shape
carat
color
clarity

are you one those person that can keep a secret? or...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
are you one those that must tell the whole world?
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I know FI generally knows, but it goes no further.

I usually ask if it''s okay to tell FI, and if it''s not I don''t really want to hear it myself. If something''s that much of a secret it''s likely to be a pretty big burden!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I can keep a secret well enough... if I think the person whose secret it is is worth it
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can keep a secret and still hold many even of people I cannot stand.

But I don''t like to. It''s not because I can''t or have trouble with it but because I prefer having my mind untethered by roadblocks. I don''t lie for this same reason - my mind is complicated enough without being secretive or dishonest (even if it''s someone else''s) added in. That said, I am a keeper for sure.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m extreamly good at keeping secrets. Mine or anyone elses. I''m more of a listener than a talker so the urge to share things like that has never been very strong.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Iam still keeping my brother''s secrets from when we were kids.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
yes, i will take all my secrets to the grave. I don''t even feel the slightest urge to tell anyone.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been referred to as "the vault" before.
4.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really good at keeping secrets. I tell DH, but it *never* goes past there. Friends could tell me anything and I won''t share it with others... I like listening to people, but I''m not a huge talker, so I''m much better at listening and keeping secrets than talking and sharing secrets. I also really value my friends and their trust, so I wouldn''t tell anything that wasn''t mine to tell.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 3:07:17 AM
Author: 4ever
I''m extreamly good at keeping secrets. Mine or anyone elses. I''m more of a listener than a talker so the urge to share things like that has never been very strong.
I''m exactly the same. For some reason people tell me their secrets and are really open with me, this happens even with fringe friends/people I hardly know. I don''t know why this is, maybe I seem approachable or something. I''ve kept so many secrets, especially juicy family secrets
12.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can be bribed.....
11.gif
31.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I can definately keep a secret. First because I am a trained social worker (even though I''m not currently in the field) and confidentiality is everything. Second, I love knowing stuff other people don''t and Third, I''m a good friend and like people to be able to tell their own news. People are SHOCKED when I don''t reveal friends pregnancies and engagements and what not. I think people have a right to reveal their own special news.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am the only person I know that can keep a secret. Perhaps that is why everyone calls me to tell me things saying " I know you won''t tell anyone."

I have so much dirt on my friends, family, and neighbors I could write volumes! But it''s their business and not mine to share with others.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my own.
2.gif

If someone prefaces a comment with "this can''t go any further" or "you didn''t hear this from me, but" I will certainly honor that request.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
To the grave. People don''t even have to tell me to keep it secret. I just don''t share things told to me in confidence.

But, I don''t share my OWN secrets with anyone but BFF or DH. My mom told me when I was a kid, "If YOU can''t keep the secret, how do you expect anyone else to?"

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 9:57:47 AM
Author: monarch64
I keep my own.
2.gif

If someone prefaces a comment with ''this can''t go any further'' or ''you didn''t hear this from me, but'' I will certainly honor that request.
Yeah, I also keep my own. If it''s a *true* secret a friend has told me, I can keep that. If it''s gossip, I HAVE TO tell someone. Usually, my husband is the one who''s stuck hearing everything because I know the info won''t go beyond him.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely.

I tell DH everything, and he can keep a secret. Beyond that, no one would know.

I have a *very* juicy secret about someone, and they have always been horrible to me. They tried to break up my DH and I when we first started dating. I have never told a soul. I would never feel good about telling things when it is simply not my place to tell.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am good at keeping secrets.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have a tendency to forget stuff (memory of a goldfish), so yeah, I keep secrets really well lol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t even tell TGuy if someone asks me not to, so yes, I can keep a secret.

It''s also my mantra for helping one get ahead in the corporate world: Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I''m not telling you.

11.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don't tell the whole world, but I would say I'm pretty bad at keeping secrets if telling DH counts.

I think it depends on the seriousness of the secret though. If it was something deeply personal that the person did not want shared, I wouldn't tell. However, if it was something that was going to get out anyway within a week or two, I probably wouldn't be able to hold it in and would tell at least a few people close to the situation.

We had a situation like this at a NYE party. One couple was getting a divorce and had told one other couple, but swore them to secrecy. At the party, at least 3 people (including me) kept asking where the one guy's wife was and he had to tell us, in front of a room of people, that they were getting a divorce. In that situation, I wish the couple keeping the secret had just told us so we could keep our mouths shut. Obviously that's not the kind of thing that's going to stay secret for long. I feel that most secrets fall into this catagory.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a great secret keeper.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty good at keeping secrets. Although if its really juicy, I''m bursting at the seems to tell someone. ANYONE!!! But I don''t. I hold back.
1.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am good at keeping secrets. I have some I have kept for years!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results