shape
carat
color
clarity

are you bringing e-ring/band on honeymoon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
Are you planning on bringing your engagement ring and band on your honeymoon?
If so, will you leave them on at all times? Or take it off for certain activities (going in ocean, etc)?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are some other old threads on this topic somewhere, but I can''t remember the phrasing of the titles of those threads to tell you what to do a search for, sorry!

We honeymooned in Vegas for a few days, then Florida, and I wore my rings then...wore then in the pool and in the ocean, but they are platinum and I wasn''t concerned with certain white gold issues. When we got engaged, we went to Jamaica for 10 days and I did wear my e-ring there all the time, but did turn it around when we were in certain areas such as Kingston or when we were out at night, or in markets where there were guards standing outside banks with Uzi''s, lol.

Are you going out of the States for your honeymoon? You''ll probably want to check with the hotel as far as whether they offer a room safe, etc. As far as going in the ocean with rings, I probably wouldn''t subject white gold to the chlorine of a swimming pool...I''m sure others will chime in with their thoughts on the matter.

I''ve never had problems traveling with my rings. They''re insured, and I go to our jeweler at least twice a year to have my prongs checked on my e-ring and have them make sure the stones in my wedding band are secure. I have 950 plat. and no problems with that as far as wearing them in pool or ocean water either.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I am because we are having a DW and I want my e-ring and then right on to honeymoon, I would like to send my ering home with someone because it is big and I am very worried about it, but no one is going back to the same place as us so it would have to be shipped (which I guess is an option) but the ring is fully insured obviously

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2007 11:54:55 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!
I am because we are having a DW and I want my e-ring and then right on to honeymoon, I would like to send my ering home with someone because it is big and I am very worried about it, but no one is going back to the same place as us so it would have to be shipped (which I guess is an option) but the ring is fully insured obviously
DaH, forgive me, but I *think* your center stone is 3+ carats, right? (correct me if I''m wrong)

Would you possibly consider having a replica with a CZ center made? I don''t know if that would be an option for you but it sounds like you are sort of torn between wanting to have your ring with you but not worrying about it...even if your ring is insured maybe it would give you peace of mind to know that your *real* ring was in a safe place while you were OOC? Just a thought.
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We went to Hawaii and I wore mine. I knew the hotel room had a safe, so when we went to the beach I left it locked up.

DAH: I would check with the hotel regarding a safe if you don''t want to send it home via mail (I''d feel much better having my ring with me than shipped). Monarch''s idea is brilliant, but just thought I''d offer an alternative in case you don''t have the time or want to have a replica made.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
We're honeymooning to Banff, CA and yes, I will be bringing by e-ring and wedding band. There will be times when I don't wear my e-ring, like while we're snow skiing and other activities such as that, but still probablly wear my wedding band.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be bringing my ering and wband with me, but I don''t think I''ll wear the e-ring in the ocean. Fish are attracted to sparkly things (they look like scales to them) and it''s not recommended that you wear shiny and sparkley things while in the ocean. Plus, I plan on diving and it can get cold depending on your depth, and my ring is a bit loose in the cold. I guess I''ll be locking it up in the safe.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I hadn''t thought about that!
I''m planning on spending alot of time in the ocean, now I''m worried that my rings might come off. I went swimming with my ering recently and it did move around a little. I think I''ll send my ering back with my mother and just wear my w-band. It should be ok, right?
32.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m taking them with me but definitely won''t have my e-ring on in water.... too much chance to lose it. I have a fakey band that I''ll probably wear, but I''m also going from home to my wedding to my honeymoon so I''d rather have it with me in the safe than shipped somewhere.

I''ve heard that it''s mostly men that lose their rings in the ocean on their honeymoon... since they aren''t used to wearing rings and they might not be sized just right... so when you''re taking care of yours, maybe chat with the new hubby about his too!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s one less thing to worry about if you leave it at home, and it''s better for your safety. I have a plain silver band that I will be wearing and fi will still wear his band.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
no, i am having my mom lock them up in her safe until we buy our own safe after our honeymoon. i will just wear a silver/rhodium plated band. i agree, it would be one more thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results