shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you planning to (or if you''re already engaged, did you) get your honey an engagement present?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 7:49:11 PM
Author: glitterbug
Hi! This is actually my very first post... your thread inspired me to come out of lurkdom!
35.gif

I''m planning to get my soon-to-be fiance his dream guitar... he has several already, but this is kind of like his holy grail guitar, so it''ll definitely be special. I also plan to buy both our wedding bands. I figure, why should we girls have all the fun? Needless to say, we''re both really excited! hehe
Hooray for coming out of lurkdom! And that sounds like a totally fab present! What kind of guitar is his dream guitar?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I was going to get mine a new tv, but last night he went ahead and bought himself a monster 65inch television. Maybe I''ll get him a surround sound system instead?

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 7:34:25 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 12/26/2007 7:49:11 PM
Author: glitterbug
Hi! This is actually my very first post... your thread inspired me to come out of lurkdom!
35.gif

I''m planning to get my soon-to-be fiance his dream guitar... he has several already, but this is kind of like his holy grail guitar, so it''ll definitely be special. I also plan to buy both our wedding bands. I figure, why should we girls have all the fun? Needless to say, we''re both really excited! hehe
Hooray for coming out of lurkdom! And that sounds like a totally fab present! What kind of guitar is his dream guitar?
Well, he loves the Martin D-42 as well as a whole long list of others I can choose from if I can''t find that one! Btw, I can''t believe your friend said the idea is weird! My friends all said they wished *they* thought of this when I told them! Maybe yours was wishing she''d done the same?
33.gif

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 1:17:35 PM
Author:gwendolyn
Just wondering if anyone else is thinking what I''m thinking....if we had the money (which of course we don''t--at this point I don''t even know if we will have money for any sort of ring!), I would love to get J some big present that he would love, like a new computer or something, so that he gets a gift when I get my ring. I had talked to him about a ring fund, where we both put some savings into a jar (or bank account, whichever) and when we had enough for both a ring and something he wanted (like a computer), we would get both things at the same time. Now that we''ve talked over the symbolism, he sees the ring as more than just a want, but it is still something extra that I know I don''t *need* to be engaged. So, I''d like to return the favour and get him something he''d really love but doesn''t *need*. I wonder if I''d be able to try to save up to make it a surprise for him....? The ring won''t be a surprise because I am helping to pick it out (at my request, and because looking for a diamond by himself scares the bejeezus out of him
3.gif
).

So! Rambling done. Are any of you thinking of getting your man an engagement present? If you''re already engaged, did you get him one? What do you think would make a good present for a limited budget? Is there any reason you can think of NOT to give him an engagement present? I mentioned the idea to a friend who said it was weird, but I think if I was the dude and saved up all or most of the money for a big purchase like that, I''d appreciate some thanks in the form of a nice new gadget or something...don''t you think?
33.gif
One more thing... in response to your q about a good gift on a limited budget. How about an experience instead of an actual "thing" - like concert or sporting event tix, or even a weekend getaway (roadtrip, maybe)?

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
just engaged this past weekend!! when we got home from the city, i gave him a New York Rangers hockey jersey that he had been thinking about buying for himself. he loves it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results