shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still treasure hunting?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An honest moment, probably the biggest bummer of this whole lockdown is not being able to treasure hunt. Just to take a Sunday and walk around an indoor flea market or find some little shop previous undiscovered. I know I'm not the only one right?

So, have you stopped treasure hunting or have to switched over to finding things online? EBay can be a trove but isn't there something about finding something in person that is just extra thrilling? Curious minds want to know!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@StephanieLynn I don't think I will ever stop treasure hunting. Most of mine is done online as I have a son with additional needs who cannot stand being in shops or at markets.

I look forward to a time when i can have more freedom to go to antique/ vintage fairs! :dance:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely miss stopping by my regular places plus not traveling and finding new things in new places. I’m doing a little online but it’s not the same as digging through a bin at a yard sale and finding a treasure.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone has good online places to recommend browsing then I’m certainly willing to give it a try. LOL.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Aside from Ebay and Etsy I enjoy having an 'online rummage' at Ruby Lane. Some really interesting pieces on there!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my favorite thrift shops are closed. And no one would dare have a yard sale right now.
The police would shut you down in one minute.
I've been looking a little on Ebay, but I really don't feel in a "shoppy" mood at all.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been shopping on eBay, Etsy and Instagram.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75, I can relate because my kids are not into the thrift store life either. Someday we will both be able to spend hours in our favorite vintage shops finding things!

@1ofakind, you are so right, it's not the same at all, not nearly as thrilling!

@stracci2000, you and me both sister, I would love to go to a tag sale or church sale but that probably won't be until next year. Sad sad. I like EBay but just can't get into it most days.

@Smith3, I know you are trying to hunt down the perfect for you Art Deco ring, I hope you find it!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my eBay, always have, always will but I’m not looking at the moment.
Apart from a “tanked” Aussie dollar apparently there are restrictions on shipping internationally (I buy almost exclusively from OS) the requirement for signed for delivery has been waived due to the virus. So no shopping.
I’m just crocheting, reading, gardening, cooking (and eating) for the time being.
So 2020 might see me with a Guinness Book of Records record (largest single square crocheted granny square), being better informed, having less weeds and probably having to dedicate 2021 to Weight Watchers !

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357, that's funny about Weight Watchers, I'm sure there is lots of comfort eating going on, I know that's true here! Honestly I'm surprised because I've sold quite a few jewelry items the past month and it seems people aren't worried about the economy going forward.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results