shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you growing old gracefully?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or are you going kicking and screaming?
9.gif

I am 38 this year. I have weight issues and wrinkles but for some reason I actually like myself better than I did in my 20''s. Whats up with that?

I don''t plan to have botox (scares me silly) a tummy tuck or boob job.* I plan to go as gracefully as I can without turning into a 40 wannabe 20 year old.

How about you?

*I have nothing against these procedures. I just don''t want to be cut up!

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
I'm 47, healthy and happy.

Is that old? Is that graceful?
28.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez, I hope so
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be 37. I''m going to go gracefully. The only thing I''d consider is asian eye crease surgery when I''m 50 or so. I already have creases naturally, as did my mother, but she had the surgery in her 60s because asian eyelids tend to droop and actually take away part of your vision. Apparently it is recommended to do the surgery early for the most natural result and to head off any vision issues.

IMHO, there are few things scarier than a woman who is obviously not 25 trying to look it.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Kicking and screaming all the way I''m afraid.

I''m going to be nipped, tucked, sliced and diced until the put me in a box I suspect.

I''d give anything not to be so concerned about it all - but there we are, that''s me!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I am, for the most part. I do dye my hair, I don''t want to look 60, I''m not even 50 yet (though it hits this year). But no botox, no nips and tucks. And while I''ll never be as thin as I want to be, I do watch my weight. I dress appropriately, not too oldish, and definitely not like I''m a young thang.

I too like myself better Maise, I am MUCH more comfortable in my skin now than I was when I was 20. I often joke, it''s a shame I can''t have THIS attitude with THAT body.
9.gif
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I am not planning on having any work done. The knife scares me. Plus Mom had 2 facelifts, she looks pretty good, but god forbid anything went wrong. I see too many examples of bad plastic surgery...
6.gif

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am 47 and I don''t know if I''m aging gracefully but, other than the hair dye, I''m definitely aging naturally. I have lots of loose skin from carrying extra weight for years before losing it a few years ago. I exercise a lot and feel good about my health and strength. I try to focus on what I look like with clothes on and not worry so much about the looseness and wrinkles although sometimes I''m amazed at how OLD my hands look.

Last week I read that new research on how hair loses its pigment may lead to a pill or injection that could restore gray hair to its original color. Wow, I would probably be all over that! As it is I dye the roots every 3 weeks -- and the third week needs some creative parting and hairspray to hide the "line."

Gee, that doesn''t sound very graceful...hope I haven''t scared any younger ones out there!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I am 52. But have had so many body parts surgically replaced or mended due to illness in my 20s, 30s, etc. that I figure I have an extended warranty on everything.

So to answer the question? I''ll grow old and not fight it but can''t promise I''ll be graceful about it.
9.gif

LS

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Kicking and screaming all the way!! If it can be tucked, sucked, botox-ed, smoothed, etc., it will be. I''m not that old but I''m truly terrified of looking and growing older. I started using anti-aging products when I was 20 years old and I probably take them to my grave. Lol.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Growing old gracefully? Me? Not from the looks of the gal in the mirror!

Botox? Maybe. If they can come up with a method that allows us to look less Stepford-like.
Collagen? Never. Nobody comes out with Angelina lips. They always look like a blowfish instead.
Face lift? Nobody is touching me with a knife unless I''m dying. I won''t say never to the non-surgical lift though.

Now, am I younger in looks, attitude, dress, taste in music, etc. than my mother, and her mother, and so on? Light years younger.

It is my goal in these next ten years to actually grow younger. More fit. Less Liz Taylor and more Liz Hurley.

And I''ve already given instructions to the hubs and my BFF: if I ever wear Alfred Dunner, take me out back and shoot me. ''Cause that''s just crossin'' the line.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 7:21:42 PM
Author: HollyS

Botox? Maybe. If they can come up with a method that allows us to look less Stepford-like.
Collagen? Never. Nobody comes out with Angelina lips. They always look like a blowfish instead.
Face lift? Nobody is touching me with a knife unless I''m dying. I won''t say never to the non-surgical lift though.

Now, am I younger in looks, attitude, dress, taste in music, etc. than my mother, and her mother, and so on? Light years younger.

It is my goal in these next ten years to actually grow younger. More fit. Less Liz Taylor and more Liz Hurley.

And I''ve already given instructions to the hubs and my BFF: if I ever wear Alfred Dunner, take me out back and shoot me. ''Cause that''s just crossin'' the line.
2.gif
Haha, on the Alfred Dunner, now that''s funny!!!
9.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
There is nothing worse than the Alfred Dunner. Very Funny!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladies
35.gif
here''s my advise...

stay out of the sun !! you''ll look much younger,plus less chance of skin cancer.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree about aging naturally even if it isn''t gracefully. I do still dye my hair, but not to hide the gray. Once I have enough gray to lighten up the dark mousy brown, I''ll go natural again. And I doubt I''d ever do botox, face lifts, filler or that kind of stuff because it often doesn''t turn out right. In the long run, I''d rather look old than weird. And I don''t think most of those things fool anyone for long. Hands are a good indicator of age so maybe I''ll just distract them with diamonds!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I just turned 30 and I am already pretty addicted to the anti-wrinkle prevention creams etc. I don''t plan to have any surgeries except for a breast reduction/lift after I am done having my kids in a few years (if I ever get started that is
20.gif
) . I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I try not to do to much to my hair apart from the occasional gloss, but I will dye it when I need to. Facelifts scare me...they never look natural to me, so I won''t ever go there. I just hope I age as gracefully as my mum has.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I will be 53 this year. I dye my hair, because I look better with dark hair than gray. I eat healthy and I exercise (walking, lift weights, Pilates, and yoga) I have great blood pressure 115/65 and low cholesterol. I have no wrinkles and try to keep my stress down through exercise and meditation. I take no medication whatsoever, but I do take a mutivitamin. I think I am aging gracefully and do not plan on Botox injections or any facelifts in my future. I am happy with me just the way I am!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think growing old & gracefully is an oxymoron. Right now I am saying NO to fillers, etc...but who knows for the future? Never say never for me.

cheers--Sharon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I quit smoking and tanning mostly b/c of seeing older women who''d done those things for years and how they looked. Cancer scares me of course too, but I didn''t want to add unnecessarily to the aging of my skin. I''m stuck in some kind of 34 yr old with a 16 year olds facial skin in some ways anyway b/c of acne that everyone swore I''d grow out of. My chest is saggy from nursing 2 kids, so I''d like to have a lift at some point..I''d really like to add a bit of size to my little ''uns but I worry I''d be one of those people whose body won''t accept the implants and I''d have a horrible reaction or something. I''d do some sort of laser on my face to get rid of acne scars and help the skin look better. I''m addicted to the plastic surgery shows too.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 7:03:07 PM
Author: B.H.S
Kicking and screaming all the way!! If it can be tucked, sucked, botox-ed, smoothed, etc., it will be. I''m not that old but I''m truly terrified of looking and growing older. I started using anti-aging products when I was 20 years old and I probably take them to my grave. Lol.
Haha, this is meeee! I think I started with the anti-aging creams at 21, though. Guess it can''t hurt. But I am definitely a nazi about sunscreen and not getting too much sun in general, even with sunscreen. Good genes help a lot, too!

The only potential surgery I could see happening in the future is some sort of eye lift, because I have super fair skin, and the skin under my eyes is quite thin... and this dark circle things is only going to get worse as I age!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wouldn''t say gracefully..but I am giving up on trying to pull out my gray hairs.
7.gif
I''ve lost that battle.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm kicking and screaming gracefully.
3.gif
I wish I could lose 20 lbs, but maybe I should resign myself to the fact that my body is what it is! Certainly my grandmothers were never so vain as we are in society today. I stay out of the sun, always have and it shows. I don't have many wrinkles at all. I'm not the least bit inerested in injections or surgery. Just not me. One day I'll let my hair grow out to it's natural grey. I enjoy life, not worrying about how old I look! I work with what I have and prefer natural things.

ETA: I will be 47 in a couple of months!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I''m only 31 and already kicking and screaming!!! I''m looking into Juviderm, botox & microdermabrasion. If I have kids, I plan to do tummy tuck, breast lift, lipo, the whole package. The weird thing is, I''m a very low maintenance girl. I don''t wear makeup and hardly even brush my hair but I''m very vain about my figure
40.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
a bit of both - but only cause i''m reasonably lucky in my genetics. my mother passed great facial skin to me and my sister, so we''re lucky in that regard. if i wasnt, i''d probably have had more procedures before now.

however, i''m not too proud to say that i have (polite cough) "the best breasts money can buy" (ie i had them done a while ago) i never liked the shape - even in my teen years - so when i hit my early 40''s i figured it was time to do what suited ME. even if i needed it i''d never have implants - i''d be too scared of leakages - but what i had was a lift. and i''m soooo pleased that i did!

i have highlights in my hair - but mainly because it''s so very fine and tends to be limp if i dont. i''ve done highlights since long before i started graying.

for the rest, i dress appropriately to my age, but in a current fashion; nothing on this planet makes a woman look older than mutton trying to dress up as lamb! i wear virtually no make up except when we go out, and that''s about it.

i''m sure i''ll have a mini facial in later years but i''d never do botox or fillers - too much maintenance.

so it''s all a bit of juggling the things that work for me and which i''m comfortable with. i''m not trying to look 25 - i''m tryiing to look like a nicely put together and groomed 48, which is exactly what i am (49 in june). i had 2 18 yr old boys the other day guessing my age at 37; i proudly told them i''d be 50 next year. i''m not trying to deceive anyone - i just wanna like what i see when i look in the mirror. life''s too short. way too short.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Whitby. I am blessed to have genetically young skin and hair. Most people think I am in my early 40''s. I won''t have any surgical procedures cause I am a big surgery chicken. And I try to dress age appropriate. I will probably highlight my blonde hair but won''t fully cover any gray when it comes in. I hope it comes in snow white. I feel like I am in a very blessed stage of life. (fifty in 27 days! YAY!)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 7:23:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh

2.gif
9.gif
Oh my gosh, the dreaded elastic waist pants and matching top! Eeeeek!

I will never wear that stuff, nor a housecoat (anybody know what those are? ha ha)

Me - no knives. A friend of mine just had a lift this fall. She even had extensions put in her
hair (long blond), she''s 56. And now she''s on a huge ego trip, whatever....
Botox - maybe. I''m afraid it''ll move around to the wrong places!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:00:03 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
ladies
35.gif
here''s my advise...

stay out of the sun !! you''ll look much younger,plus less chance of skin cancer.

I may faint, a serious post from DF, but a very wise one too. I agree with you DF.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:19:49 PM
Author: bebe
Date: 3/30/2009 7:23:44 PM

Author: Kaleigh

2.gif
9.gif

Oh my gosh, the dreaded elastic waist pants and matching top! Eeeeek!

I will never wear that stuff, nor a housecoat (anybody know what those are? ha ha)

Me - no knives. A friend of mine just had a lift this fall. She even had extensions put in her

hair (long blond), she''s 56. And now she''s on a huge ego trip, whatever....

Botox - maybe. I''m afraid it''ll move around to the wrong places!

ha ha ha ha bebe, my mom and aunt wear housecoats. They have little flowers all over them.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully I''ll age as well as my mother, who looks awesome for 47. I''m hoping I''ll grow old gracefully.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I just turned 50. I dye and hilghlight my hair. I haven''t had anything else done. I doubt I would ever have surgery because I am way too chicken. But I might consider fillers. In fact, it''s only been in the last year or so that I''ve been thinking about them. Something noninvasive sounds less scary. So, don''t know if that is considered growing old gracefully or not!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results