shape
carat
color
clarity

Are You Decorating for the Holidays yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I am.

I have to. I have a full schedule and if it doesn''''t all go up by next week, I''''m out of time! It takes
days to get it all up.

The outdoor decor will go up the day after T''''giving. Maybe sooner if I have time. I don''''t want to
be the first on my street to put up decorations though

So ticked right now. I have a centerpiece that I use on my breakfast room table and I cannot find it.
I have turned my house upside down this morning looking for it. It drives me nuts when that happens.
If I can''''t find it, I have to come up with another item and frankly my brain is drained right now.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Uh, last time I checked, it was November 12.

Hello?

Thanksgiving is two weeks away.

Never mind. I know when I''m talking to a fanatic.
9.gif

Carry on.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My inside decorations, minus my tree, are up.

Maybe it''s early...but honestly, who cares?! I love the holidays and the decorations totally put me into the mood!

I''ll wait until the day after Thanksgiving to set up the tree and the outside...but otherwise, I''m good to go!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not yet. As much as it kills me because I loooooove Christmas, the decorations stay firmly shut in their boxes until after Thanksgiving.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Not yet. I will after Thanksgiving. Right now I have my berry wreath up (white/orange cranberries? anyway, its fall themed) and some little pumpkin squash things on the mantle.

I love Christmas so I go all out. FI hates when I start dropping hints that I want to go get the tree - I make him work! nag nag nag
w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r.
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
J and I will probably decorate the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way Jose! After Thanksgiving
9.gif
Hubby thinks Christmas gets here earlier and earlier so it won''t happen till Turkey day for sure!

Uggg I''m still working on getting Halloween put away.. so far I have 4 huge boxes
20.gif
20.gif

The tree will go up thanksgiving weekend.. I only have 2 boxes of xmas stuff though.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I usually start the day after Thanksgiving. But this year we''re leaving for Florida right after Christmas and I''ll have to take it down early. So I''m tempted to start now.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:58:41 PM
Author: HollyS
Uh, last time I checked, it was November 12.

Hello?

Thanksgiving is two weeks away.

Never mind. I know when I''m talking to a fanatic.
9.gif

Carry on.
Yeah, fanatic is putting it mildly !!
Love Christmas, but it really can get stressful.
My tree will take a full day, heck that''s better than the past when I had
a much larger tree. I''ll tackle that this Saturday and Sunday.

Still haven''t located that dang centerpiece.

And have a long way to go to finish gift buying...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My decorations aren''t up but I''ve been listening to Christmas music. I''ve been wanting to get up my outdoor decorations because it''s been nice out recently. I''d much rather put up lights in the beginning of November in 40* weather than in Decemner with 10* weather.

DH has always made me wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the Christmas stuff, but I''ve found a way around that. Most years it snows in October, my deal is I get to put up "winter" decorations at the first snow.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''m usually in the "Christmas decorations are firmly shut away until after Thanksgiving" camp, but because we''ll be out of town visiting SO''s family for Thanksgiving and won''t be home until Sunday evening, I plan on doing it the weekend before. I always decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, and since I don''t have that time this year, I''d like to come home to a happy and decorated house.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I really want to!! We don''t have have Halloween or Thanksgiving celebrations in my country, so there''s no other holidays to wait out before getting into the Christmas spirit. A few stores already have up Christmas decorations - but most people wait until late November or early December. I''m pregnant and due in early December, so I''m thinking I''d like to get the decorations up before the baby comes, since I don''t know how much time I''ll have after. But besides that, I just want to begin celebrating Christmas already! I''m really disappointed the radio stations haven''t started on the Christmas carols yet!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. I will do it after Thanksgiving. Bah humbug, LOL!!!!
3.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t put the tree and lights up until after Thanksgiving. This is the first year we''ve had a little extra money to actually get a few decorations for the inside..some candle things and stuff to put on the kitchen table. Our house is pretty fall looking anyway, so I don''t actually have to put much out but it''s fun..lots of pumpkin things-we both dig pumpkins.

Tonight we went to the city to eat for our anniversary (8 years on the 10th) and checked out the Christmas stuff at a couple stores. I got a little tree to decorate as a center piece for the kitchen table, and a cute snowman welcome sign for the front door (I have a pumpkin one now!). I saw a decorated train set, where you buy each car individually, and can''t wait til we have to go back up in a couple weeks..I want a few cars to put around the tree on the table. And I want to start collecting those village pieces.

I love the Holidays!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. It''s driving me nuts that Thanksgiving hasn''t passed yet as I''m aching to decorate for Christmas!!! I did bring out one holiday candle thing I have. . .giant red candle poured into blown red glass!
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep, all done for the the christmas
37.gif
the only thing we have up for Thanksgiving is my wreath
40.gif
its a pain to decorate for christmas, so I want to enjoy my decorations for as long as I can...early

bebe

Ideal_Rock
In the past I always waited until the day after Thanksgiving to begin my Christmas decorating. But honestly, it was always stressful to be decorating, shopping, entertaining, etc...

I will hopefully have my tree up by Monday or Tuesday.

I was seeing Christmas decorations up in stores before Halloween - I couldn't believe it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m ready to decorate now but I am searching for a new 6'' prelit tree. I can''t do the rest of it before I do a main tree (several 3-4'' trees plus a ton of other craziness)...my weekend mission is to buy one. I''m all for decorating pre-Thxgiving to have it out of the way. And it''s just fun.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
We''ll put ours up after my mother''s birthday (general family tradition, which has just ''stuck'' with me) on the 18th December.

My parents detest Christmas decorations, would have skipped them completely if they could have got away with it. They always told me that you couldn''t put them up before the 18th and that people who did risked having their license revoked...
9.gif
I believed that for longer than I believed in Santa.
23.gif

I suppose it depends on where you live. Christmas decorations are going up in the shops where I live, but most people wait until December to put up anything on / in their houses here.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
no... alas, I am not decorating at all this year... the movers come dec 17th and I will be homeless for the holidays...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope I havent decorated, I usually wait till the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year I have to help my Mom so I might start the weekend of Thanksgiving. I am about 1/2 done with my shopping....yeaaaa

How long do you guys leave decorations up?

I leave everything up until New Years Day (or.. day after if I'm "tired")... It's like an extra week of pretty lights :D

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think this weekend we''ll tackle decorations. we''ll put up a fall wreath [that should have been up already!] and then inside decorate for christmas. once thanksgiving is over, i''ll change out the wreath for a christmas one.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I like to take my holidays one at a time, but every New Years weekend I am sad to take everything down because I don''t feel like it was up long enough to enjoy them. My house always looks so bare once I pack away Christmas. I hate that. I may start earlier this year...

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:42:28 AM
Author: swedish bean

I leave everything up until New Years Day (or.. day after if I'm 'tired')... It's like an extra week of pretty lights :D

Ours stay up until Epiphany, which is the traditional end of Christmas.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: my mom is giving me her 6'' prelit tree! She mentioned last year that she was going to get rid of it because she can''t stand wrestling with it...I emailed her today to ask if she still had it and wanted me to take it off her hands, and she said yes! Yay! The cheapest one I''ve been able to find online was $140 so I just saved myself a nice chunk of change!

I take my decorations down the week after New Year''s. By then I''m ready to re-arrange furniture and get things back to my regular decor. I decorate early enough to be over it right after the holidays.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 5:18:35 PM
Author: Clio

Ours stay up until Epiphany, which is the traditional end of Christmas.

ditto

bebe

Ideal_Rock

I leave everything up until New Years Day (or.. day after if I''m ''tired'')... It''s like an extra week of pretty lights :D
My decorations are usually coming down around New Years.

My tree is now up - so I''m done inside. Well, I have one more tree to set up, it is permanently decorated with a collection of Christmas Fairies, so all I
have to do is bring it downstairs.
(still haven''t found that centerpiece)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

I leave everything up until New Years Day (or.. day after if I''m ''tired'')... It''s like an extra week of pretty lights :D
We have a neighbor that doesn''t take them down until March!!! Cracks me up. They have little kids, but come on March??? We place bets every year as to how long it will take them to take them down....
31.gif
There is a radio station here that will make the call, saying, Lady do you know the amount of energy your lights are using and it''s wayyyyy past Christmas???? Your neighbors have asked us to call, it''s almost Easter, please take them down... OMG, too funny to listen to those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results