shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still in love with the first piece or pieces of jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

venus

Rough_Rock
Are you still in love with the first piece or pieces of jewelry that you ever bought or owned? Yes? No? If your answer is no what do you do with them? Change the setting? Create a new piece? Give them away? Sell them? Stick them at the bottom of your jewellry box out of sight and never wear them again? Do share.....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sure, I still have a number of pieces, and I still love them. I sometimes wear a gold locket that I''ve had since I was a child. My HS class ring still fits, and I have even been known to wear it once in a while. I picked a real sparkly stone for it! And, I just upgraded the stone in my original wedding set from 34 years ago, (from 0.18 ct to 0.63 ct) and I''m wearing that right now.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I really love the first sapphire set my hubby bought me. I love the style of each of the pieces, so totally me, plus they were surprise gifts picked out by my hubby when we were first starting out as a married couple. I wore them all the time and for many years. The problem is they are mall sapphires and totally dark. We looked into replacing the sapphires but that turned out to be very cost prohibitive. It''s actually less expensive to buy new pieces. So we are slowly replacing each piece and my old set just sits in my jewelry box.
39.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have several YG bracelets that I bought for myself when I was 18-19. I still love YG, but the styles aren''t my taste anymore. One is little suns, moons, and stars, another is a swirly bangle that ALWAYS got dented, and another is sort of an intricate sparkly looking but really heavy that I will probably give to my mother at some point because she still loves it. I don''t know what I''ll end up doing with the first two, right now they''re just sitting in my jewelry box looking forlorn and lonely.
15.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
FI bought me my first piece of nice jewelry that can be worn everyday. I originally got it for Xmas 06, but lost it and he replaced it for Valentine''s 07. I wear it everyday. Then on the first trip we took together, it was a birthday/spring cruise, he got the matching necklace that I wear everyday. We wanted the lemon citrine, but the place in St Thomas didn''t have it, so we got the closest thing to my birth stone. I love both of them dearly!!
The ring is DY Lemon Citrine:

dyring72509love.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
the necklace-

dybirthdaynecklace72509.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have this butterfly pin that I received when I was 5 or 6 years old when I started school. I still wear this today. I LOVE IT.
face23.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:48:01 PM
Author:venus
Are you still in love with the first piece or pieces of jewelry that you ever bought or owned? Yes? No? If your answer is no what do you do with them? Change the setting? Create a new piece? Give them away? Sell them? Stick them at the bottom of your jewellry box out of sight and never wear them again? Do share.....
YES!The sterling jewelry from the 1970s still get worn as much as the diamond jewelry bought just a few years back ...every piece has its unique quality and story.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I do still love the jewelry I bought for myself. I''ve stayed mostly with diamond solitaire stuff (studs & pendant), so that never goes out of style.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. Although ever since we got engaged, I hardly wear any of it...that kind of sucks.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a few pieces when I was very young (12-15) from boyfriends and other gifts, that I wasn''t entirely crazy about in the first place.

The first couple of pieces I chose for myself... one I still love (a very small sapphire + diamond pendant), the other not so much (a sapphire + diamond bypass style ring for HS graduation), but it''s more because of the quality than anything else. I wore that ring up until I got my engagement ring, and now it sits in my jewelry box. It''s not really worth resetting.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of rings and necklaces from old boyfriends that are sitting in the bottom of a jewelry box until I can decide what to do with the stones.

The first piece of jewelry I ever bought for myself was a strand of pearls, and I wear that all the time.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of junky jewelry from my pre-pricescope days. I wasn''t HUGE into jewelry until I started my e-ring search, but I have a bunch of stuff I was given as gifts. Some of it I wear occasionally, some sits in my jewelry box. I''d love to get rid of some of it, but don''t really know what to do with it. So it sits...

I have yet to make a really good jewelry purchase other than my e-ring. When I do it will hopefully be stuff I can love forever-- some studs and a pendant and eventually some great rings for my right hand!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Nope - but I wear things like my birthstone ring or pre-PS gemstone pendants just because of sentimental value.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results