shape
carat
color
clarity

Armistice Day 2014

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The New York Times" has a headline that I find a bit misleading about today. Although technically today is the Armistice Day that falls in the year 100 years after the beginning of World War I-i.e. the year 1914-it is NOT the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day!!!

World War I lasted a long and bloody 4 years and 3 months. So the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day, the Day World War I actually ended on, "The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" will not be until November 11, 2018.

Article...http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/12/world/europe/europe-armistice-day-world-war.html?_r=0

This photograph is of ceramic poppies that fill the moat around the Tower of London in a memorial celebrating the first Armistice Day after 100 years since the beginning of World War I.

I wish all our veterans a Happy Veterans Day. The holiday began with Armistice Day, but it belongs to all veterans now.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

poppiesinbritain2014.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I had been able to get into London to see the poppies at the Tower. By all accounts its very moving. They have sold each poppy for £25 and made in excess of £15 million to be shared between a group of service charities.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited the Tower and it seemed to be rather emotional for Catherine.

poppies-kate-willi_2997294k.jpg

kate-middleton-crying-main.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results