shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a fast food junkie?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you eat fast food? I know it's SO bad for you, but it's my weakness. I eat it 2-4 times per week. :-o Horrible I know!! I am not overweight (surprisingly) but I know I should cut waaay down. How about you? Any other FF junkies out there?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I reeeeaaaaallllyyyy try not to! I've been doing good lately. However, special occasions call for a late-night honey butter chicken biscuit from whataburger. Don't wanna know how many calories are in that sucker!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1331942799|3150421 said:
Do you eat fast food? I know it's SO bad for you, but it's my weakness. I eat it 2-4 times per week. :-o Horrible I know!! I am not overweight (surprisingly) but I know I should cut waaay down. How about you? Any other FF junkies out there?
Not like i used to be. But I do like the occasional JITB Tacos, Whiteys or Sonic corndog. lol

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Just had a cheeseburger last night from In 'n Out. Mmmm.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I gave up fast food years ago. I will occasionally get a craving for McDonald's french fries, though.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I don't eat fast food that often. I guess maybe if you think about how many preservatives are in it and the things to do to make it taste the same from fast food joint to fast food joint then maybe that might help? I will say I do like McDonald's McMuffins from time to time. I use to work at Taco Bell in High School and will not eat there after eating there. lol I forgot the movie about McDonald's? Maybe watch that? I think everything in moderation is good.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Once every six months or so I go a bit crazy craving a western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's, which is really funny because I don't really care for bacon. Other than that. I don't eat fast food.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChloeTheGreat|1331943494|3150432 said:
I reeeeaaaaallllyyyy try not to! I've been doing good lately. However, special occasions call for a late-night honey butter chicken biscuit from whataburger. Don't wanna know how many calories are in that sucker!

Sounds delicious, Chloe! We don't have Whataburger around here unfortunately. Probably for the best, haha.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(slowly raises hand) I am...probably 2-3 times a week. I'm just out running around a lot and need a quick bite to eat.
I usually hit Wendys and try to do the more healthy food. I do not have a weight issue either.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
About once a week. Chipotle, Panda Express, In and Out, McDonalds, or Burger King. Or if I get really lucky: El Pollo Loco!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rarely. It's not only the weight issue that worries me, but all the sodium, chemicals, etc. that is in the fast "food." We were never given McDonald's or anything fast food growing up, so I never developed a taste for the stuff, although I ate my fair share of it in college when convenience outweighed common sense.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love fast food. I love almost every food that is bad for you. Between full time graduate school, working, and having a small child, I eat my fair share. Plus my favorite food in the entire world is french fries. I really wish it wasn't!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Only this time of year when I have my 1-2 times weekly Shamrock Shake from McDs!

Otherwise...maybe once every other month? And only if I'm in a REAL pinch.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
No. But I am a drive through drink junkie. Large diet coke, iced tea, coffee, soda water, etc.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you all consider places like Panera to be considered 'fast food?' If not, then I eat less than I thought! :)

Skippy, Taco Bell is pretty gross...I can only imagine the things you saw, lol. I wonder what is in their taco meat.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love love love how some of it tastes but when I look at the amount of calories/fat that are in it..... :shock: When I saw an open heart surgery, it really put it into perspective. The woman didn't even have much fat around her heart but it was still gross to think that some of it came from the bad food she was eating!

Btw, I love french fries. If I could eat McDonalds french fries every day, I would.

Also, I'm glad that some of the fast food chains are trying to give more health conscious options.

I do consider Panera fast food but I think its great that they list the calories on their menu which would make me more likely to go there if I was looking for a quick bite.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would call any place that serves food on anything besides actual plates and uses plastic utensils fast food...but there is a gray area, of course. It's much easier to find healthier options at a Chipotle than at McDonald's, for instance. If I include all the gray area places, I do eat fast food several times a month. But burgers and fries, no.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yes, like you, I have a bad diet but a wonderful metabolism. Fast food perhaps 3 times/week? But every year for Lent I give it all up. If it's not served on crockery, with cutlery, I don't eat it. It's a real sacrifice at first, but you get used to it after your body is purged of all their crack-like addictive ingredients. :lol: I stay off it for a few months post-Easter, but slowly slide back into it again over the rest of the year. It's a matter of laziness for me.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissPrudential|1331949070|3150510 said:
No. But I am a drive through drink junkie. Large diet coke, iced tea, coffee, soda water, etc.

Mmm, definitely! Iced tea is so good.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Lately, I've gotten really bad. I never go to the "traditional" fast food joints (McD's, Burger King, Wendy's, KFC, etc) but I eat lunch from our building cafeteria several days a week, or hit up one of the pho places across the street. I know I should bring lunch, but somehow it just doesn't happen. I'm a burger and fry snob so I only get those at gastropubs or other fancy places, but at lunch I usually get soup, which means my sodium intake is probably through the ROOF. Sigh. I also like Panera's breakfast sandwiches (thankfully, the one near us is the opposite direction from my work) and Qdoba/Chipotle, but I only go there a couple times a month at most.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I pretty much never eat fast food, but I am a big happy hour menu lover. Sliders, buffalo wings, little flatbread pizzas ... definitely not any better for you and just as tasty :devil: The only fast food place in my neighborhood is McDonald's, and I don't eat there because I swear the smell comes out my pores for hours later when I do. If we had some better places in the area right around my apartment/school, I'd probably hit it up more often.

I guess we have a Subway too. Not really sure why I don't eat there more often. It's really pretty virtuous relative to the rest of my diet.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rarely. Maybe once or twice every six months.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a recovering fast food addict. Used to eat it a couple times a week, now thanks to a wheat allergy and getting healthier- I'm down to abou once a month.

I think about a whopper all the time ;-)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:

This used to be me!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Rarely, about once a month, and it's usually not by choice. It is usually because we are at a ball game, or we are traveling, or we have to be somewhere and we're late. I only cave and eat fast food because the kids drag me. And even then I choose the healthier items like salads or grilled chicken sandwiches. I just don't have the desire for junk food. Maybe because I know what is in those mystery nuggets and "beef" patties.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
In & Out every six months or so. No fries, no soda just a 'double double' :twisted:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don't eat it because a) I'm sworn off it during Lent and b) once I start, it's like a train wreck. I cannot stop. I have been known to drive a route that takes me past more than one drive-though.... I can ignore it for a long time, but once I eat some I want to eat lots, lots more.

I don't want my daughter to know it exists yet, either. She'll have plenty time to discover it I guess, but until then, I'm not telling. ;))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
We go out to eat for either fast food or a sit down place once and week and that is it. I find the older I get, the more my body rejects fast food and I feel horrible for hours afterwards.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never. When I was younger (teens and younger) maybe once or twice per month but I never was a big fan. As I got older I developed a condition that made it even more unfavorable for me so I just don't. I do miss pizza a lot :(sad (and Nathan's french fries and Burger King thick shakes) but it's just not worth it to me.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We do fast food about 1x a week when DHs out of town. The kids get Happy Meals, which now come with both a tiny fry and a bag of apple slices. I don't get anything, but take some french fries from both kids (I can't resist!). If it were healthy, french fries would become one of my food groups!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results