shape
carat
color
clarity

Are your ring/middle/index fingers the same size?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Before I got married I used to wear a silver ring on my left middle finger and decided to move it to my right hand once we tied the knot, I was shocked to find that it wouldn't go past the last joint on my right middle finger. It fits on my right index finger quite nicely yet my left index finger is too thick.

Anyone else who has different sized fingers on each respective hand? Or am I just weird? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No you're not weird. Re your fingers being different sizes I mean. I have no clue about other aspects of your life just to be clear. :lol:

My ring finger is a different size on my right hand vs left hand and same for my other fingers. I am guessing they are all a bit different though since I never formally measured any other fingers besides my ring fingers of each hand.
It's totally normal. I think the hand you use most has fingers that are a bit larger but I could be wrong. Just my deduction from my personal experience and anecdotal experience as well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My left ring finger and right ring finger are within an acceptable range in which to wear the same ring on either hands. The right is a little bigger,but not large enough to warrant a larger size.

Can't say as to my other digits, I've never measured the size of my right hand fingers.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My left hand ring finger is a full size smaller than the right hand. Left is a size 5 and right is a size 6. There is no way I can switch out my rings.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, my fingers are different sizes :nono: . There are days where I really want to stack some bling on my middle fingers to make a VERY CLEAR statement. :lol: :lol: :lol: Alas, my rings don't fit my middle finger... :(sad

Q

Queenie60

My right ring finger is a size 6 and my left ring finger is 4-3/4. More than one full size difference. Prior to having children (many years ago) - they were very close in size and I was able to switch rings.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My fingers are all different sizes. It does come in handy, though. The rings that are too tight in summer or too loose in winter get shuffled around to other fingers.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Slightly different sizes for me too. Left is the bigger side, I'm left handed so it makes sense to me :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm right handed, my right fingers are a bit bigger than my left. If it fits my right, it fits my left. It's about 1/2 size difference between hands. If it fits my left perfectly, I can't wear it on my right.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm left handed. My ring finger is pretty much even on both hands. Index and ring fingers are within .25 of each other, so if I squeeze hard enough and stay away from salt, I can make it work. Middle fingers are totally different. the left side is a 9, the right is a 10. go figure....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally wear a ring on my left hand ring finger, and a ring on my RH middle finger, and was shocked to find my LH middle finger can be as much as US size and a half bigger than my RH middle finger!

I had to return a ring for re-sizing as I did not measure my LH middle finger properly, DOH! I have bought a wide band metal ring sizer to prevent similar issue in the future.

I decided it is way better to be slightly too big than too small, as I cannot wear a ring that is too small, whereas I can find a way to wear a ring that is slightly too large.

DK :))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad I'm not alone here and there are so many replies where people have varying finger sizes, I thought it was another weird trait of mine :lol:

I would think it would have to do with varying muscle content in people's hands due to how dominant a hand is. But then again my left middle is bigger than my right middle and my right index is bigger than my left index. I'm left handed but ambidextrous so maybe that's why?

The only confirmed reasoning I have for any of my fingers being bigger than the others is a lump on my right pinky from when it got broken. So I omitted that one as it is bigger by deformity :lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fingers all different sizes...left hand is a whole size smaller than right hand

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
I am ambidextrous (currently write with my left hand, but wrote with my right hand as a child and have switched back and forth over the years). My left and right ring fingers are the same size.

Not only are my left and right middle fingers the same size as each other, but they are the same size as my left and right index fingers. So I can switch my rings from middle to index and from hand to hand. Funny thing is I'm a fidgeter, too, so as the day goes on, rings will end up in different configurations, especially if I'm wearing a bunch of stackers.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely aren't alone! My right hand ring finger is probably 3/4 size bigger than my left hand ring finger (I am right handed). But the larger size is all in my knuckle, so it makes wearing a right hand ring annoying for the spinning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results