shape
carat
color
clarity

"Argh! I can''t decide. Baby, these are all the things I like, YOU choose!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Has it ever crossed anyone''s mind to just say to their boyfriend, "baby I am completely indecisive, here are pics (and comments and why and what I like about it and where to get it and explicit instructions for that particular ring, if required!) for all of the rings I love, YOU choose which one I get!"

I love so many rings, and every time I "make up my mind, for good this time", I see another beautiful ring in the SMTR folder or online or in a jewellery store, and my conviction wavers ...

It would certainly make it a surprise!

(I picked "Indecisive" as my screen name for a reason!!)

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with you!!! Thanks to Pricescope, I''m not even sure what kind of stone I want anymore!!!
emcrook.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate to that. Before we got engaged, I narrowed it down to two settings (the stone was an easy part) but then coudln't really decide between the two. I left it up to my fi, however, he feels that I was clearly leaning toward one of the rings, which was the one he got. Hmm, I guess maybe he was right.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like surprises so Id probably not give up control?

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
My best friend did exactly that. She and I went and tried on a number of rings. We narrowed it down to a Lucida style princess and an EC both set in platinum. She took her then-BF to see the rings and told him to choose. She got the Lucida style and ti''s beautiful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
After doing the months of research and agony involved in finding the stone and creating the ring etc etc...I asked Greg some time later...''If I had not been involved at all with the selection or purchase, what do you think you would have gotten me?''

His answer was ''oh probably something pretty close to what you have now''....

Which made me laugh because I KNOW that is sooo not true. Greg is not as detail oriented (read ''anal'') as me, we found the stone after a bunch of research and the setting took more research, more agonizing and finally a joint decision....SO I can pretty much guarantee that if he was left to his own devices, with the assistance of our jeweler which is all we/he knew at the time before PScope, I would have ended up with something like a solitaire A Jaffe setting (which my jeweler sells much of and I don''t really like...as the settings appear too heavy on my hand) with a 1c diamond, probably of something like a G VS color/clarity.

Which would have been nothing to scoff at of course but a far cry from our finished product now...it was just funny that he was sure it would be the same, aka a 1.25c stone with a eternity style prong set pave...
20.gif
, chosen all by his little lonesome!

Patty

Ideal_Rock

Which would have been nothing to scoff at of course but a far cry from our finished product now...it was just funny that he was sure it would be the same, aka a 1.25c stone with a eternity style prong set pave..., chosen all by his little lonesome!

LOL Mara. Let the poor boy dream, won''t ya?

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I have an e-ring-thought induced headache. (I''m sure that''s not how it''s meant to work.) My tastes are all over the place - I like a lot of things that are all very different ... some common themes, but not really! (I can even be persuaded, or often persuade others, that I don''t even want a diamond!!!)

So yeah the idea of saying I like all these things, you pick! If I love ''em all it shouldn''t matter which one out of them he picks.

And I kind of am feeling envious of the idea of a surprise proposal. We started talking about it a while ago, and it would be nice for there to be a surprise involved! So if the fact of the proposal isn''t the surprise, maybe which ring it is should be!

I don''t think I''m crazy ... I don''t think?
40.gif
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results