shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you happy? And what brings meaning to your life?

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1456786495|3997556 said:
Do you know what truly makes me happy? Just OVER THE MOON happy??? My three adopted cats :love: :love: :love:
Kitty #1 - she was between 2-4 when we adopted her. All we knew was that she and her brother were left OUTSIDE the shelter on a December day (WTF????) She's got an amazing personality and the sweetest temperament. She NEVER bites. EVER! She only accidentally scratches - like if you grab her and she's scrambling to get away - she doesn't like to be picked up. She talks a lot - that may be the calico side of her calico-tabbiness. Lot's of HELLO? HELLO? and when she sees my mom, esp. when mom is catsitting while we are out of town, she says "MAAA MAAA" and my mom responds, "good girl, Ah-ma (grandma) is here...You are Ah-ma's favorite because you are the only one that greets me by name!" HAHAHAHA! Well, for some reason, even with all these great traits, she was at the shelter for over a year! By the time we adopted her, she'd spent time at both the shelter and a few months at the local Petco...

I will never forget when we brought her home. We lived in a nice sized 2BR apartment - 1800 sq feet. We let her out of the temp carrier. She stepped into the foyer. Her jaw dropped. Eyes were the size of saucers :-o , she looked to the right, and screamed "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". mouth still hanging open, she turned to the left and screamed "AHHHHHHHHHHHH". it was like Maccauley Caulkin in home alone! We didn't know what to make of this reaction. Was she awed and amazed at all this space that was her new home, now that she wasn't in a display case/cage anymore? Or was she like, wtf? this place is SMALL! I used to live in a PALACE before they dropped me off at the shelter! (We like to believe that it's the former :sun: ). Then she started walking around like a boss...!

Because Kitty #1 was so amazing, we got Kitty #2. My heart grew and my happiness level increased. No matter how craptastic my day was at work, the kitties were there for me. Their love is unconditional. They say cats are SEMI-domesticated, so it means the world to us that Kitty #2 loves us so much that we were able to train her. Go to your spot, sit, shake hands, other hand. We thought Kitty #1 wouldn't be trainable because she's older, but guess what? she picked up sit and shake hands by observation. What? that's all you have to do to get a cookie? Easy peasy! BUT, she's modified shake hands - she doesn't like to be grabbed, so you hold the cookie out and she smacks the hand that is holding the cookie (like a "give me five"). And when she's hungry, Kitty #1 will walk up to you, and sit down with her paw raised - SO ... DARN... CUTE!

Because I love these kitties so much, I was so excited to find our current house. I wanted them to have more room to run around. I wanted large windows and storm doors for them to look out at the neighbors and birds and squirrels and chipmunks. I did all my renovations with the kitties in mind - low/no VOC paint, I went over and over with the floor guy how we would install the HW floor. I checked the reviews on the flooring brand we use to make sure there were no complaints about toxicity. I kept the stairs open risers so that they can play peekaboo, etc.

We adopted Kitty #3 this fall. She is my baby. She is my last one. My two older kitties lolol... they sleep in the spare room. We have three cat beds on top of the day bed. This is the bed:
It's linen (in case they want to sink their claws into it), and gray - a more cat friendly color (furmakers!). Kitty #3 sleeps in the bed with us. Not too long ago, DH asked, why don't we encourage her to sleep with her sisters? BECAUSE she's my baby, and one day, she WILL prefer sleeping with her sisters more than with mama and daddy, so I want to enjoy her as much as i can now, while I'm the cat's meow to her! She usually sleeps between us, and she's taken to copying our posture on the bed. She lays on her side, with her head on the pillow, and the covers are on her from the neck down. It is so sweet. Sometimes she spoons one of us, sometimes she sleeps back to back like that. I can pick her up and lay her on her side and tuck her in, and she will stay like that all night. It is impossibly sweet....

When I want to give up, I look at these sweet faces. I don't know what they endured in their lives before they came to us, but whatever happened in the past, yes it shapes them, but it has never impeded them from loving us wholeheartedly as their new mama and daddy. So I keep going. I remind myself - the paycheck I get affords them this "palace" - with rooms dubbed "the cat's room", and "the cat's oasis"... Phew - that was a lot to get out, and my dinner is ready. I want to post a picture from the other night, where Kitty #3 decided to sleep atop my head, but the way she has her arm stretched, omg :love: :love: :love: (after dinner!)

Awe, Pintobean, your post made me happy!!! There is nothing more pure and innocent than the soul of animal. :angel: (am I aloud to comment? I feel like an outsider amongst close friends here....sorry, if I am intruding :shifty: )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod|1457448784|4001512 said:
Do you know what truly makes me happy? Just OVER THE MOON happy??? My three adopted cats :love: :love: :love:
Kitty #1 - she was between 2-4 when we adopted her. All we knew was that she and her brother were left OUTSIDE the shelter on a December day (WTF????) She's got an amazing personality and the sweetest temperament. She NEVER bites. EVER! She only accidentally scratches - like if you grab her and she's scrambling to get away - she doesn't like to be picked up. She talks a lot - that may be the calico side of her calico-tabbiness. Lot's of HELLO? HELLO? and when she sees my mom, esp. when mom is catsitting while we are out of town, she says "MAAA MAAA" and my mom responds, "good girl, Ah-ma (grandma) is here...You are Ah-ma's favorite because you are the only one that greets me by name!" HAHAHAHA! Well, for some reason, even with all these great traits, she was at the shelter for over a year! By the time we adopted her, she'd spent time at both the shelter and a few months at the local Petco...

I will never forget when we brought her home. We lived in a nice sized 2BR apartment - 1800 sq feet. We let her out of the temp carrier. She stepped into the foyer. Her jaw dropped. Eyes were the size of saucers :-o , she looked to the right, and screamed "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". mouth still hanging open, she turned to the left and screamed "AHHHHHHHHHHHH". it was like Maccauley Caulkin in home alone! We didn't know what to make of this reaction. Was she awed and amazed at all this space that was her new home, now that she wasn't in a display case/cage anymore? Or was she like, wtf? this place is SMALL! I used to live in a PALACE before they dropped me off at the shelter! (We like to believe that it's the former :sun: ). Then she started walking around like a boss...!

Because Kitty #1 was so amazing, we got Kitty #2. My heart grew and my happiness level increased. No matter how craptastic my day was at work, the kitties were there for me. Their love is unconditional. They say cats are SEMI-domesticated, so it means the world to us that Kitty #2 loves us so much that we were able to train her. Go to your spot, sit, shake hands, other hand. We thought Kitty #1 wouldn't be trainable because she's older, but guess what? she picked up sit and shake hands by observation. What? that's all you have to do to get a cookie? Easy peasy! BUT, she's modified shake hands - she doesn't like to be grabbed, so you hold the cookie out and she smacks the hand that is holding the cookie (like a "give me five"). And when she's hungry, Kitty #1 will walk up to you, and sit down with her paw raised - SO ... DARN... CUTE!

Because I love these kitties so much, I was so excited to find our current house. I wanted them to have more room to run around. I wanted large windows and storm doors for them to look out at the neighbors and birds and squirrels and chipmunks. I did all my renovations with the kitties in mind - low/no VOC paint, I went over and over with the floor guy how we would install the HW floor. I checked the reviews on the flooring brand we use to make sure there were no complaints about toxicity. I kept the stairs open risers so that they can play peekaboo, etc.

We adopted Kitty #3 this fall. She is my baby. She is my last one. My two older kitties lolol... they sleep in the spare room. We have three cat beds on top of the day bed. This is the bed:
It's linen (in case they want to sink their claws into it), and gray - a more cat friendly color (furmakers!). Kitty #3 sleeps in the bed with us. Not too long ago, DH asked, why don't we encourage her to sleep with her sisters? BECAUSE she's my baby, and one day, she WILL prefer sleeping with her sisters more than with mama and daddy, so I want to enjoy her as much as i can now, while I'm the cat's meow to her! She usually sleeps between us, and she's taken to copying our posture on the bed. She lays on her side, with her head on the pillow, and the covers are on her from the neck down. It is so sweet. Sometimes she spoons one of us, sometimes she sleeps back to back like that. I can pick her up and lay her on her side and tuck her in, and she will stay like that all night. It is impossibly sweet....

When I want to give up, I look at these sweet faces. I don't know what they endured in their lives before they came to us, but whatever happened in the past, yes it shapes them, but it has never impeded them from loving us wholeheartedly as their new mama and daddy. So I keep going. I remind myself - the paycheck I get affords them this "palace" - with rooms dubbed "the cat's room", and "the cat's oasis"... Phew - that was a lot to get out, and my dinner is ready. I want to post a picture from the other night, where Kitty #3 decided to sleep atop my head, but the way she has her arm stretched, omg :love: :love: :love: (after dinner!)

Awe, Pintobean, your post made me happy!!! There is nothing more pure and innocent than the soul of animal. :angel: (am I aloud to comment? I feel like an outsider amongst close friends here....sorry, if I am intruding :shifty: )

Please share away LaineyRod and all thoughts are welcome! I agree completely. Happiness is fur baby love. :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod|1457448784|4001512 said:

Hi LaineyRod :wavey:
You are absolutely NOT intruding!!! I am so proud and happy that my furbabies' :love: can transcend our home and make others happy! We probably seem like close friends on PS because this community has very welcoming members (like Missy :wavey: )that make you feel like you are part of the fold from day 1! It's more fun when more people jump in and comment, so no need to ask if you are allowed to comment - just dive in :D :dance: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results