I'd seen this cute milk carton vase in the CB2 catalog. I think she will enjoy this gift, or at least I hope so. Again, thanks to all of you for your ideas
35.gif

cartonvase.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s a really cute idea.

I''ve been to an around the clock shower before and it was fun seeing how creative some of the gifts were. You''ll have to let us know what some of the other ladies brought. Have fun!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results