shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you whitening your teeth?

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Or are you planning on any other new beauty regimens to get yourself tip top for photos? I know a little snobbish but I''m just curious. I have pretty white teeth but I think I''ll do some crest white strips the week before. I also started a new skin care line by Jan Marini, it''s amazing! I have really struggled w/ my skin and this stuff has been a miracle for me!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Jan Marini? Please spill, I need new skin!

As for teeth whitening, I did a little, but those damn strips make my teeth so sensitive! It''d be really embarassing to have to ask your photog to photoshop your teeth white though, LOL!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Sunny - http://www.janmarini.com/ This is her. I started using it after my esthetician recommended it. It''s pretty spendy but it lasts a long time so if you figure things like proactiv are $20 for a month it isn''t bad. I''m using the bioglycolic line. I think you can find some of her products on Amazon for not so expensive. I''m using the Bioglycolic Cleanser, Bioglycolic Bioclear face cream and the Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant (which smells awesome). I''ve tried, nutrogena, proactive, aveeno, clinique etc and nothing has made this big of a difference. I used to be horrified to look at myself in my visor mirror in my car because my skin in natural light is so icky. I had something in my eye the other day so I looked and I seriously couldn''t believe the difference.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most definitely - I''ve been doing it for a few months now
1.gif

I hate the strips - they slide all over (and always seem to slide right off), but I''ve had good luck with Rembrandt''s 2-hr whitening kits

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I whitened my teeth before hand. I think I used the Aquafresh whitening system. It worked really well! I also had my hair cut and colored a few weeks before and started drinking a ton of water a few weeks-month before so my skin would look good. I got a pedicure the day before and I did my own french manicure. Oh, and tanning. I tanned for a few weeks prior, but that was in part because we went on our honeymoon in Belize the next day.

See how white my pearlies were?? Sorry SIL, I fuzzed out your face!

HH and SIL.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m scared! Can I return this stuff? My skin sucks. It''s so sensitive yet oily that anything I put on it gives me a rash or breaks me out.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Electrolysis on my upper lip
16.gif
haha. Teeth whitening didn''t really work for me when I tried it several years ago. My teeth aren''t too bad, though. I''m trying to get my skin to behave...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing to remember is that sometimes lip color can have a big affect on how your teeth look. I think blue undertones make teeth look whiter whereas corals and yellow undertones can make teeth look a little yellow. Just something to keep in mind if you''re self conscious about your teeth.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t plan to whiten my teeth, mainly b/c my teeth are already pretty white and I doubt my FI would want to whiten his. My fear is that my teeth will look crazy white in comparison to his. Is that a weird fear? Probably.

I want to do some sort of tanning, but I can''t figure out what to do. I am extremely inept when it comes to applying self-tanner, but I don''t really want to go to a tanning salon. Right now, I''m using the Jergens moisturizer that gives you some color (in prep for upcoming engagement photos and b-pics), but not sure what I''ll use before the wedding. Definitely open to anyone''s suggestions...
1.gif

I will probably do a hair cut and color a few weeks before the wedding.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was shocked at how white my teeth were after the first box - this was after trying crest strips and aquafresh trays. They''re little gel packs and the box has two trays for upper and lower, and the stuff tastes appalling but it really worked for me
1.gif
it uses hydrogen peroxide instead of carbamide peroxide so you don''t want to do it too often though

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Both FI and I are gonna start whitening our teeth about 4 weeks out. We used Crest White Strips in college before our cruise and we both noticed a difference, but we may try something new this time. We both have fairly white teeth anyway thanks to whitening toothpaste and Sonicare toothbrushes.

I am also doing a combo of laying out by the pool + spray tan. I want to get a light base tan so I don''t totally fry on the honeymoon, but am using the spray tan for the darker look that I want, without getting as many UV rays.

Using all my normal Clinique products and toiletries. Already had my final hair cut awhile back, in order to grow it to the length I want.

Other than that...I am keeping my nails in tip top shape (will get pedi/mani day prior,) and plan on getting tons of rest in the weeks leading up. I already drink tons of water every day, but I will try to steer clear of both alcohol and too much sodium in those last few days. I don''t even plan on having a beer during the rehearsal dinner unless I''m just totally on edge (which I hope I''m not!) Now the limo ride on the wedding day is another story....!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I both want to whiten our teeth a little bit before the wedding, but nothing too crazy because we already both have pretty white teeth. So Rembrandt is the way to go? My dentist said that my teeth were white enough that Crest White strips would work perfect to just lighten them a bit if that is what I wanted. I haven''t even looked into the options yet.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve tried the Rembrandt whitening system as well and liked it. Oh, and I use Crest Vivid White every day. It''s the best whitening toothpaste I''ve found and I love how clean it makes my teeth feel.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be using teeth whitening strips, not sure which though. Will be picking them up this week. I hear rembrandt or crest are good, so it''ll probably be one of them.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
DH and I both whitened our teeth before our wedding last summer. (He only did it because I asked.) We used the Crest strips, but we both quit mid-pack because our teeth were getting way too sensitive. They did look very white in photos, though!

My skin was a mess before the wedding. On my dermatologist''s advice, I ended up going on Accutane about 7-8 months beforehand, and my face finally cleared a month or two before the wedding. After the wedding and the treatment were over, I started using the Clarisonic (with Cetaphil or Philosophy Purity Made Simple face wash), and my skin has stayed under control. I think the Clarisonic makes a big difference.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So I work with a dentist :). I asked her how to whiten my teeth.

She told me to use the Crest whitestrips. She told me to try them now to make sure I don't have a reaction to them, she said I don't have to do a full treatment, just one or two.

Than right before the wedding she told me to do the full treatment. Than she told me no coffee or red wine. I looked at her like I was going to cry. She than said if I had to have them to drink through a straw.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I used some Crest White Strips (the once daily for 14 days). I can''t say that I really noticed a difference, but I couldn''t use them every day. They made my teeth way too painfully sensitive, even when using Sensodyne (for 2 week before the treatment and during). I eventually got through the pack, but I''m not convinced they worked all that great.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''ve used Crest white strips a few times, and they have worked pretty well. My teeth aren''t particularly stained, but it brightened them a bit. I too have a major problem with tooth sensitivity though, and I have had to spread them way out, so it takes forever to get through the pack. Crest apparently has new white strips for sensitive teeth that you only leave on 5 minutes. I may try those for a little boost in the weeks before the wedding.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I actually got this tube of stuff called Plus White and it''s awesome. No sensitivity and you can see the difference it makes after one use! Seriously! For $5, you can''t beat it.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting mine whitened with trays and gel from my dentist. She said after the wedding I can get refill tubes of the gel to re-whiten my teeth once or twice a year and the tubes of gel are $14. The trays are the only pricey part. I''m super excited!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my porcelain veneers redone shortly before our wedding, so I also had my teeth professionally bleached when they redid my veneers. I''m really glad I did it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results