shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you buying gifts for...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you getting a gift for people who are:

a) doing a reading
b) being a greeter
c) doing another job that''s different than a or b?

One of my cousins (who is 15 years old) is doing a reading, as is one of my FI''s nieces (who''s in her 20''s). Should we give a gift to these girls? We''re really strapped for cash so if we do get them something, it will have to be budget-friendly. Do you think a small gift for my cousin and a nice card would suffice or should we get a gift for both?

As for the greeters, they are my sister''s husband and my FI''s nephew (the brother of the niece I mentioned). The only jobs they''ll have are to direct guests where to park, where to put gifts, and to hand out programs.

How are you handling this?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We had 1 aunt, 1 uncle, and a brother-in-law do readings... we gave the guys nice pens and the aunt we gave one of those "Willow Tree" figurines since its totally her style.

We didn''t have greeters... just ushers. We got them each a small Blockbuster movie giftcard.

DH''s cousin was married last year and I don''t think she gave gifts to her "house party" who helped with the guestbook, programs, etc.

One thing I think is cute is to do a movie or movie rental giftcard and a bag of popcorn and box of movie candy... it makes for a nice movie night at home!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
We only had one reader, but she was a very dear friend of mine. She''s a huge Jane Austen fan and loves to cook, so I ended up getting her a Jane Austen cookbook (who knew there was such a thing?). It was only around 20 bucks, whereas my bridesmaids gifts averaged about 50. I wrote her a nice card and that was that! I don''t think it has to be much - but the thought does count.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think we are. D and I have done readings and other small things in a couple of weddings and it doesn''t seem to be common to give a token to the readers, ushers etc over here.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
When I read in my cuz''s wedding they gave me a bad/body lotion basket. It was sweet and not necessarily expensive, but made me feel nice to get something when they were giving out their other gifts. I would not have been mad at all to not receive anything (I was honored to be a part of it), but I think I will do something for our readers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results